Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tuesday 8/14: Training Camp Tweets (with a side order of what-not) - Hankerson "fine" (post #58)/Nield out for year (ACL)

Good news and bad news today. Sad to see Truck get shelved for the season, but that'll give us a chance to IR him and it'll make room for Baker and maybe let Worthington push Golston. I have nothing against, Kedric, but I don't see any reason to keep him on the squad and haven't. I would love to see Worthington get a shot.

Darren Sproles is 5'7 190. If he can get into 190 - 195 range he will be fine.

But Darren Sproles is not used as what I would call a tailback - while he does take some snaps at tailback he also lines up in the slot, is used a lot on 3rd and passing downs and in situations where they try to get him the ball in space. Sproles had 87 carries last year but 86 catches.

Demps could find a similar niche role - though its a long shot he would be anything like as productive as Sproles - but his major benefit to a team is probably going to be returning kicks and maybe a package of plays out of the slot.

But Darren Sproles is not used as what I would call a tailback - while he does take some snaps at tailback he also lines up in the slot, is used a lot on 3rd and passing downs and in situations where they try to get him the ball in space. Sproles had 87 carries last year but 86 catches.

Demps could find a similar niche role - though its a long shot he would be anything like as productive as Sproles - but his major benefit to a team is probably going to be returning kicks and maybe a package of plays out of the slot.

I agree. I don't think anyone would think one of Demps stature would be your traditional tailback. He would be more of a hybrid tailback/slot receiver that return kicks. It would also be far fetched to assume he would be as productive as Darren Sproles but if your projecting the type of role he would most likely assume, I think you would definitely look at Sproles as an example. I'm most interested in his potential as a returner though. Anything he adds to offense would just be gravy.

Edit

Thinking about the stress a zone read with Demps and RG3 would put on defenses if fun though. I mean you either stay home and give the Olympic sprinter room to run or bite on the Olympic sprinter and allow the 4.38 QB space. That's freaking crazy.

Let's say, hypothetically, Demps came in, tore it up and made the roster.

Who's spot does he take?

Hail.

Morris's/Hightower's

(I really don't know why the coaches still call Hightower the starter. He was completely underwhelming in the regular season last year, and both Royster and Helu were significantly more impressive.)

Morris's/Hightower's

(I really don't know why the coaches still call Hightower the starter. He was completely underwhelming in the regular season last year, and both Royster and Helu were significantly more impressive.)

Some have suggested the shoulder injury sustained game 1 caused his problems. It had healed by the Caroline game (the one he was tearing it up... ooh... pun unintended). Makes sense to me, though I hope the coaches reamed him for trying to hide the injury.

Archived