• Under 30 - Hope Dworaczyk
    • Under 30 - Kate Upton
    • Network TV - Julie Bowen
    • Network TV - Sophia Bush
    • Olympic Athlete - Romy Tarangul
    • Olympic Athlete - Christina Vukicevic
    • Classic - Elizabeth Hurley
    • Classic - Kathy Ireland

“I was on a play fake and [Moala] came off the O-lineman and he was free and I hit him right in the mouth,” Morris said. “I bent him back and he was like, ‘Yeah, you better help your O-linemen out.’ I was like, ‘Yeah, you’d better get your back checked.’

Priceless

So who's ya' favorite to start? Morris or Royster? (Or maybe even THT if he proves his fitness.).

I still think Royster has the edge if healthy, but Morris is making one Hell of a case. But regardless, I hope we get a MASSIVE dose of both in NO's personally and go REAL run heavy to keep Brees off the field in that place.

Hail.

Tough call, I think Shanny really likes this kid. He and Royster are essentially built in the same mold. The think about THT is he has the best pass blocking skill. I think Royster has the edge w/ a seasons experience but Morris could take over provided he stays healthy. THT isn't a complete after thought but keeps his value. I also believe should our starting 5 OL make it on opening day. We could kill them w/ the run. They just switched to a new D. They've been gashed by every team that can run in preseason. We all know how the D struggles when you change it.

He reminds me of a POOR Mans Emmit Smith:

Good vision (Sees the hole)

A quick burst

Cuts back and leans forward.

Though Slower, seems to be tougher than emmit , doesn't mind getting hit.

Dude. You can't question Emmitt Smith's toughness. That's absurd.

I like this kid (on a side note, am I allowed to call NFL rookies "kid" if they're older than me? I also called Campbell "the kid from Auburn" for like 2 years after we picked him up, and I was about 15 when that happened). Of course, I liked Royster, and Helu too. I think all of them have the skills to play in the NFL. Whether it's at the level of a starter or just backup/specific role RB is another question entirely.

I'm going to guess Shanahan is going to let THT be the featured back week 1, and then start rotating them week to week, see who plays effectively and who doesn't, and maybe switch them based on defenses.

And he'll probably do that every week from now until he finds the next Terrell Davis.

Dude. You can't question Emmitt Smith's toughness. That's absurd.

HAHA yeah.. I am as die hard Redskins fans as you will find but no way you can question that dude's toughness...

Now Emmitt was great at having that little shake/wiggle or whatever you want to call it at right before contact but that really enabled him avoid getting unloaded on and also got him yards after contact...

He was one tough BUT smart RB...

I loved what Morris showed against Indy. My only critique would be a cutback lane that he missed late in the first quarter. It was a run to the left, and there was a huge cutback lane to the right. There was nobody in the area except the safety coming up in run support, and you gotta expect a RB to win that 1-on-1 everytime.

Other than that, loved the way he played.

I know Im in the minority as being one who loves the preseason, and its because I like seeing what these young, late round picks can contribute. I liked what I saw out of Morris up until the Colts game. But after seeing him as the featured back, Im super excited to see more out of him.

Im hoping what we saw of Morris vs the Colts was a small sample of what we can expect from him on a consistent basis. Hard runner with quick bursts who's not gonna be taken down by arm tackles. Add some excellent blocks to that and you have a complete back. That type of player could be the best thing for the quick development of RG3. And if we can shore up the o-line the next two offseasons, this offense could be downright scary.

Picked up Morris in my fantasy league to serve as a backup. He'd be 4th behind McCoy, Murray, and McFadden, (I drafted RBs early and often, rounds 1-3), and would be replacing Blount. The earliest I would need him would be week 5, when Murray and McFadden are both on byes (as is Blount...I sort of stopped paying attention for about 5 minutes during the draft). I figure there's a decent chance Hightower stumbles sometime in weeks 1-4 paving the way for someone else, and the way Morris played; great blocking, amazing vision, one-cut and gone, just like Shanahan likes, I'd give him a very good chance of stepping into the starter spot.

And if he gets the starter spot, I expect him to at least do decently, due to Williams finally looking like a beast. If Polumbus holds up, even better, the ZBS will pave running lanes all day. And finally, his power might allow him to steal goal line runs periodically.

As a 4th RB, I could do a lot worse. Like Blount...

Nope :)

Still gonna do it.

So what are the chances Morris Starts vs. Saints? I really have no clue whos going to start, it could even be Helu, but I am thinking it's either Morris or Royster.

Normally for the first game I'd say if Royster or Helu are healthy then they both start over a rookie, however the Saints weren't a great pass rushing team last year so it might be an idea to start Morris and see how he does at blocking. In 2012 we play against all of the top 5 teams in sacks (from last season), which is kind of worrying.

HAHA yeah.. I am as die hard Redskins fans as you will find but no way you can question that dude's toughness...

Now Emmitt was great at having that little shake/wiggle or whatever you want to call it at right before contact but that really enabled him avoid getting unloaded on and also got him yards after contact...

He was one tough BUT smart RB...

That how you get the rushing yard record, gotta minimize hits to extend your career. I think royster has that shake that helps him minimize the hits to his body.

I like this kid (on a side note, am I allowed to call NFL rookies "kid" if they're older than me? I also called Campbell "the kid from Auburn" for like 2 years after we picked him up, and I was about 15 when that happened).
Dude, I don't even call guys that I'm older than (by 2-3 years, like RGlll) kid. :ols:

Dude, I don't even call guys that I'm older than (by 2-3 years, like RGlll) kid. :ols:

It might have something to do with me being an angry old man at heart.

Like I'd be yelling at kids about lawns and such, but I don't have a lawn for my apartment.

Anyways, I feel like Morris is going to get his chance sometime this year, and will make a great deal out of it. Him and Leshoure are my early picks for deep sleeper RBs of the year.

Archived