Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cleveland.com: RG3 says 'Cleveland was a place I thought I would be'

http://mobile.cleveland.com/advcleve/pm_59556/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=ux3ZaXST

Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III frolicked for about two hours Tuesday on the Browns practice facility fields that fellow rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden calls home.

Griffin tossed passes to kids participating in the Play 60 youth football clinic. He cracked jokes. He celebrated good plays. He created memories in an NFL-issued T-shirt and visor, while adding a personal fashion touch – a pair of black socks with rows of multi-colored hearts.

Griffin is a charismatic and dynamic playmaker Browns fans might have enjoyed watching had only the St. Louis Rams accepted Cleveland’s trade offer in the weeks preceding the NFL Draft in April. It’s a scenario for which he was reminded Tuesday as he entered the Browns complex.

“The first thing Phillip Daniels (the Redskins’ player development director) said: ‘You could have been playing here.’” Griffin said. “It could have been a possibility, but it turned out a different way.”

Griffin and other NFC first-year players are in Northeast Ohio through Wednesday for the NFL Rookie Symposium. The AFC rookies arrive Wednesday and remain through Saturday.

“Once I declared for the draft, Cleveland was a place I thought I would be just because they had the most firepower when it came to draft picks and tradeability,” said Griffin said, who denied a report he didn't want to play here.

had only the St. Louis Rams accepted Cleveland’s trade offer in the weeks preceding the NFL Draft in April.

Sounds like Hiram Boyd wrote this after calling into the podcast last week. :ols:

I don't blame any Browns fan/writer/whatever for still being unhappy with how the draft played out. Life as a Cleveland sports fan MUST be frustrating, and I won't belittle them. I also won't take for granted that we've "arrived" again, now that we have RGIII. It's still going to take some time, and some overall improvement, before we really matter again in the Super Bowl race.

Plus, if the Browns had made that trade, and not us, how sour would the grapes be in RedskinsNation?

Knocking his hype. The NFL is pushing him and he's making "memories" in a t-shirt and jeans. NOT on the field. That's how I read it anyway.

I think you read too far into it. He made memories because he was playing with kids on the field.

Archived