Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Injury Updates (merged--MET)

KevinthePRF

Sorry if I missed this, but are there any updates on how Jamaal is doing? I walked back thru a few pages on here but didn't see an update.

Assuming they haven't made a decision on him for the rest of the year, when is day #21?

Thanks.

He had a setback his first day back if I remember correctly. I'm assuming on day #21 they'll be placing him on IR.

I wonder how healthy Garcon is. Is he 100% healed, Or less than completely healed, and just playing through it.

But man fans, that TD catch of his was one of the better catches I have seen in recent memory. He basically did a 360 to catch the ball at near full speed. The guy is a flat out stud that seems to have little problem with off target throws.

Thought I read (or heard) somewhere that Garcon's injury is such that his availability is dependant on what type of turf he plays on, and that he has a hard time with the turf at the facility, and the turf at FedEx. Anyone got a link? Seems like that would hurt our chances if he can't get out there and provide even a minimal impact at home

I was worried that their was friction between coach and Pierre concerning the injury ... this kind of puts that to rest.

Shanahan said he knew what Garcon was capable of after a four-catch, 109-yard performance in the opener at New Orleans and was "really proud" of the way he's handled himself with the injury.

Thought I read (or heard) somewhere that Garcon's injury is such that his availability is dependant on what type of turf he plays on, and that he has a hard time with the turf at the facility, and the turf at FedEx. Anyone got a link? Seems like that would hurt our chances if he can't get out there and provide even a minimal impact at home

There was speculation from some writers about that before the Cowboys game given they play on turf and I think Shanny said they would watch for that in warm ups. Given how played in Dallas and that there apparently has been no reaction it looks like he should be fine the rest of he way though less than 100 per cent.

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

ESPN 980 has learned that Keenan Robinson had his MRI, and is out for the year (chest). It is not exactly clear right now if full or partial

Oh damn it. I thought he was looking pretty good and starting to develop. That sucks. Another see ya next year, wow.

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Mike Shanahan: London Fletcher's ankle is "quite sore" and Trent Williams has a deep thigh bruise. #Redskins

Trent Williams said he bruised his thigh on the third play of the game in Dallas. Said he played at 60% health for the rest of the game.

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo

Trent didn't practice today. Nor did London fletcher - ankle.

Mike Shanahan: London Fletcher's ankle is "quite sore" and Trent Williams has a deep thigh bruise. #Redskins

Trent Williams said he bruised his thigh on the third play of the game in Dallas. Said he played at 60% health for the rest of the game.

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo

Trent didn't practice today. Nor did London fletcher - ankle.

damn ...that's a tough mother. Imagine having to go up against a beast like Ware with a thigh bruise ... crazy. good job trent.

I saw somewhere on ES somebody said he had a his worst game of the year against Dallas ...its that true? maybe this is why.

as for London ... he's London.

damn ...that's a tough mother. Imagine having to go up against a beast like Ware with a thigh bruise ... crazy. good job trent.

I saw somewhere on ES somebody said he had a his worst game of the year against Dallas ...its that true? maybe this is why.

as for London ... he's London.

I did notice Trent having a little bit of a tough time against Ware, though the bigger problem was they constantly brought multiple people from the left and Trent couldn't stop both of them. If he had a thigh bruise, that explains his struggle a little bit.

I wonder if Trent needs to lose a little weight. He might be carrying a bit too much, and from recent pictures it looks like he could lose 25 lbs easily while. Not losing any strength

He came in really lite last year and it didn't pay off (remember all of the boxing and other crap he did during the offseason). I was actually excited that he had gained a little weight this year, it's certainly hasn't hurt his play thus far. But, in order to compensate for the injury you may be right.

He came in really lite last year and it didn't pay off (remember all of the boxing and other crap he did during the offseason). I was actually excited that he had gained a little weight this year, it's certainly hasn't hurt his play thus far. But, in order to compensate for the injury you may be right.

He has been playing great... A pro bowl season IMO.

But I think it's more to do with technique and preparation, but who knows maybe he is better due to his increased weight

He has been playing great... A pro bowl season IMO.

But I think it's more to do with technique and preparation, but who knows maybe he is better due to his increased weight

I'll agree against teams like the Giants, the liter, the better. But to deal with the more powerful teams out there he needs a little more size. He does look like he put on a good 15-20lbs this offseason though... you are definitely right about that. As a lifter, you know that this is something that can assist in his recovery at his young age right now. Eating lite right now and working through that stuff just isn't good for the big man's moral lol.

Archived