Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hatfields & McCoys

rumpshakers

Enjoying it...job well done by Costner. With all the garbage in the movie theaters, I really wish this had been a production that had been made for the box office. With that said, it probably would have been a 3 hour + film.

FiOS HD went out for History Channel last night, so I couldn't watch it live in HD, and of course my DVR was wasted for 2 hours. Watched in low def, but missed about 45 min when I had it paused to put the daughter to bed. Will catch it again tonight.

EDIT: Kevin Costner should ONLY do westerns/1800's movies. He excels at those. Other genres? Not so much.

FiOS HD went out for History Channel last night, so I couldn't watch it live in HD, and of course my DVR was wasted for 2 hours. Watched in low def, but missed about 45 min when I had it paused to put the daughter to bed. Will catch it again tonight.

EDIT: Kevin Costner should ONLY do westerns/1800's movies. He excels at those. Other genres? Not so much.

My FiOS was fine last night. Was it the storms?

I may have to search it on DTV and see when it comes on again and record it. I've been trying to catch up to shows on the DVR, but everytime I sit down, someone or something keeps me from watching.

Pretty sure they are showing all 3 episodes today starting at 5 pm.

Like it a lot. They've done a pretty good job with accuracy. The main points are there, some stuff is lost in the details but it's either done for creative purposes or ambiguity. Only a couple of things where I wish they hadn't gone a certain route creatively, but that's about it. That's not bad considering. Seems pretty unbiased (though I think the McCoys might be coming off a little worse than the Hatfields at this point) and not patronizing at all. I had high hopes but not high expectations so I'm pleased. Hope they keep it up for the finale.

McCoys coming off worse? I dunno. Looks like the Hatfields pretty much started it and took it over the line killing the sons. I mean putting bounties on the family isn't any better.

Yea that scene with the 3 sons was crazy. The bounties are over the top on the McCoys part but I think the Hatfields stirred up more **** at the beginning

Yea that scene with the 3 sons was crazy. The bounties are over the top on the McCoys part but I think the Hatfields stirred up more **** at the beginning

I tend to agree with you on that point myself. I tend to side with the McCoys as far as justice is concerned.

If Randall McCoy would have shot Devil Hatfield for desertion this would be all mute.

Archived