Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

His joke was kinda funny and you did walk right into it. Just sayin...

I got no problem laughing at myself. I took his post seriously without looking at it in context, and that's on me. 

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Uh...you made it very clear that the only rural areas that go blue are ones with institutes of higher learning.  All I did as paraphrase you humorously.  And there are numerous Red urban areas in the US.

Touche 

2 hours ago, Larry said:

The political and practical implications of the sound bite that's been the defining issue of our entire Party for the last 6 years.  

That was a super fascinating read. Apparently eliminating a tax break (the employer health insurance) on the rich isn't raising taxes. Did I read that right? It does show that some of these people know they are ****ed taking this on.  

8 minutes ago, Hersh said:

That was a super fascinating read. Apparently eliminating a tax break (the employer health insurance) on the rich isn't raising taxes. Did I read that right? It does show that some of these people know they are ****ed taking this on.  

Do I look like a man with a plan?  I'm a dog chasing cars. If I ever caught one, I wouldn't know what to do with it. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, No Excuses said:

It's as if they never had a plan, don't know what they are doing. 

Or these type of changes just can't happen overnight?  Look how long ACA took and the complexity and implementation challenges that had.

Unless im wrong, things are still in place minus the penalties for those who don't sign up for health insurance. 

Edited by steve09ru

2 hours ago, steve09ru said:

Or these type of changes just can't happen overnight?  Look how long ACA took and the complexity and implementation challenges that had.

Unless im wrong, things are still in place minus the penalties for those who don't sign up for health insurance. 

Are you defending Paul Ryan? 

It's amazing, how the GOP can unanimposly vote to repeal Obamacare.  I'm pretty sure over 100 times.  How they can actually attach their repeal to things like keeping the government running, or avoiding a debt crisis.  

But, when it looks like, if they vote for it this time, it might pass?  

Well hey, now, let's not be hasty.  There's no reason to actually vote on it this year, or anything.  

42 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is anyone else watching the debate on CNN?

I watched a little. It's amazing these jack ***** can't work together on just a few issues to positively impact the health care system. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hersh said:

I watched a little. It's amazing these jack ***** can't work together on just a few issues to positively impact the health care system. 

In watched the majority of it.  I didn't think beenie was a good choice because he doesn't seem interested in Obamacare but only single payer.  Since the debate was about Obamacare, there should have been at least one person defending it.

16 hours ago, Hersh said:

I don't get the quote cause there isn't context. Is he saying it's going to take all year repeal and replace?

They are pushing healthcare reform to next year.

Trying to make it an election year issue. If majority of the country has a brain, they would punish the GOP for not doing **** for the past 8 years, while complaining about this non-stop. 

• Like 2

35% of Americans do not know that the ACA and Obamacare are the same thing with 17% think they are different things (18% are not sure they are the same).

29% of Republicans believed that repeal without replacement would not affect Medicaid or subsidies.

http://fortune.com/2017/02/07/obamacare-affordable-care-act-repeal-poll/

This is the problem.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

In watched the majority of it.  I didn't think beenie was a good choice because he doesn't seem interested in Obamacare but only single payer.  Since the debate was about Obamacare, there should have been at least one person defending it.

Yea, not much of a debate. I think Bernie almost answered a question. though. :)  

Highlight of the debate for me was the lady that with the hair salon business who claimed she can't afford to expand her business and be Obamacare complaint with her small profit margins. 

Wtf lady... why would you expand your business if you're not making any money????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mooka said:

Yea, not much of a debate. I think Bernie almost answered a question. though. :)  

Highlight of the debate for me was the lady that with the hair salon business who claimed she can't afford to expand her business and be Obamacare complaint with her small profit margins. 

Wtf lady... why would you expand your business if you're not making any money????

50 full time employees seems like a lot for a hair salon, no?

Perhaps there are other issues here.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

She said she had 5 shops with 48 employees.

That makes more sense.  Thanks.

I wonder if there aren't loopholes around this.  Like, could she say that now instead of paying people $25/hour, because we have to comply with Obamacare we're cutting salaries across the board to $22/hour, but, anyone who chooses to forego health insurance through the company will get an additional $6,000 in compensation, because we don't want anyone to be "punished" with a less lucrative compensation package just because their spouse has a better plan than us or you found something cheaper on the Exchange.  

Basically structure something like that so you're pushing on to the employees most or all of the cost of having to offer health insurance that wasn't part of the compensation package before

Edited by Bliz