Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tuesday 8/14: Training Camp Tweets (with a side order of what-not) - Hankerson "fine" (post #58)/Nield out for year (ACL)

"It's a big year for Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis. The player who earned team's franchise tag this offseason is playing for a contract next year. He's out to prove that last season's breakout campaign wasn't a fluke.

Thus far, Davis is reportedly off to a rough start.

The Washington Examiner writes that Davis hasn't been a "favored target" of Robert Griffin III during camp. They write Davis has had a "quiet camp."

One report like that is interesting. Two is a trend."

This is something to watch closely, and I wondered about it before.

I dont believe it has anything to do with Davis or his ability, but more so that Robert has not targeted TE's during his college career. I believe of the 1200 pass attempts he made while at

Baylor, less then 200 of them were to his tight ends.

And I have to wonder if the coaches have implemented less pass plays to the tight ends based on this, or if its just too early in the training camp and preseason to see any pattern.

"It's a big year for Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis. The player who earned team's franchise tag this offseason is playing for a contract next year. He's out to prove that last season's breakout campaign wasn't a fluke.

Thus far, Davis is reportedly off to a rough start.

The Washington Examiner writes that Davis hasn't been a "favored target" of Robert Griffin III during camp. They write Davis has had a "quiet camp."

One report like that is interesting. Two is a trend."

This is something to watch closely, and I wondered about it before.

I dont believe it has anything to do with Davis or his ability, but more so that Robert has not targeted TE's during his college career. I believe of the 1200 pass attempts he made while at

Baylor, less then 200 of them were to his tight ends.

And I have to wonder if the coaches have implemented less pass plays to the tight ends based on this, or if its just too early in the training camp and preseason to see any pattern.

I have a feeling in practice our WR are simply getting open. Once the real games start, like it always seems those guys will get covered up and LB's covering Davis will be a big + for us. Not really worried yet. But we will see

I have a feeling in practice our WR are simply getting open. Once the real games start, like it always seems those guys will get covered up and LB's covering Davis will be a big + for us. Not really worried yet. But we will see

+1.

Griffin will find the open man, and that will be Davis running past linebackers. I'm not worried about it at all.

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

Niles Paul was sandwiched between Josh Wilson and Madieu Williams, dropped pass and came up hobbled.#Redskins

---------- Post added August-14th-2012 at 11:06 AM ----------

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

This is not good, just saw a player I believe to be Leonard Hankerson carted quickly off with towel over head. Stand by for confirmation.

Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins QB @RGIII calls his own number from the 5-yard line, rushes in untouched for the score. #skinscamp

---------- Post added August-14th-2012 at 11:12 AM ----------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Back-to-back: QB's R. Grossman and K. Cousins hit WR's T. Austin and A. Robinson for touchdowns on drills from the 5-yard line.

---------- Post added August-14th-2012 at 11:12 AM ----------

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer

#Redskins' Hankerson was taken by cart to athletic training tent on sideline. Looked like he may have gotten in cold tub. Hard to see.

Hankerson got carted off. Zac Boyer reported that it looked like he may have been getting into the cold tub. Doesn't sound like doctors were working on some sort of injury on the side line. Might be heat related. Let's take a deep breath. Though I may burst into tears if it's worse...

Archived