Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you want OFF this team?

paloffs

Exactly...Spot on!

So many Redskin members here, almost always want the wrong guys gone...lol

There were people here wanting Gibbs 2.0 fired

There were people here livid we drafted Sean Taylor ("ah..not another damn safety") lol

But Taylor Jacobs?

He was gonna make Charlie Taylor look like a rookie.

:D:D

Almost positive no one said that about ST. U are thinking of Landry

So far, the team has six fumbles...two by Banks.

The other four by RG3...oh well...I guess we better send him packing.

Yes, this makes a lot of sense doesn't it?

Honestly, this reply isn't even worth trying to teach you how incredibly stupid such a statement is.

~Bang

Banks also had a muffed punt.

RG3 also touches the ball much more than Banks. I wonder how the percentages would look on how many plays they have the ball.

Warren Moon is the all time leader for fumbles, as i recall.

Hall of Famer there.

QBs fumble because they get blindsided when they have one hand on the ball. QBs usually lead their team in fumbles, and if they don't, the guy who does is usually not there for long.

Banks fumbles because a butterfly flapped it's wings in Brazil.

Banks has fumbled or muffed 9 times since the beginning of last season.

that is an average of one every other game.

as I said above, he is the luckiest little S.O.B. I've ever seen when it comes to the bounces..but that luck will run out.

~Bang

Yea, its sarcasm, but to even bring up Art Monk's name in a manner that you did is flat out wrong. That shows me the lack of awareness one has for some players. Luckily I'm not a monitor or I'd 'accidentally' click your 'ban' button on the screen just out of pure spite.

If ANYONE deserves to be on the hotseat or off the team, its Haslett, and possibly Morris, depending on whose fault it is for the defense being so lacking. Like others, I wasn't thrilled when Haslett was tapped as being the DC, especially after seeing his lack of success everywhere else he's been; his performance record speaks for itself.

Danny Smith, well, I see alot of criticism on him, but unless I'm not paying close enough attention, it seems the coverage squad isn't doing bad; now, the blocked kicks and extra points thing, I think that falls more on the players than Smith, but I could be wrong; I have been before, but when a player whiffs on a defender, shouldn't that be on the player?

And finally, I think the Redskin cheerleaders needs to be on the hotseat as well; they should be sent to my home immediately for proper training, and showers...:evilg:

I'm wiling to give Morris a pass more than Haslett, and i haven't thrown the towel in on Haslett.

There's been a few key injuries, and our secondary is young in places and injured in others, and this dictates what they can do more than anything.

These are definitely not excuses for some of the playcalls that have cost us points, like that stupid cover-zero last week that left Wilson on an island. I don't care who the corner is, if the ball is there and he misses th tackle, it's gone.

If there is not a sack or a pressure causing a bad pass on that dumbass play at minimum it is going to be a 15 yard gain.

~Bang

---------- Post added September-29th-2012 at 07:58 PM ----------

Successful franchises dont make the same mistake twice. If we wanna start contending' date=' we gotta show Brown the door and bring guys in that can play the position and aren't made of glass[/quote']

Contract and cap mght have something to do with that.

~Bang

I made a mocking joke in the beginning of this thread, because it seemed like just another creative way to say fire Smith and Haslett.

Now we've had the old Banks vs RG3 comparison. Gee, haven't we seen that one enough. :ols:

Then, it quickly spirals into lets just start freaking out and firing and cutting everybody.

I made a mocking joke in the beginning of this thread, because it seemed like just another creative way to say fire Smith and Haslett.

Now we've had the old Banks vs RG3 comparison. Gee, haven't we seen that one enough. :ols:

Then, it quickly spirals into lets just start freaking out and firing and cutting everybody.

Yer FIRED!

Nah, overall I like the roster. Not much a fan of banks.. i know he can give a spark like last week...

But those fumbles and muffs will bite us in the butt before long.

In my book, ten "Way-To-Gos" are wiped out by one "awww CRAP!"

~Bang

Danny Smith

The Redskins' special teams has gone through many punters and kickers over the last 7 or so years. I think the only playing position that has had more turnover is QB. Yet, one constant remains - Danny Smith. The two blocked kicks in the first two games was just another reason to throw Danny Smith's name out there for the chopping block.

Jim Haslett

Our team, for I don't remember how long, has been known as a power team. We run the ball well and play hard defense. Haslett replaced Gregg Blache, whom had a "bend, don't break" mentality. Haslett was also in charge of converting our defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4. Our defense struggled early under Haslett, but many gave him a pass because he didn't have 3-4 players. Through the draft and free agency, we collected many of those pieces. Now, in year 3, Haslett's defense is one of the worst in the league. His unit is plagued with injuries, which results in backups starting... so should he still get a pass?

The above names are obvious picks for many. I'm going to call out someone we don't hear much about, but I think is an important person that needs to be replaced.

