Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kerrigan continues to make plays.....

NoCalMike

Regarding the Dline I agree but I would add that we do need to continue to build it in the sense that if there is great value to and a player we think can be dominant I would draft him even if he plays DL. You can never have too many and I do think we are still missing that ELITE DL player right now that would really help put this D and pass rush over the top. Maybe Jenkins is that player once he gets his legs back from under him. Who knows.

I think that is always the case. Since we're all talking about the J.J. Watt scenario: We really need to improve our secondary, specifically safety in my opinion. Let's say next year we're sitting at 16 (middle of the pack just for jumping point of argument) which unfortunately is pick 48 for us. If the next best safety is ranked in the 65ish range and we have a trade offer to move back in that range, but their is a very coveted D-linemen available at our pick, what do we do?

I think the predicament in this case for our team is made easier by the fact we don't have a 1st round pick. I would argue for trading back in this scenario, BUT, given the exact same situation and difference in draft spots except in the first round rather than the second, I would say it may be worth it to take the lineman. I agree with you on the importance of the position and the talent available at your slot, regardless of position, must always be a consideration. But if you get fair compensation or feel you can fleece another team and have pretty good depth, you may have to go in that direction, take the extra picks and take your position of need.

Fortunately we have two things working for us: I think it is much more common to find good safeties (starting caliber, of which we have none, let's say about the talent level of a DAWAN Landry) in the 2nd or 3rd round then many other positions. The other thing we have working for us is Shanahan's penchant for drafting players. I mean, honestly, look at his drafts just since he's been here. I have complete faith in him picking players that both fill a need AND are successful (and no, I am not just talking about RB). He's done an excellent job adding solid safety depth in the late rounds that I think if he finds a guy earlier, that player will be what we need. I would kill for a guy like Harrison Smith in our secondary right now.

great pick, I'll admit I didnt like it a year ago. Glad im wrong.

He better than Orakpo too

Makes way more plays than Orakpo on a consistent basis.
Hold on guys, Orakpo hasn't exactly exceeded my expectations either. He's actually frustrating the hell out of me by doing a damn good imitation of a one trick pony.

However, you do realize that being the ROLB Orakpo is going up against the better quality of o-linemen on a more consistant basis than Kerrigan. Right? Not to say that the young boy hasn't gotten his on that side also.

The Redskins essentially traded the 10th pick in the draft for the 16th (Kerrigan), 79th (Hankerson), 105th (Helu), 146th (Gomes), 155th (Paul), 178th (Robinson), 217th (Hurt) and 224th (Markus White) picks.

I don't think I would take that back for just JJ Watt even though Watt looks like a perennial All Pro

What the hell are you talking about

Archived