Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cleveland.com: RG3 says 'Cleveland was a place I thought I would be'

I almost spit my drink out when reading the guest speakers...Vick, Jones and Irvin? How about some folks that HAVE avoided the wrong side of the law and only one of those criminals?

I actually like the idea of bringing in people who have gotten in trouble - kind of a "learn from me and don't do what I did" - similar to the old show Scared Straight.

You hear don't do drugs from a youth pastor, eh, you blow it off. You hear don't do drugs from a recovering meth addict as you see what he went through, that's a little bit more solid a message.

Good God the season can't get here soon enough. This kid is under the biggest microscope I have seen for a rookie in quite some time.

Here's the obligatory "I'm so stoked for the season" post that every RGIII thread requires ;) Haha, I'm just playing man.

Seriously though, not to see we're the **** or anything because we've sucked these past few years but I'd pick us over Cleveland everyday of the week. I wouldn't want to go there if I was RGIII but what else is he going to say?

I almost spit my drink out when reading the guest speakers...Vick, Jones and Irvin? How about some folks that HAVE avoided the wrong side of the law and only one of those criminals?

I imagine there are many other folks that speak at these things about other topics. The "stay out of trouble" part of the symposium is always the most highlighted aspect of it.

I actually like the idea of bringing in people who have gotten in trouble - kind of a "learn from me and don't do what I did" - similar to the old show Scared Straight.

You hear don't do drugs from a youth pastor, eh, you blow it off. You hear don't do drugs from a recovering meth addict as you see what he went through, that's a little bit more solid a message.

This. I've had my issues that I've shared on here before. When a younger member of my family starts ****ing up, who do you think they come to? Me. Talk to him, he'll listen to you, so and so forth. Going through it now with a cousin.

Btw, they have a new version of Scared Straight now. It's a series. On A&E I believe.

How so? They didn't even want RG3 anyway because he's too small. Duh :ols:

Lol, they lied. I still laugh at all the media attention and articles that Holmgren received because he was unhappy about our getting RG3. He basically said we cut a deal with the Rams to move up to get RG3.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/mike-holmgren-still-very-unhappy-rgiii-trade-020456796.html

If RG3 lights it up this year and Cleavland does what it usually does, Holmgren's problem may not be sleep but finding another job.

Here's the obligatory "I'm so stoked for the season" post that every RGIII thread requires ;) Haha, I'm just playing man.

Seriously though, not to see we're the **** or anything because we've sucked these past few years but I'd pick us over Cleveland everyday of the week. I wouldn't want to go there if I was RGIII but what else is he going to say?

Hey hey hey. For the record, I was complaining in offseason threads way before wonder boy got here. :)

And it wouldn't shock me to hear that a lot of other fans around the league would put us on the same level as Cleveland performance-wise, and desireability-wise I guess. Not saying that those fans know what the hell they're talking about, but just saying.

Agree. And we would have reached for Tanehill, stuck with Grossman and wondering who is going to be our future QB.

I don't agree...I think Shanahan would have tried trading down and maybe get Cousins in the 3rd round. I'm not convinced Shanahan would have thought Tannehill would be worth a top 10 pick. Maybe if Weeden was still available with our 2nd round pick he goes in that direction instead.

I don't agree...I think Shanahan would have tried trading down and maybe get Cousins in the 3rd round. I'm not convinced Shanahan would have thought Tannehill would be worth a top 10 pick. Maybe if Weeden was still available with our 2nd round pick he goes in that direction instead.

I can agree with you, but that's also part of my argument for panicking and taking guys either too soon (Cousins in the 3rd maybe too high/maybe not) or taking guys that don't fit the system (Weeden).

I can agree with you, but that's also part of my argument for panicking and taking guys either too soon (Cousins in the 3rd maybe too high/maybe not) or taking guys that don't fit the system (Weeden).

Yeah, my Weeden comment was due to Shanahan praising him so highly after coaching in the Senior Bowl more than anything else, so you're probably right. For me, after seeing Shanahan drop down in 2011 instead of drafting Gabbert when he fell into our laps, I think he would have taken a chance rather than reach on Tannehill.

Injured Browns defensive tackle Phil Taylor, a former Griffin teammate at Baylor, won’t get caught up in "what ifs." While acknowledging Griffin’s burgeoning talents, Taylor said his club is happy with its quarterbacks.

“We have Colt (McCoy) and Weeden, so that’s how we’re going to take it,” Taylor said. “He went to the Redskins and he’s going to have a great career there. We’re going to stick with what we have here.”

I'm quibbling, but how does that quote in any way show Taylor's happiness with his qbs? More like 'Griffin is awesome, but we're stuck with these guys'. Anyway, I feel bad for Brown's fans.

Honestly, I tend to root on the Browns since I almost always go for the underdog in non-Redskins games. And now this ridiculous FO they're saddled with. Poor, poor ****s.

Yeah, my Weeden comment was due to Shanahan praising him so highly after coaching in the Senior Bowl more than anything else, so you're probably right. For me, after seeing Shanahan drop down in 2011 instead of drafting Gabbert when he fell into our laps, I think he would have taken a chance rather than reach on Tannehill.

You're probably right about dropping down and not taking Tannehill. That was my biggest fear, was not getting Luck/RG3 and having to settle for Tannehill.

Heard Vinny Cerrato just say that the trade was right, but we got the wrong guy. He said a quarterback's success is too hard to judge based on college career and stuff. Instead, he said we should have traded those three number ones for Clairborne because not only will he be the impactful rookie this year, but corner is the third most important position on a team just below safety and tight end.

In fact, he added that it's insane that no safeties were chosen in the first five picks in any draft since he lost his position with the Redskins.

Archived