Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONCACAF 2014 World Cup Qualification - Play Resumes June 4

renaissance

My friend said...

Apparently Guatemala FA wanted mad cheddar and no one wanted to pay except for some outfit that then threw it on PPV for $30. Unreal.

Altidore in for Gomez.

Tell me how Altidore still on the team! They needs a striker who actually hustle and finished his run. Had an excellent opportunity to retake the lead on Bradley's cross if Altidore finished his run. instead just watching.

It's hilarious to even consider paying $29.99 for US Guat. When ESPN has 2 Euro 12 games of way higher quality for free. Watching the last US game was like watching soccer under water compared to the Euro games that day. Glad to see we have no control over the situation and gladly passed on this one.

Heck I find it insane to watch the free games as well. Unless you have troubel sleeping I guess.

Tell me how Altidore still on the team! They needs a striker who actually hustle and finished his run. Had an excellent opportunity to retake the lead on Bradley's cross if Altidore finished his run. instead just watching.

Every side needs a striker who will miss an open goal from four yards out by kicking it over the crossbar.

I'd love to know what happened to Edson Buddle, myself.

• 2 months later...

Bump for the upcoming games.

USA at Jamaica 8pm this Friday

TV information: The game will be broadcast on the new beINSport channel.

From Soccer Insider: "If you have DirecTV or DISH Network, you will be able to watch, starting at 8 p.m. ET. The spokesman said the DirecTV feed will be available in high definition. Comcast has begun adding beIN Sport to its cable menu, but according to this report, not everyone will have access to Friday’s match."

If you have Comcast you're not so lucky. You can watch the game, but not live.

Bump for the upcoming games.

USA at Jamaica 8pm this Friday

TV information: The game will be broadcast on the new beINSport channel.

From Soccer Insider: "If you have DirecTV or DISH Network, you will be able to watch, starting at 8 p.m. ET. The spokesman said the DirecTV feed will be available in high definition. Comcast has begun adding beIN Sport to its cable menu, but according to this report, not everyone will have access to Friday’s match."

If you have Comcast you're not so lucky. You can watch the game, but not live.

off topic: soccer season has started back up, let me know if you or BSF every feel like playing...

---------- Post added September-6th-2012 at 01:16 PM ----------

I think Gomez and Boyd are going to make their mark on this team

---------- Post added September-6th-2012 at 01:18 PM ----------

Every side needs a striker who will miss an open goal from four yards out by kicking it over the crossbar.

I'd love to know what happened to Edson Buddle, myself.

I would love to know what happened to Juan Agudelo...

I haven't seen an official roster (I also haven't really looked either). Who is on the team?

25 called into camp. 18 will dress for the game Friday.

GOALKEEPERS (4) : Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (9) : Carlos Bocanegra (Racing Santander), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Maurice Edu (Stoke City), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland), Jonathan Spector (Birmingham City)

MIDFIELDERS (8) : Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Joshua Gatt (Molde), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (4 ): Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur), Herculez Gomez (Santos)

25 called into camp. 18 will dress for the game Friday.

GOALKEEPERS (4) : Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (9) : Carlos Bocanegra (Racing Santander), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Maurice Edu (Stoke City), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland), Jonathan Spector (Birmingham City)

MIDFIELDERS (8) : Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Joshua Gatt (Molde), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (4 ): Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur), Herculez Gomez (Santos)

thanks! Hopefully Break Shea can get it going. I would like to see Cameron get some run...

I dont think either of them will make the dress list.

My guess is a starting lineup of-

Howard

Cherundolo, Goodson, Bocanegra, Johnson

Dempsey, Beckerman, Jones, Torres (ugh)

Altidore, Gomez

Shea may make it if we play a 4-5-1.

My guess is Klinsmann is playing for a tie.

How does Rimando continue to get in ahead of the likes of Hamid? And how is the 18 goal top MLS scorer overlooked?

I wonder the same thing about guys like Rimando and Beckerman. They are never going to get the start in major international competition, so why keep calling them up for the lesser games? Why not call up younger talent instead?

However, I don't think Hamid has helped his own case this year, starting with his performance at the Olympic qualifiers and being basically replaceable on DCU afterwards. He's also gotten a lot of cards (for a goalie) this year.

Not sure about Wondo. I assume that's a style of play issue?

I dont think either of them will make the dress list.

My guess is a starting lineup of-

Howard

Cherundolo, Goodson, Bocanegra, Johnson

Dempsey, Beckerman, Jones, Torres (ugh)

Altidore, Gomez

Shea may make it if we play a 4-5-1.

My guess is Klinsmann is playing for a tie.

I think Danny Wilson will get the start over Torres. I think Edu starts over Becks. I would love to see Dempsey behind either Gomez or Boyd and Shea out on the wing. In a 4-2-3-1 set up.

Question: When is Stuart Holden coming back from injury? Will he be able to play at the same level? I thought he was going to be the driving force for the national team for years to come...

Beckerman has to be called in if Donovan and Bradley are out. And will play as long as Holden is out as well.

He's not great, but he's steady. And he SHOULD be good enough in games against teams like Jamaica.

Hamid will be our starter after 2014. But for now, Guzan will go in if something ever happens to Howard.

Is beIN SPORT on FiOS? I have been trying to find it but have been unsuccessful.

Not yet. I read on BigSoccer that it will be available though by the time we play in Antigua.

This game vs Jamaica was not going to be on tv at all (like the Guatemala game). Then beIN stepped up and paid serious money.

Archived