Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

The whole idea that companies were pulling out the exchanges because that were "unprofitable" might be the biggest ****ing lie in American history.  If not the biggest, then it's certainly the saddest.

All of a sudden, Obama made healthcare "unprofitable".  Maybe they'll make some money 2018...

On 7/8/2017 at 0:34 PM, bcl05 said:

I don't think the answer is simply to do less.  I think it is to do smarter health care.  I think there is a lot of health care happening that doesn't need to, and a lot that should be happening that isn't.  If we spent more on prevention, population health, early detection screening, etc, we could be a lot healthier as a country.  That should be the goal, I think.  

I think we need a system that incentivizes health and best practices, which would be very different than the system we have today.  The goal shouldn't be to simply spend less.  It should be to make our people healthier.  I think if we do that, our health care costs would drop.

This is primarily what the ACA was about, though.

Access to care: getting people to see primary doctors instead of showing up in the er. 

Getting people to see their doctors more often is supposed to help with preventive care, and avoid more costly issues down the road.

The HCHAP (despite how flawed I think it is) is designed to force efficient and quality care. It's forced hospitals to develop departments for following up with patients to makes sure they follow up with a primary care physician after their stay (to lower readmission rates)

The problem is you (as an institution, in this case the government) cannot force people to see a primary care physician. You can't force people to do the correct exercises after a surgery to avoid complications. You can't force people to get their weight and diet under control.

It's too early to declare the ACA act a failure on these issues (or any issues, really), but what you're talking about is a lofty goal and was a main pillar of the ACA.

Ultimately we need a smarter general population that understands the importance of such things *and* actually cares to do something about it. And good luck with that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The whole idea that companies were pulling out the exchanges because that were "unprofitable" might be the biggest ****ing lie in American history.  If not the biggest, then it's certainly the saddest.

All of a sudden, Obama made healthcare "unprofitable".  Maybe they'll make some money 2018...

Yeah, when I saw the top 5 CEO salaries in the healthcare industry, one of them happened to be the national pharmacy we use...but right across the street from ours is a small, independently owned pharmacy...that is going to get some extra prescription business starting next month.:)

• Like 1

He seems nice.........

Look carefully. All the greatest hits are in there. "Flexibility" for the states against the horrors of "one-size-fits-all" healthcare. The idea that Medicaid is full of lazy mooching loafers who will self-deport from good health because they have better things to do at the two-dollar window at Churchill Downs. And of course, cutting people off Medicaid and then telling the world that it was all their idea in the first place.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a56235/kentucky-medicaid-bevin/

Really good piece on PBS NewsHour tonight from a town in the south west part of Virginia. Basically a lot of people got ****** by Virginia not expanding Medicaid. Also, I think there is a big disconnect between what more free market principles would mean for people that are considered in poor health. 

Freedom Caucus like the nerd in class asking for more homework. I can't imagine they are all that liked in the House.

This new bill will still result in millions of Americans losing coverage. I don't see how any of the no votes that cited that as the reason could vote for this updated turd.

4 hours ago, LD0506 said:

"Nope we are flying the plane into the ground at full speed."

. . so that we can prove our claim that airplanes just don't work.  

I'm reminded of a bumper sticker I saw:  

Science flies you to the Moon

Religion flies you into buildings

Guess which one the Tea Party (heck, the GOP) is?  

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

Oh yeah, I clearly remember the Apollo missions lifted into the air on gossamer wings gliding on waves of prayer.....................

JFK was that devout?

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

TWA checks Wikipedia to see if the first moon landing occurred in a GoP or Dem administration....Nixon....

"No, but if you had reelected LBJ we never would've made it."

I was alive then Junior ...I watched it live