Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONCACAF 2014 World Cup Qualification - Play Resumes June 4

renaissance

Ive got my tickets for tonight!

I hope we just throttle A&B. 8+ goals.

The reality is that this FIRST round of qualifying will be harder to get through than the final round (Hex) will be.

Guatemala, Jamaica and the US will all beat A&B twice, so it will come down to getting points on the road and maybe goal differential. So we need to come out with our A side and lay the wood.

Here is the upcoming schedule for the US:

2s0kao1.jpg

---------- Post added June-8th-2012 at 11:09 AM ----------

so we have to get to round 4 to qualify for the WC?

We have to get to the top 3 of round 4 to get an automatic spot in the WC. 4th place in round 4 sends us to a playoff. You do not want to take chanced in a playoff. Costa Rica had that honor last year and lost to Uruguay. First step first, though. Gotta get top 2 in our group.

so we have to get to round 4 to qualify for the WC?

Yes. But tonight starts round 3. The first round was a bunch of small islands etc. (Aruba, USVI, Montserrat etc). Then second round was six groups of 4 with the winners of round 1, plus a few larger nations like Haiti, Guatemala, Panama.

The US, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Jamaica and Cuba got byes to this (the 3rd) round.

The US fans are hilariously drunk. They sang the anthem with no regard to the woman brought in to sing it and got way ahead of her. They are no randomly singing and chanting things loudly. Chanting "it's all your fault" at an opposing player in bounding a ball was great.

I've got this streaming online while I watch the Nats game and am checking in randomly. Glad to see the boys winning, but am concerned that it's only 2-0 when we're playing Antigua. I saw the PK for goal #2, how did we get the first one?

I guess Gooch will never get significant, meaningful time again...

---------- Post added June-8th-2012 at 09:52 PM ----------

it was nice to see Gomez rewarded with a goal...he worked very hard tonight

---------- Post added June-8th-2012 at 09:52 PM ----------

it was nice to see Gomez rewarded with a goal...he worked very hard tonight

Informal poll....Would you pay $30 for PPV to watch your team in a group stage qualifier?

The US are on PPV? That narks the living piss out of me. It was the same when Sky had the England rights in the UK. Even though I don't care for England, everyone in the Country should have the right to watch them for free. Not just a select few. Their representing the Nation after all.

And that goes for ALL Country's. There really should be some unilateral legislation that decrees the National team is free to view for that Country's viewers.

In answer to your question, no. I'm past giving in to this ****. I'd either go to the bar or watch it on-line. As an example, ESPN is a subscription channel in England. On top of your subscription to Sky. And the additional subscription if you want to watch Sky Sports and live EPL football. I don't know anyone that paid for ESPN for the Monday night/ Saturday dinner time games last year. Folk either went to the bar, or didn't bother out of principle.

Hail.

Archived