Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need to draft 2 QBs

Riggo-toni

We used this draft for 1 starter and depth. We drafted our starter in the first and got 8 depth players.

I think many are ignoring that Shanny said that he targeted 3 OL down in the draft and felt lucky that he got all 3. There's your OL depth. I'm sure we could have drafted another depth guy at Cousins' spot, but I'm guessing we didn't think any other depth guy was the same value, which means Shanny thought this was the best depth pick available. The pick makes sense to me.

You know, this is so out of hand. You would have thought we used two first round picks on QB's. The media is a joke. I guess if, I hate to even say it, but RG III gets hurt and we have to run Rex out there again, we will have all these so called experts start screaming how stupid Shanahan is. It's a no win situation around here. And it always will be. It's sad.

I haven't found one media pundit who likes drafting Cousins.

We have so many holes and are invested in Griffin. It makes no sense. I really hate that we drafted Cousins it already has caused a lot of drama.

that's only because the media is making it a big deal. after the first 2, maybe 3 rounds, you're going to be lucky to find an everyday starter. from the 3rd/4th round onward, most teams are looking for backup/special teams/developmental players. The way most of the media is spinning it, it's as if the Redskins could have found another great starter at another position. It's as if fourth round QBs have caused a lot of controversy in the past. This media creation that Cousins is somehow going to give RGIII a run for his money or is going to create doubt in RGIII's mind about the Redskins' commitment to him is laughable. Tedi Bruschi almost had a cow on ESPN this morning making the Redskins sound like they had just thrown $100 million to Albert Haynesworth again. Ashley Fox wrote an article that said the Skins created a QB controversy. Skip Bayless thinks the Cousins pick was racially motivated.

All i have to say to this is... are you KIDDING me???? These are some of the most ridiculous statements I've ever seen about the Redskins. Trust me, I know a lot of criticism towards our team has been warrented in the past, but this is just creating a story out of nothing. Some 4th round draft picks can't even make the 53 man roster much less pose a threat to the number 2 overall pick in the draft. Having a solid backup QB is the best thing a GM/coach can do for their team... Just ask the Bears or the Colts or the Raiders (who wouldn't have had to make a desperation trade for Palmer if they only had a solid backup.)

No. Shanny probably did fine on his other picks. But as a team that finished last in our division (again), we had a lot more holes than picks. Especially when you consider the need for rotational guys, and players with injury histories or one failed drug test away from major suspension. Shanny should have picked up another player that can contribute if RG3 doesn't bust.

Instead we got an insurance policy for a case where if RG3 busts, we're screwed anyways.

I believe the more knowledgeable posters here that Massie really isn't a fit for the ZBS after all. By my count, that still leaves at least 5-6 guys we could have chosen from, to get a player that could meaningfully contribute this season.

I think we should have gotten a sixth-seventh rounder or QB FA, for someone to try beating out Rex Grossman. I'm reading other poster's comments that Cousins probably won't unseat Rex this season anyways. But I think Cousins or a decent 6th/7th/FA QB could beat Rex for the backup position in a couple years anyways. Why spend a 4th on a player with such little impact? Looks to me like for every season a backup QB getting a high draft pick in trade, there were about 31 other backup QBs that didn't. Why play those odds?

Lemme clarify my position: I'm not happy in principle over spending 3 first rounders and a second rounder on one guy, but if RG3 elevates to the next level like we hope, then we're back to at least respectability for the first time since Gibbs 2.0. I'm happy overall with Shanny's drafting otherwise. But when we've gone all in for RG3, taking a flyer on a fourth where we know Shanny can find good players, doesn't make sense to me.

Kirk Cousins is not an "insurance policy in case RG3 bust". He is a back-up quarterback that we can train in our offense, who can back-up Robert Griffin III and potentially start if need be, and possibly we can use as trade bait down the line.

As for the need for "rotational players" elsewhere...where? Defensive line? Our rotation at this moment consists of Adam Carriker, Jarvis Jenkins, Chris Neild, Barry Cofield, Stephen Bowen, Chris Baker, Darrion Scott, Doug Worthington, Kedric Golston, and Kentwan Balmer. Even considering that some of those guys might get cut in camp...that's some ridiculous depth on the defensive line.

Offensive line? We still left the draft with three offensive lineman. So now we've got Trent Williams, Kory, Cook, Monty, JB, Chester, Polumbus, Hurt, Willie Smith, James Lee, Adam Gettis, Josh LeRibeus, Tom Compton, Josh Oglesby, and then we've got guys who got futures contracts from the practice squad. Again, even if you consider some of those guys getting cut, we suddenly look to have some real good depth, right?

