• Under 30 - Hope Dworaczyk
    • Under 30 - Kate Upton
    • Network TV - Julie Bowen
    • Network TV - Sophia Bush
    • Olympic Athlete - Romy Tarangul
    • Olympic Athlete - Christina Vukicevic
    • Classic - Elizabeth Hurley
    • Classic - Kathy Ireland

Will people call him Alf or will we actually have 2/11 starters named Fred. That don't seem right.

I like, "The Butler"

I think all three backs will be in rotation, and if one gets hot they will stay in. I'm not sure the "starter" will matter much. They will rotate series and/or long drives.

I got both Helu and Morris on my 2012 FF, Should I play either one of them given the current status stating that Royster is the starter. Maybe best bet just stay away from them for a few games to see how things developed.

Did you really draft them to be a RB1/RB2 for you?

Good question and I see where u r going at it. I picked up Helu in the 9th round and Morris as a free agent. I do have other options but I do like to play a redskin because it's more exciting to have a specific Skins player on my FF to root for. No wonder I have never won in FF league...hahahha.

Did you really draft them to be a RB1/RB2 for you?

Good question and I see where u r going at it. I picked up Helu in the 9th round and Morris as a free agent. I do have other options but I do like to play a redskin because it's more exciting to have a specific Skins player on my FF to root for. No wonder I have never won in FF league...hahahha.

Yeah, so take Garcon or Griffin! You do know Shanahan is known as Lucifer in FF circles due to his RB wizardry?

Those options were not available where I ranked them on my draft list.

I understand, just messing with you mostly. Just sayin', I have a list of commandments that I consult during my drafts and one of them is "Thou shalt not draft a Shanahan running back."

:)

I have ALFMO as my last player on my bench in Fantasy Football...I look at the available players today and Royster is sitting there.

I really don't know what to do. ALFMO had the better preseason but Royster is supposedly healthy and is listed as the starter. I'm tempted to swap ALFMO for Royster.....I just want one Redskin on my team, why must you make things so complicated Coach Shanny!!!!!!!!!

I dropped Alfred in my deep league as my last RB and picked up Turbin instead. This year, I think the only players worth having on your fantasy foster are Garcon as WR3 and Griffin as WB2. I don't trust Davis, they had no chemistry in preseason.

That being said, I hope to see The Butler as the starter this week. However I imagine Helu or Royster will get it.

Hey Skins Fans,

I'm a huge FAU fan, (as you could probably tell by my user name).

Were very proud of Alfred and are hoping he does great things for you all. Rest assured every FAU fan is now a closet Redskins fan as well.

In regards to a nickname for Alfred, I thought you might like to know that at FAU his team mates and FAU fans called him "Old School" because of the way he runs. He talked about the old style of RB's that didnt juke and jive, they just made the cuts and then ran over you. Thats Morris.

Also you may of seen him doing the below:

alfredmorristd08-25-12.jpg

Those are "Owl Fingers" and we throw them up all the time in regards to FAU pride.

Best of luck in your opening games and know that you have a lot of FAU fans pulling for the Skins this year.

Guest Spearfeather

“Washington Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan declined to say Friday which of his tailbacks will start Sunday’s season opener at New Orleans.

Not yet,” Shanahan said on Friday.

Maske reports “several people with knowledge of the situation said they believe Morris is the probable starter” but it was not known if a final decision had been made.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/07/shanahan-still-refusing-to-name-rb-starter-but-signs-point-to-alfred-morris/?tid=pm_sports_pop

Would love to see Morris get close to 20 carries tomorrow, and see what kind of numbers he could put up. Like others have said, I think the Redskins should run early and often, with Royster getting his share along with Helu more in third and long situations, and try to keep Brees off the field. No reason to try and get into a shoot-out with the Saints. Trying to play from 14 down, early, will make for a long day.

Hey Skins Fans,

I'm a huge FAU fan, (as you could probably tell by my user name).

Were very proud of Alfred and are hoping he does great things for you all. Rest assured every FAU fan is now a closet Redskins fan as well.

In regards to a nickname for Alfred, I thought you might like to know that at FAU his team mates and FAU fans called him "Old School" because of the way he runs. He talked about the old style of RB's that didnt juke and jive, they just made the cuts and then ran over you. Thats Morris.

Also you may of seen him doing the below:

http://www.fauowlsnest.com/itb/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/alfredmorristd08-25-12.jpg

Those are "Owl Fingers" and we throw them up all the time in regards to FAU pride.

Best of luck in your opening games and know that you have a lot of FAU fans pulling for the Skins this year.

Thanks for the kind words.

He made quite an impression in the preseason for us, and he looks to be a keeper so far. Here's to him hitting paydirt a couple times tomorrow :cheers:

Love the attitude! Sounds like a young Brian Mitchell. I know it really doesn't matter this is a 3 pronged attack, but I still wonder who the starter will be tomorrow. Who gets a rhythm and the most carries? The running game must improve and have some consistency. There is this thinking that Shanahan can plug in whoever and the zone blocking one cut works...and it has to some degree..but I don't think we've even scratched the top 20 in rushing as a team for the past couple years. I'm sure RGIII will help that category a bit.

Archived