Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TMZ, WJLA, GMA: Dick Clark Dies at 82

just654

Dick Clark Dies at 82

A statement from Clark's PR company says Clark died of a massive heart attack.

Clark, the longtime host of American Bandstand and a staple on ABC's New Year's Eve specials from Times Square, suffered a massive stroke in 2004 from which he never fully recovered.

Born in 1929 in New York, Clark began hosting American Bandstand in 1957 and continued to front the wildly popular dance and music show through 1989.

This is a developing story. More to come.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/04/dick-clark-dead-tv-host-dies-at-82-75056.html

http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/18/dick-clark-dead-heart-attack/

For some reason I thought he was older than that. Always hate to see a legend go, at least he doesn't have to suffer anymore.

R.I.P.

Me too...I thought he was in his 90's. I was also convinced that he was frozen and then unthawed each New Year's. RIP though, definitely a legend.

Dick Clark was one of those stars that was so big for so long that he didn't need to be visible or relevant to remain a celebrity. He could show up anywhere and no one would be surprised or annoyed, if it had anything to do with entertainment he belonged there. His life must have been one heck of a ride.

I can't imagine his quality of life was all that good any more, and it was VERY difficult to watch him on the New Year's shows the last few years. Still, sad, sad day.

RIP, Dick. You are a true American icon.

Yes, it was painful to watch him those last few years on Rockin' Eve. He should've retired and lived quietly. I guess he just enjoyed it so much.

R.I.P Dick Clark. You were a giant in the entertainment industry.

Archived