Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hero #2...Billy Cundiff

Bigmuss1

I see Shanny working with Danny Smith to figure out if this is a hitch in Cundiff's fundamentals or if something else. If something else, I wouldn't be surprised seeing Rackers or Gano in for a tryout this week. Cundiff has enough leg, but this game was won by less than a yard.Too close when the team put such effort to get him close.

On a side note, blaming last year's blocks on Gano is like blaming Rocco's blocks this year on him. That goes entirely on the guys up front, not the height of the kicks.

Genius Parcells also predicted Chris Cooley was a weakling who would never have an NFL career. **** Bill Parcells.

I've never seen such ****ing and complaining about a kicker who, ultimately, kicked the game winner, in all my lfie. Facebook is gushing over with Cundiff hate. Forget that Cundiff was, short a beyond stupid 62 yard call, perfect heading into today. Oh - and nevermind the fact that he's an automatic touchback on kickoffs.

He had a bad day - and still managed to kick the game winner. I hope all of our worst days are that good.

Fans suck.

I agree he had a very strong leg, but I can't remember his name. He is not on the bucs roster.

They released him, of course. Their current kicker is a beast. I went over to one of their forums and his name is Kai Forbath. The words they used to describe him during the offseason were, "lights out."

I was mad when we cut Gano, but after seeing Cundiff yesterday, I now understand. Kickoffs, and FG were money. Shoot, he even made a nice tackle on one of the returns.:applause:

I am not going to take back what I said, but I will say that today he was off and I hope he can learn from this. At least he made the kick when it counted. That is something Gano couldn't do....

They released him, of course. Their current kicker is a beast. I went over to one of their forums and his name is Kai Forbath. The words they used to describe him during the offseason were, "lights out."

Thanks, and he is currently available. Something has to be done!

Call it a hunch. The way Shanny unceremoniously dispatched Gano makes me believe he'd not bring him in.

It wouldn't surprise me either way. Was just curious why you said Rackers when Gano was technically the winner of that competition. Imo it would definitely be more "awkward" bringing back Gano than Rackers but in all fairness I would still feel it's more likely not going through the uprights than it is regardless of who are kicker is. Not sure I've ever not had that feeling.

Well, anyone is a great kicker if you "take away" all the bad kicks. :ols:

Gano's kicks kept getting blocked. Folks tried to blame the o-line, but neither Rackers or Cundiff had any blocked. He kicks these low, line-drivers sometimes that are easy for DLs to bat down.

Having said that, if the Redskins bring in competition for Cundiff tomorrow or release him outright, I won't be upset.

The kicks that were blocked are the one where our player let the defender go past them - you know like someone was sleeping at the job or missing their assigment. Not sure how you can blame a blocked kick on Gano or any other kicker if that happens.

Perception? He was pretty bad his first year, and the NFL tends to be really bad at evaluating kickers. Cundiff, for example, has gotten chances with 5 teams, despite being a rather bad kicker for Dallas, despite never breaking the 80% mark until 2010 with Baltimore. Meanwhile, Neil Rackers has been above 90% 3 times since 2005 and was at 84% with Houston and hasn't gotten a look. Guys like Nick Folk and Prater keep getting chances too.

Teams would rather sign a mediocre veteran kicker than develop a young kicker, though that seems to be changing.

I'm not a Gano fan either, Cundiff struggled today, I'll say he was 1/3 that 62 yarder cmon now whose making that. The 31 yarder was unacceptable but you take the win, I've seen skins games with say Chip Lohnmiller who made kicks during a game and missed the clutch ones so take what you get.

I want to see this team pick up Nick Novak when he's released from SD, he was resigned after Kaeding got hurt during practice this week. He's been reborn in SD since his time in Washington and he'd be a PERFECT FIT. Look at his stats last season.

What I can't figure out is why a guy who has such a supposed strong leg and was brought in for booming kickoffs and his great touchback percentage seems to have such a short FG range. The 57 yarder didn't look close. Would some good coaching increase his FG length and accuracy?

I find it hard to believe that with all the guys that graduate from college each year that there aren't enough around that we can find someone who is consistent. Crazy.

Yes, he's still unemoyed. But there's a reason.

And the reasons would be that we cut him after every other team had already had their kicker competition......kind of like we did....and had their kickers in place. Gano has been an average kicker with potential.....but no other team was going to roll those dice after pre season. Heck, rackers is still unemployed and his fg pct is better than cundiff or gano.

Cundiff has some positives such as kick-off's resulting in touchbacks......and while everyone is entitled to a bad game.....dont think cundiff can afford to many more 1 for 4 games and remain a Redskin.

Archived