Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Tebow to Jets for 4th Round Pick

DarrellsMyHero28

Okay, tell me if I'm wrong here, but I think it's a bit .. weird that Tebow would call his own telephone conference, rather than just put out a statement. It's moves like that make me feel that he brings a lot of this attention on himself.

he does, and he embraces it. No one will ever call him on it tho but he has a massive ego. Its almost like Favre's "aww shucks" routine which people bought in full for most of his career until it was ending and it was clear that he was really an egomaniac.

Seriously; Sanchez should demand a trade. If they want Tebow, let 'em have Tebow. I'm a Tebow fan, but there's NO reason to give up draft picks for Tebow.

I really have no idea what the Jets are thinking. The Jets have now spend 6 draft picks on quarterbacks since 2006 if you include the trade for Tebow. Not to mention all the picks they give up for players and the picks they gave up to get Sanchez in the first place.

The Browns need a quarterback, Miami needs a quarterback. Both teams have West Coast Offenses and that's what Mark played in at USC. Let them deal with the Tebow issue.

I feel bad for both these guys. They're both getting dicked around.

Kind of feel bad for Mark Sanchez. 2 AFC championship appearances and now possibly the bench.

I just can't imagine Sanchez being benched for Tebow. Sanchez is bad, but not that bad!

---------- Post added March-22nd-2012 at 01:58 AM ----------

he does, and he embraces it. No one will ever call him on it tho but he has a massive ego. Its almost like Favre's "aww shucks" routine which people bought in full for most of his career until it was ending and it was clear that he was really an egomaniac.

That's basically it. I mean, come on, dude decides to take a knee and pray like every 10 minutes on the sideline. I read on here recently that he wrote an autobiography at the age of 20-something (which puts him in the same category as the Beiber kid). Dude is a lame.

No one will ever call him on it tho but he has a massive ego. I

Are you kidding me? Read this board, watch NFL network, listen to sports radio...someone is always bashing Tebow. It often starts with a statement like the one above "everyone is afraid to say anything bad about Tebow, but...". You'd be hard pressed to find an NFL player who has caught more public flack than Tebow in the last year. If you listen close to the remarks, it's usually fueled by either his overexposure, or his overt Christianity.

I just can't imagine Sanchez being benched for Tebow. Sanchez is bad, but not that bad!

---------- Post added March-22nd-2012 at 01:58 AM ----------

That's basically it. I mean, come on, dude decides to take a knee and pray like every 10 minutes on the sideline. I read on here recently that he wrote an autobiography at the age of 20-something (which puts him in the same category as the Beiber kid). Dude is a lame.

I agree.

I also like your sig. I posted that in several threads for the people who had their doubts about our chances in the NFC East the next 10 years.

---------- Post added March-22nd-2012 at 09:21 AM ----------

should be an interesting training camp battle. Drew Stanton and Tim Tebow looking to take the keys from Mark Sanchez.

Sanchez will win the battle. Drew Stanton will constantly be out of bounds and Tebow will be too busy praying.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/tim-tebow-i-wanted-to-play-for-rex-ryan-when-i-saw-hard-knocks/

"Tebow said that he loved watching Hard Knocks and is looking forward to the experience of being in those profanity-filled team meetings."

Apparently Tebow is a big boy and doesn't begin to cry when someone curses near him. Still though, wouldn't have imagined he would be that happy to go to the NYJets, though maybe he really is.

Are you kidding me? Read this board, watch NFL network, listen to sports radio...someone is always bashing Tebow. It often starts with a statement like the one above "everyone is afraid to say anything bad about Tebow, but...". You'd be hard pressed to find an NFL player who has caught more public flack than Tebow in the last year. If you listen close to the remarks, it's usually fueled by either his overexposure, or his overt Christianity.

you ever heard anyone say Tebow has a big ego?

the critique is his QB play and his religion. The media and fans think he is a nice humble kid, when he really isnt.

What is interesting right now is the backup situation. I hadn't realized the Jets had signed Drew Stanton in the offseason, who now wants out since the trade happened.

So, they have 4 QBs on the roster. Who stays? Stanton, who isn't great but has NFL starting experience, or ASF's golden boy McElroy, who doesn't have any starting experience? This is under the assumption that Tebow isn't going to be Sanchez's primary backup, which may be a bad assumption.

You know, Favre is exactly who I thought of when thinking about Tebow having all this attention on himself. :doh:

Okay, tell me if I'm wrong here, but I think it's a bit .. weird that Tebow would call his own telephone conference, rather than just put out a statement. It's moves like that make me feel that he brings a lot of this attention on himself.

Maybe he decided to do that instead of taking 4 million individual phone calls from reporters.

I'm just tired of this guy. A guy who runs the 1984 Nebraska Wishbone offense, a guy who has a 46% completion percentage and a guy (notice I didn't call him a QB?) kneels 20 times a game to someone he can't see, sure is taking up WAY too much time on TV. Yes, the media has gone overboard with this. But you know he's eating this up, because he has a religious agenda to get his word of the lord out to anyone who wants to hear it. What in the **** has this guy done in his career to deserve this attention? Can someone explain to me why this guy continues to suck up the spotlight?

I want them to talk about other teams free agent strategies. I want them to talk about draft strategies. Between he and Peyton, the last 2 weeks of football have been annoying when trying to see who signed who or who is interested in who.

I had a discussion at the gym yesterday about Tim Tebow, the media and fans.

The gist of it was how fans hate Tebow even though he is a good citizen and the hype is media driven, yet fans cheer for the likes of Vick, Pacman, etc. Heck, the 'skins even had a guy on the roster that was drinking and driving that led to the death of a man. Society is completely twisted.

The gist of it was how fans hate Tebow even though he is a good citizen and the hype is media driven, yet fans cheer for the likes of Vick, Pacman, etc. Heck, the 'skins even had a guy on the roster that was drinking and driving that led to the death of a man. Society is completely twisted.

Food for thought. I tend to agree. If the animosity toward him comes mainly because of the media hype around him, isn't the hatred misdirected?

Really?...Making fun of his religious beliefs?

He brings it on himself by kneeling so many times. If he wants to believe in something that is his right. If he has ever actually seen God, let us know, because I haven't. That's why they call it faith. Not really making fun of his religion, but it's part of his persona and my main question was not about his religion, but what he's actually done to deserve the attention he's getting from the media.

The Stallworth case isn't as simple as him driving drunk and killing someone. The guy who died was jaywalking and had no business being where he was when he got hit. And Stallworth wasn't speeding or anything like that. There's a reason he only got 30 days.

Sorry I just think Stallworth is a good guy who made a mistake. I normally have no sympathy for drunk drivers but I'll give people somewhat of a pass on one time. He's not Leonard Little. We all make mistakes.

He brings it on himself by kneeling so many times. If he wants to believe in something that is his right. If he has ever actually seen God, let us know, because I haven't. That's why they call it faith.

RG3 salutes air...he's not, nor has ever been, in the military. His parents have, not him. We should ridicule that. :yes:

And he kneels and prays/gives thanks to "someone he can't see" as well, and does it a lot...definitely we need to ridicule the guy once he's in DC :yes:...

Hall does it a lot, too...we need to pick up on the ridicule of him doing so, we've been slacking in that regard. :yes:...maybe because it looks like he's praising himself and not a higher power, it's more tolerable? I mean, we can see DeAngelo Hall, so...

Archived