Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-13 NHL and Other Hockey Thread [2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs]

Sticksboi05

Season is a wrap...and frankly, I don't see how both sides are going to come to a resolution anytime soon.

Owners giving out these huge contracts until the 11th hour before the CBA expired, with ZERO intentions of paying what they owe. It's a damn mess. I'm on the players side for this one.

This sucks. I'm especially sorry for a lot of you guys who have no alternatives to watch hockey.

a) Players need to get a grip and accept 50-50 revenue split.

B) Owners have to commit to paying off current contracts in their full signed amount period.

c) This won't get done anytime soon. And Donald Fehr is a piece of **** who will now submarine a season in two professional sports.

This sucks. I'm especially sorry for a lot of you guys who have no alternatives to watch hockey.

a) Players need to get a grip and accept 50-50 revenue split.

B) Owners have to commit to paying off current contracts in their full signed amount period.

c) This won't get done anytime soon. And Donald Fehr is a piece of **** who will now submarine a season in two professional sports.

A 50/50 split would be the lowest of any major sport.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update for those of you who haven't been following talks...

They've been meeting for the last two weeks or so.

They have big disagreements over "Make-whole", delinkage and player contracts.

50-50 is going to happen eventually. Basically agreed upon.

Fehr (from the PA) is really the devil in all of this. All rhetoric. Showed up six hours late to a meeting this week.

Interesting comment by Jagr saying he really expects the season to start soon.

Blame the players if the season doesn't happen. The NHL has to make money in order to survive. Many teams are losing money. Players are making enough. Greedy ****s.

They're at least talking instead of staying silent, although it looks like there was some heated discussion Friday night regarding contracts

I just want this to be over with so we can get real hockey back on the ice again

Again I cannot stand watching NCAA hockey as I have no affiliation with any team and I have no interest

I just want to watch NHL hockey okay

Blame the players if the season doesn't happen. The NHL has to make money in order to survive. Many teams are losing money. Players are making enough. Greedy ****s.

How come these negotiations always need to have a "greedy" side? The whole point of negotiating is to get the best deal you can for yourself. That's how these things work.

On a cool note, I work with Rod Langway's sister right now. Gonna ask if I can possibly get an autograph. I also met Jim Haslett's niece this weekend.

And ix, how long have you even cared about the Capitals to be talking about"real hockey"? I consider the Q, WHL, OHL, SEL, NCAA, KHL etc. to be "real hockey". Just like MLS is real soccer. It may not be as fun to watch but it's "real". I guess Nicklas Backstrom didn't play real hockey until he 2007. Whatever that means.

For the record, I enjoy watching the NHL 10x more than any other hockey, at least 10x as much so I am f-ing furious like everyone else that the greedy players don't understand the league has to profit and the owners signed contracts for the purpose of using a new CBA to not own up to them.

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 06:31 PM ----------

How come these negotiations always need to have a "greedy" side? The whole point of negotiating is to get the best deal you can for yourself. That's how these things work.

I mean, they are being greedy.

I watched the movie Goon today... great movie. That's the closest that ill get to watching professional hockey this season.

Also, somebody on my hockey team told me that the province of Quebec has some sort of law that says they don't recognize the work stoppage so Montreal still has to pay its players during the lock out. I found it funny.

On a cool note, I work with Rod Langway's sister right now. Gonna ask if I can possibly get an autograph. I also met Jim Haslett's niece this weekend.

And ix, how long have you even cared about the Capitals to be talking about"real hockey"? I consider the Q, WHL, OHL, SEL, NCAA, KHL etc. to be "real hockey". Just like MLS is real soccer. It may not be as fun to watch but it's "real". I guess Nicklas Backstrom didn't play real hockey until he 2007. Whatever that means.

For the record, I enjoy watching the NHL 10x more than any other hockey, at least 10x as much so I am f-ing furious like everyone else that the greedy players don't understand the league has to profit and the owners signed contracts for the purpose of using a new CBA to not own up to them.

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 06:31 PM ----------

I mean, they are being greedy.

I've personally just been watching all the classic hockey on NHL Network.

They showed Fedorov's 5 goal game against the Caps the other day

Sergei is my favorite player along with Bondra...so I guess it's classic to me (granted the Caps lost)

They were showing game 6 of the 1999 SCF when Hull scored in the crease when I left

No, no I misread and thought you typed Fed's Game 7 goal I was like that was only three years ago, lol. No his 5 goal game is back in the day now.

No, no I misread and thought you typed Fed's Game 7 goal I was like that was only three years ago, lol. No his 5 goal game is back in the day now.

oh yeah...it's cool.

I sat and looked at the Caps' roster today and I had forgotten about Ribeiro. I'm going to be pissed if I go a whole year without seeing him and Hendricks in a shootout. (He's a pretty good forward as well lol)

Its probably over already. But tune to NBC Sports Network tonight to at least see pucks and sticks and goalies. This lockout is an embarrassment.

Embarrassment all around. From the players to the owners.

Put it this way...if there is a resolution to the fiscal cliff before these turds can't come to an agreement to salvage the NHL season, it will go to show that both sides weren't really serious about playing anyways.

Archived