Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Tebow to Jets for 4th Round Pick

DarrellsMyHero28

The Stallworth case isn't as simple as him driving drunk and killing someone. The guy who died was jaywalking and had no business being where he was when he got hit. And Stallworth wasn't speeding or anything like that. There's a reason he only got 30 days.

Sorry I just think Stallworth is a good guy who made a mistake. I normally have no sympathy for drunk drivers but I'll give people somewhat of a pass on one time. He's not Leonard Little. We all make mistakes.

Also, Stallworth slept off most of it, got in his car early in the morning, but was still legally drunk. Saw a report on Outside the Lines about former Lions DE Reggie Rogers who killed a couple of guys and has been arrested like 7 times for DUI. He still thinks he doesn't have a problem.

RG3 salutes air...he's not, nor has ever been, in the military. His parents have, not him. We should ridicule that. :yes:

And he kneels and prays/gives thanks to "someone he can't see" as well, and does it a lot...definitely we need to ridicule the guy once he's in DC :yes:...

Hall does it a lot, too...we need to pick up on the ridicule of him doing so, we've been slacking in that regard. :yes:...maybe because it looks like he's praising himself and not a higher power, it's more tolerable? I mean, we can see DeAngelo Hall, so...

The problem with the constant kneeling and public displays is that it is in direct violation of what Jesus taught us.

The problem with the constant kneeling and public displays is that it is in direct violation of what Jesus taught us.

Yes and no. You're probably talking about Matthew 6:6, right?

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

While yes, that verse does hold merit, there is also this one:

But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven

Tebow's always done the "Tebowing" thing. Why should he stop just because the camera is on him? That is a way of "denying" - "Oh, I'm on TV. I can't show that I'm a Christian because people will think I'm an attention whore"

RG3 salutes air...he's not, nor has ever been, in the military. His parents have, not him. We should ridicule that. :yes:

And he kneels and prays/gives thanks to "someone he can't see" as well, and does it a lot...definitely we need to ridicule the guy once he's in DC :yes:...

Hall does it a lot, too...we need to pick up on the ridicule of him doing so, we've been slacking in that regard. :yes:...maybe because it looks like he's praising himself and not a higher power, it's more tolerable? I mean, we can see DeAngelo Hall, so...

I'm just not a big fan of mixing religion on the football field. He wants to pray before or after the game, fine. I have no problem with that. I'm also not a big fan of the mid field pray huddle between the teams. I never have a problem with anyone's religion. You can worship whoever and whatever you want, just don't push it on me. He's pushing his religion on us with his kneeling and his interviews since the first thing out of his mouth is about God. Maybe he should change professions and become a minister.

And Griffin is doing the "mile high salute" because he was a Broncos fan growing up.

He brings it on himself by kneeling so many times. If he wants to believe in something that is his right. If he has ever actually seen God, let us know, because I haven't. That's why they call it faith. Not really making fun of his religion, but it's part of his persona and my main question was not about his religion, but what he's actually done to deserve the attention he's getting from the media.

Well, what he's really done to get attention from the media was to help lead a team that was heading for the cellar to a division title and a playoff win. All the other stuff wouldn't have gotten a lot of attention if it weren't for that.

Yes and no. You're probably talking about Matthew 6:6,

no, one before it

5 'And when you pray, do not imitate the hypocrites: they love to say their prayers standing up in the synagogues and at the street corners for people to see them. In truth I tell you, they have had their reward.

I very much reject the notion that the only way not to deny Christ is to make a public spectacle of yourself

As a kid I remember watching the early 90s Super Bowls, and Don Beebe would always go down on a knee after he scored for the Bills. I thought that was a slightly odd celebration, but that's all. The truly shocking part was that a white wide receiver was scoring touchdowns.

no, one before it

Fair enough. My apologies for assuming, however,

Matthew 5

13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Tim Tebow seems to bring out the best and worst in everyone.

Like religion itself (he says, in a generic comment not meant to incite controversy or violate the Stadium's rules, while being open to editing this post if a mod finds fault with it..:paranoid:)

Like religion itself (he says, in a generic comment not meant to incite controversy or violate the Stadium's rules, while being open to editing this post if a mod finds fault with it..:paranoid:)

:ols:

ATN is not the stadium, but yeah, the general idea still applies. This is a football forum. :)

Religion & politics are for the tailgate. Minor transgressions are more tolerable though than in the stadium. And it is Tebow, which means it's part of the typical discourse on him. Don't mistake this as an "ok" to go into more extended arguments around a religious theme. As for his being a jet now, however, believers may want to pray even more for Timmer. :D

Ahahaha you can't make this stuff up. So hilarious

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827d6ca7/article/report-tebow-eyes-home-in-sanchezs-hood

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827d6763/article/tebow-laid-hands-in-prayer-on-injured-dawkins

Don't get me wrong... Tebow seems like a pretty genuine guy though. I give him my respect for that.

But the circus is hilarious.

It should be interesting to see what influence Tebow has on the team.

The only influence he will have, is that he will help contribute to the train wreck that will be happening with the Jets 2012 season.

He only picked the Jets because other than the owner; noone else on the Jags wanted him.

I still think Tebow eventually ends up in Jacksonville as he will be Khan's final attempt to bring fans in Jacksonville.

ok this is nuts. there's a ****ing billboard in New York with just Tebow on it.

I think It's safe to say Rex Grossman is a better backup QB than Tebow, so let's just go ahead and hang his mug from the Capitol Building lol

Tebow and Mega Millions Lottery related

from Wapo: http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/record-540-million-mega-millions-jackpot-has-people-buying-tickets-but-odds-of-winning-long/2012/03/30/gIQA7RObkS_story.html?tid=sm_twitter_washingtonpost

Even 80 y.o. have succumbed to the mania it seems.... "Everett Eahmer, 80, of St. Paul, Minn., said he’s been playing the lottery “since the beginning.”

“If I win, the first thing I’m going to do is buy a (Tim) Tebow football shirt, and I’m going to do the Tebow pose,” said Eahmer, who bought five tickets Thursday. “I’m with him in honoring a higher power.”"

Archived