Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONCACAF 2014 World Cup Qualification - Play Resumes June 4

renaissance

Lets put in 3 more. Make a statement! U-S-A!

Turtling never works for teams that... Well for teams that play terrible defense. The US defense is no bueno. Keep attacking and this game is over.

I don't get why Guate isn't playing more aggressively, our defense is lacking if they pressed they could really press.

---------- Post added October-16th-2012 at 08:04 PM ----------

Good first half for TeamUSA, I want some more offense for Guate to pull ahead in differential.

Well, Bradley still looks bad to me. Our defense is still poor. But we are winning. Eddie Johnson has been playing great today, as has Dempsey. I have two questions: when did Eddie Johnson get back to this form? And which position is he playing because I've seen him play left wing, and right wing. Is he a floating outside mid? I've never heard of that before.

Well' date=' Bradley still looks bad to me. Our defense is still poor. But we are winning. Eddie Johnson has been playing great today, as has Dempsey. I have two questions: when did Eddie Johnson get back to this form? And which position is he playing because I've seen him play left wing, and right wing. Is he a floating outside mid? I've never heard of that before.[/quote']

they switched (Johnson and Zusi) wings. Brady made a nice play that lead to a Dempsey tap it. He (and Williams) started to control the midfield when Guatemala pushed up a midfielder to go to a 4-4-2

I don't like the switch in formation with so much game left to play. You're always looking for space and now that Guatemala has to come forward and chase the game you play more conservatively? The spaces we were looking for and already had success exploiting, IMO, are really going to start opening up. If anything, we should just drop the wings down and play 4-5-1 and really reduce the space in that midfield, essentially still the same formation just that the wings are further back.

TeamUSA is trying to put the exclamation point on this game.

---------- Post added October-16th-2012 at 08:37 PM ----------

Yes! Antigua scored, Guate is in on differential right now!

---------- Post added October-16th-2012 at 08:43 PM ----------

Wow! Gotta wrap that up Howard!

*edit

Ugh! Guate needs to stop trying for Antigua to get them into the final round.

Great performance by USA despite some rough defensive play. Not looking forward to seeing Jamaica in the Hex.

Bradley had some awful touches tonight.

He looked lost at the end there when he was fiddling with the ball while someone was standing in the box alone for a good 4 seconds and he just decided to pass to someone else.

Archived