Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you want OFF this team?

paloffs

First time commenting on this thread, though I feel like I have a decent enough handle on the roster to discuss it now.

Cut RIGHT NOW:

-Cundiff: I was willing to give the guy a pass last week because he hit the game winner. 1 of 2 this week when both are within 40 yards though is unacceptable.

Cut at Bye week IF they are poor:

-Haslett and Smith - if these guys don't perform well through the bye week I'd be fine letting them go, but it's conditional. Ideally, they're both lame ducks.

Cut at end of the year:

-Jordan Pugh - I don't think he's done anything other than be depth. He's signed through 2014, so let him go

- MAYBE Brandon Meriweather - if he can't get healthy, then he'll have to go, though we might still owe him money and it might make sense to keep him in that case

Cut after June 1, 2013

-Jammal Brown - We still owe him money (grumble grumble), but the cap hit is lowest if we cut him after June 1, 2013, at about 1.1M 2013 and 2Mish 2014, when we have money back.

Cut if they don't re-do their contracts:

-Hall: He's in line for 7.5M base and probably another couple M in bonuses. That's just unacceptable, considering what he is. His cap hit needs to come down to under 5M, or toss him.

-Moss: He's in line for 4.15M next year before bonuses. That's a little too high considering he's not a necessity anymore.

DNR (Do Not Re-sign)

-Kentwan Balmer - Is he even still on the team in any form?

-Jordan Black - He should be replaced by someone, either Compton or a FA or a draft pick

-Golston - he's a serious liability in run coverage, in 2013 Carriker should be back, Jenkins should take his spot, and hopefully we add a mid round draft pick to replace him

-Grant - this is a given, he's here because of injuries

-Cedric Griffin - he's just not a good corner, hopefully we add someone and Crawford and Minnifield push him out

-Justin Snow - filling in for the injured Sundberg

-Madieu Williams - we should be either adding a FA, drafting a guy, moving DHall, or a combination of those things. Either way, he should be gone.

-Brandon Banks - He's just not useful enough for a roster spot. Once Helu is back he won't be used out of the backfield, and he isn't WR material. We have other guys who can PR/KR.

Cundiff is most likely gone. It's debatable whether he lost us the game. A missed field goal gives decent field position and takes the wind out the sails.

The more important thing we have to consider is Cundiff missing field goals from short distances. T6at can't happen and that's why we'll most likely see him leaving by Tuesday morning.

I was close.

Archived