Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hatfields & McCoys

rumpshakers

I'm glad that Jonesy went with that brunette chick over the blonde one. She's much hotter. Also, I don't know why the bartender from Dumb and Dumber is now the secretary of state for West Virginia. Seems like quite a career change.

I've been watching it too. It was on right after new episodes of Pawn Stars so I figured why not? Glad I decided to watch! Really good series so far. Tom Berenger does well in the series in addition to Costner, Paxton, et al.

The scene from part 2 w/ the McCoy boys tied to the trees was insane (don't want to give an outright spoiler).

---------- Post added May-30th-2012 at 05:32 PM ----------

Anyone else have trouble understanding the dialogue? I ended up not watching this because I kept getting frustrated only understanding half of every sentence.

If I still lived in DC area I might have had trouble with some parts, but I hear the Appalachian accent enough down here in TN that I could understand them. That's another thing, the actors using thick accents in this series have nailed it, and the scenery has been pretty spot on as well.

Guest Spearfeather

I've been watching, and I've been impressed. Costner plays Hatfield well. They didn't go overboard with the accents. The whole thing has a very " authentic " feel about it.

..... and that Nancy McCoy .....Mmmmmm ..... she looks like such a bad, bad girl.

jena-malone-nancy-mccoy-hatfields%2526mccoys.jpg

I've been watching, and I've been impressed. Costner plays Hatfield well. They didn't go overboard with the accents. The whole thing has a very " authentic " feel about it.

..... and that Nancy McCoy .....Mmmmmm ..... she looks like such a bad, bad girl.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TX__j44skwk/T7XxmXQdg-I/AAAAAAAAjI0/DzSPWOJHVKg/s320/jena-malone-nancy-mccoy-hatfields%2526mccoys.jpg

You can a LOT more of Jena Malone by googling her name along with "S" magazine. I'd do it from the comforts of your own home, though.

;)

Does anyone know whether Randolph McCoy really burned to death in his house at the age of 89? Since the series attempted to stay true to most facts, I assume this is correct as well, but haven't found any information on it.

Does anyone know whether Randolph McCoy really burned to death in his house at the age of 89? Since the series attempted to stay true to most facts, I assume this is correct as well, but haven't found any information on it.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like a hell of a way to go.

Thanks. Married his cousin too. Yikes....

Really not that uncommon back then in Appalachia (or near it).

---------- Post added May-31st-2012 at 02:07 PM ----------

I suppose it was a good way to keep and money they had and more importantly, land, in the family too.

---------- Post added May-31st-2012 at 02:10 PM ----------

Oh, and at least she was 20. Not 13 or something.

I recorded all 3 on Saturday. Got a chance to sit down and watch it last night. I was originally only going to watch the first 2 parts, but it was too good. I stayed up unitl 1 AM (Get up at 5 AM). Great series. I'd love to see more of these types of docudramas. I bet Google was burning up when this first came out.

great series, recorded all of them, only had time to watch the first two episodes, but wow, thoroughly impressed. The way History channel has been showing more reality and "modern" shows, I'm glad they did a series like this.

Archived