Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-13 NHL and Other Hockey Thread [2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs]

Sticksboi05

Well, this realignment plan was approved by the NHLPA. They're waiting on the Board of Governors to approve it and it will come into play next season:

I: Carolina, Columbus, New Jersey, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington

II: Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, Florida, Montreal, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Toronto

III: Chicago, Colorado, Dallas, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis, Winnipeg

IV: Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver

I hope they at least come up with something better for the new division names then I, II, III and IV. How boring. Like Sticks said, I'd love for the Patrick, Adams, Norris and Smythe division names to come back. New fans will learn the divisions, just like I had to when I was ELEVEN. I mean, if an 11 year old can learn it, why not a 40 year old? If you can't/won't learn them, then you are just like the rest of America. Lazy. Lazy and stupid and I wouldn't want fans that can't learn the division names. FOUR names. Seriously, you can't learn that?

• 3 weeks later...

So I know this is an NHL thread but I just want to say I am currently loving the end of the AHL season in the Eastern conference. 4 teams(including my hometown Binghamton Senators) all tied at the top of the conference with 87 points.

Here's hoping they pick up a couple victories against Syracuse this weekend.

Just realizing I was super spoiled by the month of March because the Bsens had home games almost every Fri and Sat. Now they don't have another home game till April 12th and it feels like forever away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As a Red Wings fan, I HATE the fact that they're moving East. I will miss all the rivalries.

As a 35 year olf with a real job and responsibilities, I will not complain when all their playoff games start at a normal hour next year!

Hell of a game last night. If the Ducks had 3 more minutes in the third period, they would have finished the comeback off. That overtime intermission (and the power play) both played a huge role in that win.....

Archived