Wide receiver? Josh Morgan, Pierre Garcon, Santana Moss, Jabar Gaffney, Hankerson, Terrence Austin, Anthony Armstrong, Aldrick Robinson.

Tight End? Cooley, David, Logan Paulson, Richard Quinn, Niles Paul is changing positions, Robert Myers.

We signed a host of safeties, and the fact is, other than Minnifield (who had a medical issue), the best corners, guys that our insiders told us we were probably looking at, guys like Dwight Bentley and Casey Heyward were off the board, and Boykin had a medical question mark. The last few corners with real chances of starting are off the board, there were no safeties worth taking (as evidenced by the fact that no safeties were taking in the 4th round.)

So at that point, when the guys you target are off your board, and you're looking at potentially having a lot of depth at a lot of different positions, and Kirk Cousins is sticking out on the board like a sore thumb, and he's the best player available...you take the best player available on your board. Period.

A real chance to become a starter. That's high praise.

It's also bull. For one, we've got four nose tackles on the roster, and the coaches were really happy with how Cofield performed, despite people's odd fascination with trying to replace him. We drafted a linebacker and three offensive lineman. The only corner that could've made become a starter, maybe, was Boykin, and as has been mentioned, the medical on him scared people off--two concussions and a very recent injury from the Senior Bowl. (And then we wound up getting someone who I think was a better cornerback prospect than Boykin in Minnefield, and I really liked Boykin). Maybe Ron Brooks could've been a nickel. Maybe..

But then you've got LavarLeap saying that we've got a 3-year deal on the table for Byron Westbrook and everyone wants to see how Brandyn Thompson develops. So yeah, that's two corners that we rated hire than someone we could've drafted.

We have so many holes and are invested in Griffin. It makes no sense. I really hate that we drafted Cousins it already has caused a lot of drama.

So many holes? What "hole" could we have addressed with this particular 4th rounder that wasnt addressed with other picks or via FA already?

Our needs/holes were well stated to be QB, RT, RG, S/CB. The needs were addressed. If Cousins was a 3rd or 2nd round pick then yeah outrage justified.

Now THAT is a scary thought.

:ols:

The truth is scary sometimes. These guys throw about opinions without regard for backlash. I think someone said earlier in this thread that the sports reporters are just like weathermen. The get paid and are hardly ever right. When they are wrong they get to re-hash and use the hindsight glasses to explain exactly why they were off.

As for the posters being just like the pundits with a job, look no further than Skip Base-less.

You're not paying attention.

Casserly, Mayock, Polian all like the Cousins pick.

And Cousins is causing drama because fans like yourself, and media like ESPN want it to cause drama.

It's amazing to me how full of **** some people can be.

They spend 8 months telling me that RGlll is a fighter, grew up a military brat, wasn't given anything, has unlimited talent, is ultra competitive, then Kirk Cousins gets drafted, and all of a sudden, those same people tell me that RGlll is a sensitive guy that needs everyone "in his corner," needs everyone to be "All in," needs to be "protected," etc etc.

Even funnier is when I hear some people in sports talk radio blasting people a few months back for even hinting that RGll is a run first QB, yet when they compare RGlll with Kirk Cousins, the first thing that comes out of their mouth is "Well, RGlll is more of a running QB, so it woul dmake sense to have Cousins on the roster."

So much mental retardation, so little time...

It's amazing to me how full of **** some people can be.

They spend 8 months telling me that RGlll is a fighter, grew up a military brat, wasn't given anything, has unlimited talent, is ultra competitive, then Kirk Cousins gets drafted, and all of a sudden, those same people tell me that RGlll is a sensitive guy that needs everyone "in his corner," needs everyone to be "All in," needs to be "protected," etc etc.

Even funnnier is when I hear some people in sports talk radio blasting people a few months back for even hinting that RGll is a run first QB, yet when they compare RGlll with Kirk Cousins, the first thing that comes out of their mouth is "Well, RGlll is more of a running QB, so it woul dmake sense to have Cousins on the roster."

So much mental retardation, so little time...

I know, right? Overwhelmingly Griffin has impressed with his maturity and the stable foundation his family instilled in him. I'd LOVE to hear what his dad has to say about this whole non-issue, it is so laughable that you can't see it as anything other than the media trying to make somethin' outta nuthin'.

Skins fans should be better than this, we need to walk away from this and just ignore the idiots trying to keep it rolling.

The OP of this thread is just awesome to read.

I agree. Injuries and illnesses happen. If anyone knows this, it is Mike Shanahan. He got hit pretty hard last year by itself. I know I would feel comfortable with Kirk Cousins coming in for either a series or a couple games if something were to happen to RG3 instead of Grossman.

