Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONCACAF 2014 World Cup Qualification - Play Resumes June 4

renaissance

The problem with US soccer is the same problem we have always had: lack of depth. The starting eleven can (stress can) beat anyone (Spain, Italy) the B and C teams can lose to anybody. We need to find the next group of players and get them going ASAP! The USNMT will qualify for the World Cup or US soccer will suffer a catastrophic blow that will take years to recover from...

Last night was an embarrassment.

Get Well Soon Michael Bradley.

Well according to Jurgen Bradley isn't his ideal mid field anyway. Jurgen's comment are beginning to make me sick honestly. Saying that the formations and such weren't what determined the game and that two free kicks did just annoys me. How do you think Jamaica got free kicks? They walked into the middle of the field and we fouled them everytime. If he doesn't think there were some serious issues with the way we played last night we got the wrong coach. We got owned. Jurgen needs to face that and realize it or we're gonna lose again tues.

Well according to Jurgen Bradley isn't his ideal mid field anyway. Jurgen's comment are beginning to make me sick honestly. Saying that the formations and such weren't what determined the game and that two free kicks did just annoys me. How do you think Jamaica got free kicks? They walked into the middle of the field and we fouled them everytime. If he doesn't think there were some serious issues with the way we played last night we got the wrong coach. We got owned. Jurgen needs to face that and realize it or we're gonna lose again tues.

Well he's right. Formations don't mean squat. No team roams the field in an exact 4-4-2 (or whatever he ran last night) for the whole match. After the opening whistle, at any point, take a snap shot of the field and there won't be any discernible formation. There's a lot of talk everywhere about formation, player selection, systems, etc but really we're just taking a roundabout route to find out what Bradley already knew-- there's not enough quality out there.

There's no undiscovered, un-called up player that would turn this team into world beaters.

The problem is we don't have enough good players to play this "Spanish" style. To be accurate it's called Positional and you need players with high technical ability, high soccer IQ and a very good understanding of what they are supposed to do within each of the 4 phases of the game. There's not enough of the ingredient I mentioned above to play this style. The nations that have most success with his are Spain and Holland. Why? Because this is primarily ingrained since youth. How many youth teams in the US are brought up to play in this style? I'd say probably 1% of all youth teams.

Which is a shame. There is a youth club in southern california who does an excellent job at playing in this style and has put the first American player, Ben Lederman, into Barca's youth academy.

It's admirable that Jurgen wants us to play like Barca, but it's also folly. Well, maybe, more folly to expect our group of players to produce in this style so soon. Soccer is best played when you're not "actively" thinking out there.

Our pool's ability is better suited to being very organized and grinding out results. There's no shame in that, results are results at this level. We're not Brazil where we have a standard to live up to in terms of aesthetic play.

I'm still shocked they lost last night. So what is the time frame on Michael Bradley's return? I couldn't even see it last night, because beIN hasn't hit Comcast yet. So how bad was it for those who seen it?

it was baaaaad. We scored 30 seconds in and everything was great for awhile and then boom beckermen deflects the ball into his own net and we got dominated.

Not sure wtf Beckerman was doing.....ever....but especially during that free kick.

WTF was that on the first free-kick?

If he'd had his arms out, he could of completed a star jump! Man, that is one lame ass attempt to stand firm as part of an (alleged) wall.

You'd be pissed with that at HS level. Let alone full International.

Hail.

As bad as this is, it could get better quickly tomorrow night.

If we beat Jamaica, and Antigua either ties or beats Guatemala (in Antigua), then we could clinch advancement in the following game.

Antigua had Guat dwon 1-0 late in Guatemala, but let it slip away. And lost.

Seriously, how many warnings is this ref going to give?

---------- Post added September-11th-2012 at 08:55 PM ----------

I think the ref should just don a Honduran shirt for the second half.

---------- Post added September-11th-2012 at 08:58 PM ----------

****. Guatemal won.

---------- Post added September-11th-2012 at 09:00 PM ----------

Torres is worthless

Archived