Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONCACAF 2014 World Cup Qualification - Play Resumes June 4

renaissance

Not yet. I read on BigSoccer that it will be available though by the time we play in Antigua.

This game vs Jamaica was not going to be on tv at all (like the Guatemala game). Then beIN stepped up and paid serious money.

It continues to amaze me that major internation soccer qualifiers are undesired but ESPN will sow 10 hours of billiards, 12 hours of poker, 15 hours of the little league world series, 9 more hours of women's softball, and round it all out with something equally asinine in a 2 day period.

midfield was absolutely awful.

Klinsmann has o take a chance there with no Bradley. Jones, Edu, Beckerman are all terrible, and its worse when they are all paired together. I know the US are not blessed with quality midfielders but that is overkill of garbage. Thats where the US lost as Jamaica only scored on two set pieces.

Well, we did beat Mexico in Mexico and Itally in Italy. First win in Mexico EVER. First win against Italy EVER.

Those are huge. None of it matters though if we don't qualify.

If they win the home games and get a result in Antigua, we will be fine...

Our biggest issue is we don't even know what kind of style to play. We attempt to play this Spanish tiki taka when we don't have the ability to. Other times who knows what style we're playing. Playing style is what helps you handle tough environments especially during qualifying. Playing style allows each teammate to know what the other will do. We don't have a true playing style and we keep changing players. Jurgen said last night that formations and style didn't matter and that we lost due to two free kicks. What caused those free kicks? Our lack of style, lack of possession, and lack of a true formation.

True the olympic team is different but we can use those players. For note there is no excuse for not qualifying for the olympics. Unfortunately that gives me bad feelings as far as the future also. That says we have a load of work to do as far as developing our players. I got a feeling Tues night in sold out Columbus Crew stadium Jurgen's back is against the wall. I don't want to call it a pink slip game but it's very close to it. I will say this now. If we fail to qualifying Jurgen is done. Honestly though it start at the top. Sunil needs to be gone.

Archived