Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Political Spectrum Quiz

Teller

Every time I see on of these in the tailgate, and read the responses from posters, it supports what's accepted as endlessly repeated and verifiable fact in my profession. People frequently misrepresent themselves (i.e. lie about or posture or self-deceive) on such surveys. People often answer for how they want to be perceived in manners that often don't reflect their most genuine feelings or thoughts. That's why state of the art assessment tools like the MMPI 2 have such extensive attention devoted to identifying and factoring in such falsehoods common to such self-reporting. :)

:evilg::D:pfft:

You are a center-left moderate social libertarian.

Left: 1.91, Libertarian: 1.01

Foreign Policy:

On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. You scored: 1.27

Culture:

Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. You scored: -2.31

Not surprising either.

Every time I see on of these in the tailgate, and read the responses from posters, it supports what's accepted as endlessly repeated and verifiable fact in my profession. People frequently misrepresent themselves (i.e. lie about or posture or self-deceive) on such surveys (among other situations, of course). People often answer as they think they should for how they want to be perceived in manners that often don't reflect their most genuine feelings or thoughts. That's why state of the art assessment tools like the MMPI 2 have such extensive attention devoted to identifying and factoring in such falsehoods common to such self-reporting. :)

i had a roommate in college who swore up and down he was a libertarian, that's all he talked about. he didn't actually really touch on any ideologies, just wanted to make it a point that everyone knew he was a libertarian.

we got so sick of it i gave him a 100 question test similar to this one and it amounted to a 12%

the little snippit if you were in the 10-15 range was that "you love to tell people you're a libertarian, but you actually don't know what it's about. you just constantly proclaim it, to the annoyance of your peers" or something along those lines.

we all had a good laugh, well except him, about it.

either way, while i was reading the questions you could tell based on the options which was a libertarian view and which wasn't. had he known enough libertarian-ism or however you would say it he could have crafted his answers to match.

Ok, if twa is a centrist moderate, then the quiz was written by Rick Santorum and Glenn Beck. :silly:

Every one of these things I take puts me there,.....ya'll just misinterpret my positions because of the extreme bias in your nature.

:D

Jumbo...I certainly don't have that character flaw,but am not above letting others see what they want to.:evilg:

http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/political-spectrum-results-alt.html

Left: 1.08, Libertarian: 2.31

Foreign Policy:

On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. You scored: 2.2

Culture:

Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. You scored: -2.15

Interesting quiz.

Some of the questions were tough because the answer might change depending on the situation.

Every time I see on of these in the tailgate, and read the responses from posters, it supports what's accepted as endlessly repeated and verifiable fact in my profession. People frequently misrepresent themselves (i.e. lie about or posture or self-deceive) on such surveys. People often answer for how they want to be perceived in manners that often don't reflect their most genuine feelings or thoughts.

Knowing you to be a clinical professional, I'm surprised to see you jump to such a conclusion. Have you not even considered that twa may have been misrepresenting himself during his entire tenure here, and been completely honest on the survey?

:silly:

tiger, the short version, particularly in terms of a venue like this when it comes to politics, is that many people are often more polar than what they'll describe themselves on these tests. They'll be smart enough to know what answers are a little more "acceptable" to the broad spectrum of society and yet totally disavow their leanings. And in order to have desired credibility (though they usually would deny this care about this), they shift some of those answers in that direction to achieve that goal. In such circumstances, it's (to them) a way to "gain more credibility" (even if just in their own self-estimation) than if they just admit to themselves or others how rigidly set in one leaning or the other they actually are.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 02:19 PM ----------

Knowing you to be a clinical professional, I'm surprised to see you jump to such a conclusion. Have you not even considered that twa may have been misrepresenting himself during his entire tenure here, and been completely honest on the survey?

:silly:

I don't know what you're talking about. I have a chain of dance studios, am mainly a professional instructor and have mentioned here before what forms of dance I am expert in, and all my info is on my profile page. :)

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 02:20 PM ----------

Man, I'm one of only two authoritarians so far. Don't you idiots realize you're incapable of thinking for yourselves?;)

I do if you tell me. :)

tiger, the short version, particularly in terms of a venue like this when it comes to politics, is that many people are often more polar than what they'll describe themselves on these tests. They'll be smart enough to know what answers are a little more "acceptable" to the broad spectrum of society and yet totally disavow their leanings. And in order to have desired credibility (though they usually would deny this care about this), they shift some of those answers in that direction to achieve that goal. In such circumstances, it's (to them) a way to "gain more credibility" (even if just in their own self-estimation) than if they just admit to themselves or others how rigidly set in one leaning or the other they actually are.

oh i absolutely agree. i don't think most people want to be outside of a certain +/- when the scale puts the majority in the middle. this quiz just reminded me of that story with my old roommate.

i wish people would seriously take these kinds of quizzes at the ballot the box though. year after year we see people being given a set of beliefs that they are told represent the candidate they support, only to find that it's actually the other candidate's beliefs.

then of course that's all moot, because no one follows through on campaign policies and picking between two parties almost always means compromising on at least some of your beliefs.

No surprise here:

You are a right moderate social libertarian.

Right: 5.24, Libertarian: 3.07

On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. You scored: -3.35

Culture:

Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. You scored: -2

(Basically, I don't care about gay marriage, and I don't think we should jump in and be the world's policeman)

Left: 2.07, Libertarian: 1.9

Foreign Policy:

On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. You scored: -3.55

Culture:

Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. You scored: -3.46

I wanna let someone guess my score before I post it. Or I guess y'all can just tell me you don't care to and I'll post anyways, but I'll be sad while I do it.

Right 2.1....Libertarian 1.6

FP...2.2

culture -1.8

Archived