• Under 30 - Hope Dworaczyk
    • Under 30 - Kate Upton
    • Network TV - Julie Bowen
    • Network TV - Sophia Bush
    • Olympic Athlete - Romy Tarangul
    • Olympic Athlete - Christina Vukicevic
    • Classic - Elizabeth Hurley
    • Classic - Kathy Ireland

http://washingtonexaminer.com/redskins-rb-morris-i-know-im-able-to-be-a-starter/article/2505917#.UDpGOIHiGq2f

Also in Bubba's Breaking News Forum (welcome back, Hap!!)

The 107 yards on 14 carries pleased him. The blocks he made left him ecstatic. When it comes to evaluating Alfred Morris’ nights, those blocks might matter more. It represents progress –and something he must do more of if he wants to start under Mike Shanahan.

Morris, a good pass protector in college, had been inconsistent in this area since camp opened. In the second preseason game Morris missed a blitz pickup that led to Robert Griffin III’s sack/fumble.

Against the Colts, Morris was better.

“No mental errors, I picked up all my blitzes,” he said.

Two blocks stood out, one on a defensive linemen and another on a blitz. First, the blitz. Morris said the Colts sent two linebackers, who crossed and went through the respective gaps between the center and guards.

“I was able to recognize it and stone the backer in the hole and Robert was able to make a good throw,” he said.

The other time led to a witty exchange with Colts’ defensive tackle Fili Moala.

“I was on a play fake and [Moala] came off the O-lineman and he was free and I hit him right in the mouth,” Morris said. “I bent him back and he was like, ‘Yeah, you better help your O-linemen out.’ I was like, ‘Yeah, you’d better get your back checked.’

Kid has the right attitude & game. What a nice diamond to find. Great job Bruce. HTTR!

Rather great job to Shanny, something tells me that Shanahan and a select few scouts are the ones responsible for the running prospects. Either way great job to this organization, the quality of the drafts of this hierarchy has really been exciting.

Rather great job to Shanny, something tells me that Shanahan and a select few scouts are the ones responsible for the running prospects. Either way great job to this organization, the quality of the drafts of this hierarchy has really been exciting.

He was another one of those kids that Shanahan coached in the Senior Bowl so scouting played a lesser role in his aquisition. Apparantly, he almost didn't make it onto the squad but, how lucky for him to get to work with Shanahan before the draft. He's certainly the feel-good story of this camp and that quote is a gem.

Sore knees belonging to Hightower and Royster are going to determine how huch playing time Alfred gets in the early going but it's safe to say this guy is ready to do a credible job filling in.

So who's ya' favorite to start? Morris or Royster? (Or maybe even THT if he proves his fitness.).

I still think Royster has the edge if healthy, but Morris is making one Hell of a case. But regardless, I hope we get a MASSIVE dose of both in NO's personally and go REAL run heavy to keep Brees off the field in that place.

Hail.

I am confused. I really don't want to like Morris because he just isn't supposed to be that good. - But he is. And I am impressed after the last game. Which makes me more confused as a spectator/fan. Seems the 'skins RB's are all good so who do they cut? They can't keep them all can they? Are these RB's really that good, or is it the blocking? I sure am glad I'm not the coach because I am clueless right now. I like them all. I wish we could keep them all. HTTR

Most likely Shanahan/Bobby Turner. He was a late add at the Senior Bowl.

So who's ya' favorite to start? Morris or Royster? (Or maybe even THT if he proves his fitness.).

I still think Royster has the edge if healthy, but Morris is making one Hell of a case. But regardless, I hope we get a MASSIVE dose of both in NO's personally and go REAL run heavy to keep Brees off the field in that place.

Hail.

Barring a set-back with Hightowers knee, I think he starts however it may be little more than symbolic. I think Shanahan will sub him early and often to try and ease him back in. From there he will go with the hot hand and that definately belongs to Morris right now.

Alfred Morris is the real deal! I am confident that he will make it to the final 53! I also like Tristan Davis ... It seems we have found a couple of good diamonds in the rough.

Morris gets positive yards, and is a power runner. Davis is the lightning bolt. If I were Hightower, Helu and Royster ... I would be worried. Really worried.

No reason why he shouldn't make the roster.

I certainly assume so.

If not, then we spent a 6th round pick, and an off season, training somebody else's RB.

If we cut him, somebody else picks him up, after his performance.

(Which isn't necessarily a disaster for us. I mean, 6th round draft picks get cut all the time. But, still, . . . )

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 04:44 PM ----------

Alfred Morris is the real deal! I am confident that he will make it to the final 53! I also like Tristan Davis ... It seems we have found a couple of good diamonds in the rough.

Morris gets positive yards, and is a power runner. Davis is the lightning bolt. If I were Hightower, Helu and Royster ... I would be worried. Really worried.

Yeah, I do get the impression, with Shanny, that when he's grading RB's, he puts a big value on youth. If he thinks these people are kind of close to the vet, he'll take the young guy.

Morris, is playing with authority, his really putting in a strong effort up the middle breaking tackles, pushing his way through. Im really liking this guy more and more

He reminds me of a POOR Mans Emmit Smith:

Good vision (Sees the hole)

A quick burst

Cuts back and leans forward.

Though Slower, seems to be tougher than emmit , doesn't mind getting hit.

Archived