Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tuesday 8/14: Training Camp Tweets (with a side order of what-not) - Hankerson "fine" (post #58)/Nield out for year (ACL)

I never understood all the negativity about him from other fans. Last time I checked he had a better year than Marvin Harrison last year he is emerging and u add in Hank time watch out

Well to be fair to Marvin Harrison, he is retired :evilg:

Think you mean Reggie Wayne there.

Honest question, and I'm sure it's been asked before, but...

Why don't linemen and/or positions where a lot of running is not always necessary wear knee braces ALL THE TIME?! I mean, wouldn't that reduce the number of ACL injuries we see in linemen? Are they really that restrictive that players would refuse to wear them?

I'm hoping someone can educate me on this. I know if another 300lb. lineman falls on the back of your leg that there's not much a knee brace would likely do to save you...but I gotta think it will help overall to reduce the number on knee injuries...

I appologize if some view this as a completely naive question. Just wondering. #Neild

Honest question, and I'm sure it's been asked before, but...

Why don't linemen and/or positions where a lot of running is not always necessary wear knee braces ALL THE TIME?! I mean, wouldn't that reduce the number of ACL injuries we see in linemen? Are they really that restrictive that players would refuse to wear them?

I'm hoping someone can educate me on this. I know if another 300lb. lineman falls on the back of your leg that there's not much a knee brace would likely do to save you...but I gotta think it will help overall to reduce the number on knee injuries...

I appologize if some view this as a completely naive question. Just wondering. #Neild

I don't think they've been proven to help avoid injury. It'd make sense to me that without them you have more range of motion and would be strengthening the muscles around your knees more.

Word around eagles camp is that Antonio Dixon is on the bubble.. I wonder if he was to be cut, if the redskins would give him a second look

Giants Shaun Rogers is out for the year with a blood clot. So we might have some competition for Dixon. (I always liked Dixon though).

Would love to add Demps for kick returns and certain offensive packages. He would be a match up night-mare. I would use him like Darren Sproles, line him up all over the place on third down (backfield, slot or outside). Wasn't Demps on the South squad in the Senior Bowl this year (or that might have been Rainey)?

DAMMITT!!!

And I hate pure track guys. They never really become anything great in football. Well, Golston or Worthington will make the roster now.

While i understand this, you send Demps deep on a fly pattern either 2 guys go with him..... or RGIII hangs it up to him EVERY TIME!!!! I'd love to have him provided coaches like him, he fits in etc etc. Or line up Demps and Garcon outside, Moss in the slot, send both guys deep and either they double up on them and leave Moss wide open somewhere over the middle in single coverage, or they leave a guy in single outside and we air it out.

Giants Shaun Rogers is out for the year with a blood clot. So we might have some competition for Dixon. (I always liked Dixon though).

As far as I can tell he only has 3 accrued seasons meaning he is subject to the waiver system. That means if we want him we get him before the Giants....unless one of the five teams ahead of us in the original draft order put in a bid. If I'm wrong someone feel free to correct me, I'm not 100% sure with new CBA rules.

Let's say, hypothetically, Demps came in, tore it up and made the roster.

Who's spot does he take?

Hail.

I was wondering that as well. I'd assume we would keep him instead of the last receiver and see him as the primary return guy and also have a package of plays for him as a slot receiver and running back on some of the zone read stuff.

Would love to add Demps for kick returns and certain offensive packages. He would be a match up night-mare. I would use him like Darren Sproles, line him up all over the place on third down (backfield, slot or outside). Wasn't Demps on the South squad in the Senior Bowl this year (or that might have been Rainey)?

Rainey, Demps pretty much said no to NFL, and that he wanted to focus on Olympics.

If Demp decide to come here, I might have to say, THT (cut) or Alfred Morris will go to PS.

Archived