Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kerrigan continues to make plays.....

NoCalMike

I admit at the time I didn't want Kerrigan and preferred Amukamra. Glad to be wrong on that one. Kerrigan is a stud. Don't think it's fair to compare him to Watt as Watt has much better players around him(and the best 3-4 coach in the league as well).

Right now Kerrigan's got 3.5 sacks in 4 games. That projects to 14 sacks, aka Pro Bowl year.

I wish that there could be a Kerrigan thread where it's just Kerrigan that's discussed and not Orakpo so much. I mean Rak didn't even play.

Anyway, Kerrigan said at the beginning of the season that he had been working on adding to his pass rushing repertoire. The work that he put in is clearly working for him.

BTW, good point ghost.

Don't think it's fair to compare him to Watt as Watt has much better players around him(and the best 3-4 coach in the league as well).

their defense is great because of Watt. A 3-4 DE that can get to the QB at will, can play the run at an elite level, and do absurd things like that interception TD return last year in the playoffs... plus he THROWS AROUND offensive linemen. Because of him, the Texans do not have to blitz. Man, if we had a guy like him right now, it would be something else.

Thats not a knock on Kerrigan who I love and think he is a true stud, and is the guy that is comparable to the other great pass rushers in our division, but Watt looks like the 2nd coming of Reggie White.

WOW. Never really thought about that. I LOVE Kerrigan, but way to really make me think about that fact every time I see Kerrigan now. Watt is unreal man. Oh well, Kerrigan is on pace for 16 sacks so that makes me happy. Kinda surprised he hasn't forced a fumble yet seeing as how that's really what he's known for.

He's still improving and an immediate impact player in his second year. He's not JJ Watt at this point but who's to say he won't be as good or even better within 3 years?

Kerrigan seems to be quick as a cat, off his feet up into the air. He makes so many plays off his feet almost every game. He waits until the QB commits to throwing and then jumps up arms raised and changes or deflects throws.

Rak to contrast doesn't seem to go after throws nearly as often. Different players sure, but its nice to see Kerrigan make plays when he cant get to the QB. Those plays he is making are almost as good as sacks.

Why doesnt the NFL or someone else have sortable stats that track hurries knockdowns deflected passes etc? It's still only sacks, or bust? Under Pressure, who has the numbers, if even by team?

I've always admired a football player that goes balls out from the first snap to the final whistle and Kerrigan is just that. He's just an outstanding all-around LB. His sack totals will climb. If you watch the game closely you will see how many times he is so close to getting a sack/pressure.

Not really...I don't have enough faith in our coaching staff for them to bring 98 to fruition. Now he is damaged, and it might be time to "cut bait" while we can cash on him, instead of stringing him along until he has no value.

What makes you think we would get a player anywhere near him? And if you think its the coaching staff, why would you have faith in a different player coming in a playing well? If its a coaching issue, well then we need to get rid of the coaches, not one of our best players coming into his prime. I am holding out hope that he can come back healthy and put this pec behind him.

What makes you think we would get a player anywhere near him? And if you think its the coaching staff, why would you have faith in a different player coming in a playing well? If its a coaching issue, well then we need to get rid of the coaches, not one of our best players coming into his prime. I am holding out hope that he can come back healthy and put this pec behind him.

Because people confuse Madden with real life.

It's a common thing around here.

Wasn't he held on the big throw by the bucks n the forth quater??? That was a key missed call as well.. I know no one can catch every flag but come on a blatant hold has gotta e called regardless what team

he got held in many drop backs. Thought the refs missed at least 3 blatant holding calls on him.

Rak to contrast doesn't seem to go after throws nearly as often. Different players sure, but its nice to see Kerrigan make plays when he cant get to the QB.

Rak batted down two in a row at the end of the Saints game when they were down around the end zone if I am not mistaken.

Wasn't he held on the big throw by the bucks n the forth quater??? That was a key missed call as well.. I know no one can catch every flag but come on a blatant hold has gotta e called regardless what team

That teams get away with holding Kerrigan is a small part of why our defense is so bad.

Archived