Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-13 NHL and Other Hockey Thread [2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs]

Sticksboi05

I don't know about some of you, but I'm damn sick and tired of the Red Wings. I'm rooting for the Blackhawks, Sharks and Senators in the 2nd round. Depending on the outcome of the Capitals-Rangers and Maple Leafs-Bruins series will depend on who I root for. Of course the Caps will be my first team to root for, but if we lose tonight, it will depend.

As a fan of them, I am definitely not tired of the Red Wings!

They showed a lot of heart, coming back not only to force a game seven, but then to win it. As a realist, I dont see them beating Chicago, but as a fan I have already figured out plenty of scenarios to knock them off!

Verizon Fios is showing Game 7 ( NBCsp. ch 590) on the "Guide".

Just double checking that this is an error. Game 7 is tomorrow night, correct?

thanks. Hail!

edit:

im confused.. its listed, however, something else is showing instead.

Hurtful loss last night for the Sharks, compounded even more so by the blown delay of game call that put them on the pk against a 5 on 3 with less than 3 minutes to play.

If the NHL can quickly review goals, why can't then review delay of game penalties? It would only take a few seconds, you know. And they (delay of games) aren't subjective in nature. They either are deflected off of something or they aren't....

---------- Post added May-17th-2013 at 07:19 AM ----------

BTW - one more thing. The Torres suspension is bs. There have been a handful of hits worse than that legal hit that haven't resulted in any discipline in these playoffs.

Rooting for the Blackhawks and Sharks in the west. Tired of the Red Wings (Yankees of the NHL) and sick of all the fake LA fans that never supported the team until last year.

Rather the Bruins and Pens win, but not openly rooting for either. If Tortorella wasn't the Rangers coach, I'd probably want the Rangers to win because Boston has won enough titles in that city the last 10 years (3 SBs, 1 NHL, 1 NBA and 2 WS). I know, I know, blasphemous for me as a Capitals fan to root for the Pens. But the way I see it, maybe Sidney winning another cup will motivate Ovie and the Caps to finally get off their asses and make a run for at least one.

• 2 weeks later...
David Poworski, @broduer669, was all over the cover vote. But it wasn't smooth sailing. Counting down, the six saddest things about Poworski's one-man push to get Martin Brodeur on the cover of a video game.

6. He created his Twitter account solely to vote for Brodeur.

5. His very first tweet was to Brodeur, asking him how to vote.

4. That tweet was sent to a fake Martin Brodeur account.

3. He voted for Brodeur 248 times, one right after the other, for more than two hours.

2. He sequentially numbered each tweet.

1. Each and every tweet spelled "Broduer" wrong, meaning not a single one of his votes counted.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't believe none of our resident Puckheads had anything to add to the Stanley Cup finals.  Glad Chicago won.  They deserved it. President's trophy and best team all year long.  Take note Capitals, that's how you finish off a President's Trophy year.  Would have hated if Boston got another title. 

Archived