Ray Wright (Strength and Conditioning coach)

I know every team has injuries. I know some players are more susceptible to injuries than others. But why does it seem that whomever we play, their key players are always there and healthy. And if they're not entirely healthy, they sure LOOK healthy when playing against us?

We have NINE players on injured reserve, three of which are starters (IMO, Helu would've started if he were healthy). The nine players on injured reserve doesn't Jammal Brown, whom we can't seem to get healthy. Sundberg isn't included either... but that was a freak accident.

We also have Garcon, our prized free agent, missing games because somebody stepped on him? And Meriweather hasn't played a regular season snap yet.

Our players seem to get hurt too easily and re-injure themselves. I know Ray Wright can't prevent all injuries (like Sundberg and Garcon), but how about rehabbing our players correctly so they don't re-injure themselves (Orakpo and Helu can't seem to stay healthy). I'm terrified that Jenkins will be the next man down.

Am I overreacting to our players' injuries? Do you guys have another person you want off the team?

I agree with all you have mentioned and agree with your reasons for each! A player I would like to mention is Niles Paul. This freakin guy is a worthless waste of a body taking up a roster spot. And to top it off that knucklehead Shannahan cuts Cooley to keep this POS on the roster! Personally I think our whole coaching staff SUCKS!

How the heck would you know about all that given your join date?

You've seriously been lurking regularly on here since 2003, and only decided to sign up so you could join in EIGHT years later?

Forgive me when I say I smell a rat.

Hail.

could have been like me, only got a nonefree email to join when I did. Had to lurk for years for and info on skins.

I agree with all you have mentioned and agree with your reasons for each! A player I would like to mention is Niles Paul. This freakin guy is a worthless waste of a body taking up a roster spot. And to top it off that knucklehead Shannahan cuts Cooley to keep this POS on the roster! Personally I think our whole coaching staff SUCKS!

:ols:

Paul is a steady contributor on special teams but hasn't done much if anything on offense. He could be blocking well but I haven't noticed. :whoknows:

Brandon Banks- before one or more of his fumbles start bouncing to the other team. I've never seen a more lucky player in terms of his own fumbles bouncing right back into his hands.

since i believe that long returns are a product of blocks and not specific returner talent... cut his butterfingers before they cost us a game.

Better lucky than good, though, right? It's hard not to agree. He's several lucky bounces away from being Champ Bailey back there. That was awful.

I didn't see people livid when Sean Taylor was drafted by us.
Almost positive no one said that about ST. U are thinking of Landry

Actually, I think you could Google up some posts and articles that said the pick was too high to use on a safety, but I'm not sure that was even the majority opinion at the time. Still, I think it's safe to say nobody knew how good he'd be.

The problem with wishing someone were off the team is that you have to have a better option. I think I was in the minority wanting 'Los Stone Hands back at whatever price he was asking, but I'm not sure as many would disagree with me now.

los.png

So aside from whoever is at fault for the D, and whatever Bad Kyle it is who chases down replacement refs and does the worst pre-game psyche-up speech I've ever seen, I'm not sure who you'd can at this point.

Tiki Barber.

I hear you, but lets face it,, somebody got ahold of tiki and taught him how to hold the ball differently. he started carrying it way up high and tight and things changed. Tiki also tended to fumble running into traffic as a running back.

I'll go you one better with Ahman Greene who used to fumble like crazy in Seattle, and when he got to GB they found out he sweats profusely, and they fitted him wth neoprene sleeves,, no more fumbles.

Banks fumbles it with no one hitting him.. he muffs it, drops it. And when someone does hit him he weighs a buck-fifty. He is not going to be doing anything in any contact except absorb it and be violently affected by it. He's a gnat out there. and o matter what, there's a potential that he never will stop fumbling simply because of the level of shock he takes when hit.

if I had to guess, I'd say much of it is a hand-eye thing.. namely his eyes are looking someplace other than his hands.

I think it could be correctable, but thus far it has not been.

And then there's the one like vs the Rams when he got hit running up the sidelines and laid it right down on the ground while he flew through the air into the bench area...

I guess he's the very defintion of "mercurial".

he can turn a game around, one way or another.

ticktickticktick...

~Bang

D Hall, Doughty, Jamaal Brown. Hall is a hot head, I just can't stand how he carries himself on the field. Doughty is a liability, even on special teams. He's our punt protector, that speaks volumes to me. Brown is a waste of cap space, was worth a shot but he just can't get on the field.

I think the strength and conditioning coach is a non-issue because we seem to have many players who have injury histories and then we act surprised when they keep repeating injuries. Having broken a bone and suffered a sprain myself, I know that it really never fully heals. Sometimes it feels fine, but other times, even years later, I know I have to take it easy on those joints. Likely these guys will have injury issues regardless of who is the coach.

Archived