Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Bears (Final)

NoLeafClover

My only question is why is the first string offense playing with hands tied and 3rd string is getting better play calling? It may only seem that way but really seems this is the game plan. Vanilla vanilla vanilla

Because it's preseason. Week 1 they will open things up a lot more.

I suppose we all thought that the reason this team could not get turnovers because they could not get pressure on the quarterback. Well now that we can get some pressure, our defensive backs and linebackers can absolutely not catch a cold. How many dropped interceptions tonight, Four or Five And the one on the last drive, right in the linebackers hands, cost the game after a great comeback by the offense.

You go with the best player, regardless of their experience. Maybe, Cousins could start off as the 3rd stringer, but I bet he supplants Grossman before the season is over. We already know what we have in Grossman. I've watched football long enough to know the difference between playing against starters versus playing against several players who either won't get much PT once the regular season begins or any PT at all. Thanks, anyway!

I'm going by how Cousins seems to look poised and relaxed, and in some ways look like he belongs. Not to mention, he has some zip and accuracy on his balls. You have to look how his game could project against the "real thing." Grossman may (or may not) begin the season as the #2 guy, but I don't think it'll last long if that is the case.

I'll lay good money that unless there's a bizarre occurrence like some team having a QB injury crisis and trading for Rex, he'll be the back-up all year.

I want him gone as much as most, but it would be to our detriment to go into the season with two raw rooks at the most important position on the team.

Hail.

Cousins isn't surprising any of the football-smart people here. And some of ya who lean hard on the possible "cousins as future trade bait" deal might want to consider that maybe it had little to do with Mike's wanting him. ;)

Exactly. Cousins hold almost every quarterbacking record at Michigan State. Perhaps EVERY record. He is an excellent quarterback, period. As much as we may complain, he was an excellent draft pick. For trade, for play, however it all works out...I'm glad he is a Redskin. HTTR!

Nothing brings out the lame and just plain stupid like game day threads... preseason or regular, doesn't matter...

I don't know how you guys do it, on game day threads. You could go ban-uzi on half of these, and still have carcasses to spare. :)

On a side note, is there any chance we could start up an injury update only thread? I came in trying to get the latest on Rak & Meriweather, but can't seem to find much. Just a thought!

I don't know how you guys do it, on game day threads. You could go ban-uzi on half of these, and still have carcasses to spare. :)

On a side note, is there any chance we could start up an injury update only thread? I came in trying to get the latest on Rak & Meriweather, but can't seem to find much. Just a thought!

yeah, can someone get an update?

Exactly. Cousins hold almost every quarterbacking record at Michigan State. Perhaps EVERY record. He is an excellent quarterback' date=' period. As much as we may complain, he was an excellent draft pick. For trade, for play, however it all works out...I'm glad he is a Redskin. HTTR![/quote']

We stole him in the 4th round. I wanted to draft Cousins in the 2nd round if we would've lost RG3 to the Browns. It's a good thing we had two 4th round picks, which gave us the flexibility to get a QB. He sure did make that awful game much more fun to watch, that's for sure lol.

I vote for an insta-ban on anyone who creates or publishes a story about Kirk starting over RG3

Dude, relax. You are actually amplifying things with rhetoric like that. There's nothing wrong with being happy to see Cousins looking like Tom Brady against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I don't think I've seen anyone suggest that Kirk should be the starter now.

Archived