Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Bears (Final)

NoLeafClover

So you've a rookie starter, which as limitless potential as he has, is gona' be a tough year in all probability as he's still a rookie. And you'd rather have another rookie, who'd never of faced the full pace of a regular season NFL game which is a WORLDS difference from playing against second, third and fourth stringers in pre-season exhibition; ready to step into a game if the first rookie goes down?

As bad as Rex is, I don't get that logic.

They'll carry 3 QB's, and Cousins will sit, watch and learn this year, when at least he'll have a year under his belt learning the system.

And Gould is one HELL of a kicker.

Hail.

I agree with this. I don't see how Shanny can go rookie QB's at 1 and 2. You almost have to go with experience at the backup spot.

I agree with this. I don't see how Shanny can go rookie QB's at 1 and 2. You almost have to go with experience at the backup spot.

I dunno...3 touchdowns and no ints? I love Rex probably more than anyone on the board,(Go Gators!) but even his experience can't pull that one off.

So you've a rookie starter, which as limitless potential as he has, is gona' be a tough year in all probability as he's still a rookie. And you'd rather have another rookie, who'd never of faced the full pace of a regular season NFL game which is a WORLDS difference from playing against second, third and fourth stringers in pre-season exhibition; ready to step into a game if the first rookie goes down?

As bad as Rex is, I don't get that logic.

They'll carry 3 QB's, and Cousins will sit, watch and learn this year, when at least he'll have a year under his belt learning the system.

And Gould is one HELL of a kicker.

Hail.

You go with the best player, regardless of their experience. Maybe, Cousins could start off as the 3rd stringer, but I bet he supplants Grossman before the season is over. We already know what we have in Grossman. I've watched football long enough to know the difference between playing against starters versus playing against several players who either won't get much PT once the regular season begins or any PT at all (several will be cut). Thanks, anyway!

I'm going by how Cousins seems to look poised and relaxed, and in some ways look like he belongs. Not to mention, he has some zip and accuracy on his balls. You have to look how his game could project against the "real thing." Grossman may (or may not) begin the season as the #2 guy, but I don't think it'll last long if that is the case.

Archived