Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hero #2...Billy Cundiff

Bigmuss1

Larry Michael on Sport Talk 980 endorsed Cundiff. I think he is off his rocker! I know a lot of folks are enamored with Danny Smith but as long as he has been here our kicking situation have been embarrassing. I don't know what in the hell they are looking at? Gano was average even with the miscues and blocks. 31 yard field goals should not make a pro NFL kicker cave under pressure. Maybe we should stick with Cundiff but every Monday kickers better be coming through Redskins Park to test the mettle of Cundiff.

I think we gotta stick with him and let him bounce back. I still have confidence that Cundiff can deliver for us. Another 3 miss game though and our old buddy Gano should be getting a phone call.

Please. I really don't want to sit though another 3 miss game. Let's just cut ties right now with Cundiff. Dude just don't have it anymore and we don't need to see him blow a game to figure that out.

He was LUCKY that last kick went in. That ball had some major drift on it.

billy cundiff a hero????????

He is a hero like the arsonist who starts a fire so he can rescue someone.

---------- Post added October-1st-2012 at 11:25 AM ----------

He made the kick that mattered. 2-2

Gano = our record 1-3

That's a crazy assumption considering last year with Gano we were 3-1 at this point and that's with grossman a QB. Don't forget Gano hit a 59 yard FG for us last year, cundiff never has and I would be willing to bet never will even come close.

PEOPLE, this thread was posted after the first game...someone bumped it,.....they shouldnt have..we all know he was no "HERO" in yesterdays game

---------- Post added October-1st-2012 at 11:38 AM ----------

LOL I thought you guys would like that. Hey I didn't want to start another thread.

You should have, different game

Larry Michael on Sport Talk 980 endorsed Cundiff. I think he is off his rocker! I know a lot of folks are enamored with Danny Smith but as long as he has been here our kicking situation have been embarrassing. I don't know what in the hell they are looking at? Gano was average even with the miscues and blocks. 31 yard field goals should not make a pro NFL kicker cave under pressure. Maybe we should stick with Cundiff but every Monday kickers better be coming through Redskins Park to test the mettle of Cundiff.

Larry Michael endorsed John Beck.I have never in my life seen someone toe/tow the company line like he does.

The San Diego Chargers signed Nick Novak over Graham Gano last week. However, Norval Turner is the head coach so every roster move San Diego makes should be taken with a grain of salt.

Yes, but Novak was their kicker last season, and was cut by them during pre-season....so there is some comfort level there with Norv already. Would be like us bringing back Gano to replace Cundiff IF Cindiff has another miserable game.

I can't help but think that Cundiff would still be waiting for his phone to ring IF we had not have signed him.....just like Gano and Rackers....

billy cundiff a hero????????

He is a hero like the arsonist who starts a fire so he can rescue someone.

---------- Post added October-1st-2012 at 11:25 AM ----------

That's a crazy assumption considering last year with Gano we were 3-1 at this point and that's with grossman a QB. Don't forget Gano hit a 59 yard FG for us last year, cundiff never has and I would be willing to bet never will even come close.

Exactly!! BC has no pressure on his kicks with RGIII putting up 30 points a gm. Gano was are points every kick he kicked was like a gm winning kick with our team in the past. If Gano had RGIII as the qb he would probably be at 100% right now. BC has'nt had any pressure kicks? Well,yes the last kick out of the 4 was pressure but it was a touch and a prayer that that went in. That was not a confident kick by Cundiff. I can't wait for Cundiff to do this against Dallas go 0-4 in fg's. Get Gano Back Now

What's crazy is I was just reading that the Rams drafted a kicker in the 6th round and he hasn't missed a FG yet. Peter King (I know, I know) said he was the rookie of the year so far.

I'm good with investing a late rounder on a kicker next year. **** it.

Peter King is a moron. RG3 is rookie of the year so far.

What's crazy is I was just reading that the Rams drafted a kicker in the 6th round and he hasn't missed a FG yet. Peter King (I know, I know) said he was the rookie of the year so far.

I'm good with investing a late rounder on a kicker next year. **** it.

Or we can just resign our 86% accurate young kicker who has one of the best legs in the NFL and develop him, and make sure the blockers don't get pushed 5 yards into the backfield.

I think we gotta stick with him and let him bounce back. I still have confidence that Cundiff can deliver for us. Another 3 miss game though and our old buddy Gano should be getting a phone call.

He doesn't even have confidence in himself. Seriously, look at his face ANYTIME they show him before he comes out to kick. The guy looks scared to death. That's one thing that annoys me about him.

I was screaming at the top of my lungs a few years ago for us to draft Mason Crosby. He was the best kicker I've ever seen coming out of college at Colorado. I also like the kid from Georgia who had a pretty big leg, Brandon Cuttu, but Seattle signed him. Not sure where he's at now.

Archived