Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hero #2...Billy Cundiff

Bigmuss1

Gano is objectively a better kicker. Take away the blocks (all inside 40) and the stupid directional kicking and you have a guy who is near perfect insode 48 who gets touchbacks at an insane rate and can threaten a 60+ yard kick depending on conditions.

Well, anyone is a great kicker if you "take away" all the bad kicks. :ols:

Gano's kicks kept getting blocked. Folks tried to blame the o-line, but neither Rackers or Cundiff had any blocked. He kicks these low, line-drivers sometimes that are easy for DLs to bat down.

Having said that, if the Redskins bring in competition for Cundiff tomorrow or release him outright, I won't be upset.

I just want Cundiff gone there was no reason to pick him up when we got better (can't believe I'm gonna say this) value out of Gano. Everyone knows what Cundiff is and we picked him up anyway, cut him him as soon as you get off the plane and bring in someone else had he made all those misses the game is never put in jeopardy

I just want Cundiff gone there was no reason to pick him up when we got better (can't believe I'm gonna say this) value out of Gano. Everyone knows what Cundiff is and we picked him up anyway, cut him him as soon as you get off the plane and bring in someone else had he made all those misses the game is never put in jeopardy

this game would have been boring if not for cundiff.

cundiff will never ever ever ever ever ever make a 57 yarder. lining him up for that is pointless. i called it short before the kick.

i wanted to keep gano. it's not like cundiff is money on the short ones! and at least gano has the leg to give us a chance on the long ones, unlike cundiff.

terrible decision. gano os younger, stronger, and at LEAST as accurate. reeks of danny smith.

41 and 31 yarders should be automatic. I don't even care about near 60 yard misses. Those attempts are just icing if they go through but if they're missed I simply don't hold them against the kicker. But there is no excuse for not being 3-4 in this game, 2-4 at a minimum and I would still not be happy with it. Tampa Bay had no business being in this game just like we should have done to the Rams. We finally have a QB but somehow, someway we find a way to continue to play Redskins football and let teams stay right there so that it's always a nail biter at the end. It is indescribably frustrating and painful.

Yes very disappointing, all I could do is shake my head. This game had no reason to be this close. The guy almost missed the game winner too. Geez!

As someone who defended the Cundiff signing, I'm here to say that I was wrong. The guy has to go if he can't hit the net on a 41-yarder and misses the 31-yarder. I would take Rackers or Gano right now. I apologize for defending the decision. No offense to Cundiff, but he looked like he was terrified that he would need to win the game.

I really don't care that he got the game winner, he should be cut. He absolutely destroyed our momentum, and if he makes that 30 yarder, we breath easy for a quarter. Going 1/4 is thoroughly unacceptable, especially considering this guy's lack of range.

Well....one thing that I have seen happen on this, and other, boards after a game is some over-reaction. I am not a Cundiff supporter, but for reasons known to the coaching staff, he is our kicker. And.....to be fair....his average for kicks under 50 yards (prior to today) is 83%. However, his average over 50 is 27%. Gano had a lower average under 50 at 77%...but higher over 50 at 44%. With Gano being 7 years younger than Cundiff, and with Gano having a stronger leg, and with his improvement in accuracy each season.....and after beating out Rackers who is more accurate than either Gano or Cundiff......just suprised me that Cundiff was signed at all.

But, at the after game presser, Shanny said while he was happy that Cundiff stepped up to the plate and performed.......he did mention that kickers do not stick around long when they miss (words to that effect). Just a heads up from the coach......

Okay....here's a story about Cundiff...I travel a lot. Thursday night I'm stuck in the Charlotte airport for a couple of hours and go to one of my favorite seafood restaurants. As I'm sitting there watching the Ravens game, a guy sits down next to me and we start to chat. He's wearing an ESPN shirt so I ask him if he works there. Yep, been there for a couple of years. He's a young kid working at ESPN. Anyway, we start talking about Skins kickers and I mention Cundiff. This is what he said: "Parcels told us he was the worst kicker he's ever seen. They would pump music & noise in during practice and try late minute kicks and he would miss every single kick. He couldn't even hit the kicks in practice. Parcels said he never had confidence in him in real games."

Not a good day for Cundiff. He barely made the game winner, but missed some kicks. I think it has been pretty well documented that his leg is not strong enough for 50+ kicks, yet the coaches keep trotting him out there for these long ones. He did not look comfortable on the sidelines and his kicked were just off today. Hid kickoffs were deep, but his inconsistency today will cause both fans and coaches to consider a kicker with a stronger keg.if we continue to attempt 55+ yarders

Archived