If you don't remember, it was only months ago that a majority of the fans were calling for a one John Beck to start instead of Grossman. Let me repeat that. We were demanding John Beck to start instead of Rex. John Beck. Selective memory is sure to come in play for many of us here... "What? I didn't want John Beck to play at all" Ha, yes you did. :)

Anyways, the original post is awesome, and what happened in the draft is awesome. I agree with it. If we have to play Rex later in the season for an uncontrolled reason, that is not good news.

Embrace our new found reality!

If the Kolb and Flynn are any sign to anyone, the luxury of having a developmental QB who can actually start is worth the pick. There was no mystery why MS took Cousins. He'll step right in with RGIII and develop at a similar rate being drafted at the same time. Both of them will stand on their own two feet and the upside is well worth the 4th round pick.

What did the Eagles and the Packers get for their 'Cousins'???

Eagles got a starting CB and a second round pick....

Packers were in position to get a second for Flynn before the end of the season but screwed up and didn't get a deal done because the franchise tag would have cost 14 million. That won't happen with Bruce Allen.

We will get a second round pick for our backup after year 2. If the last game of the season doesn't factor then Cousins will get his showtime and make his money like Flynn did. It's a very different approach that's worked well and should pay off nice. Love the pick!

Kirk Cousins is not an "insurance policy in case RG3 bust". He is a back-up quarterback that we can train in our offense, who can back-up Robert Griffin III and potentially start if need be, and possibly we can use as trade bait down the line.
You can get a backup QB anywhere in the draft, or through free agency. And that's if you don't want Rex to be the backup, even though he knows the system and the team likes him.
As for the need for "rotational players" elsewhere...where? Defensive line? Our rotation at this moment consists of Adam Carriker, Jarvis Jenkins, Chris Neild, Barry Cofield, Stephen Bowen, Chris Baker, Darrion Scott, Doug Worthington, Kedric Golston, and Kentwan Balmer. Even considering that some of those guys might get cut in camp...that's some ridiculous depth on the defensive line.
This isn't an all-star list, it's a list of players on a 5-11 team. And not a true nose tackle among them. Currently our starter NT is Barry Cofield at 6-4 306. And we are incredibly thin in talent after Cofield, Bowen, and hopefully Jenkins. (I think Carriker's underrated, but I don't think he's nearly as high regarded as the other starters.) Alameda Ta'amu, who's expected to start Week One for the Pittsburgh Steelers if Casey Hampton is unable to play, could certainly crack this lineup.
Offensive line? We still left the draft with three offensive lineman. So now we've got Trent Williams, Kory, Cook, Monty, JB, Chester, Polumbus, Hurt, Willie Smith, James Lee, Adam Gettis, Josh LeRibeus, Tom Compton, Josh Oglesby, and then we've got guys who got futures contracts from the practice squad. Again, even if you consider some of those guys getting cut, we suddenly look to have some real good depth, right?
This is the line that last season we expected RG3 to get killed behind. LeRibeus might work out, but just want to throw this in, because it's funny. I know it's not rocket science, but I thought intelligence was required for the ZBS.

LeRibeus curses, apologizes, curses again. (snip, another funny bit) “There’s this place down here called Dickey’s. They have a thing where you can get all the veggies you want, and by veggies I mean mac ’n cheese and mashed potatoes.”

Gettis and Compton may work out, too. I don't know if people saying Gettis is a better prospect than LeRibeus is praise of Gettis or criticism of LB. But Phillip Blake and Joe Looney (drafted by the Niners in their ZBS scheme), were both picked in the fourth and should have at least as much ability to contribute as the guys we did bring in, certainly more than Cousins will unless RG3 busts.

Wide receiver? Josh Morgan, Pierre Garcon, Santana Moss, Jabar Gaffney, Hankerson, Terrence Austin, Anthony Armstrong, Aldrick Robinson.

Tight End? Cooley, David, Logan Paulson, Richard Quinn, Niles Paul is changing positions, Robert Myers.

With our depth and WR FAs, I didn't suggest spending a 4th rounder on these positions.
We signed a host of safeties, and the fact is, other than Minnifield (who had a medical issue), the best corners, guys that our insiders told us we were probably looking at, guys like Dwight Bentley and Casey Heyward were off the board, and Boykin had a medical question mark. The last few corners with real chances of starting are off the board, there were no safeties worth taking (as evidenced by the fact that no safeties were taking in the 4th round.)
Great info about the draft secondary thanks. Question, not arguing: So you think Boykin, who's still projected to be a speedster, wouldn't be a great asset to our secondary not known for it's 1-1 cover guys?
So at that point, when the guys you target are off your board, and you're looking at potentially having a lot of depth at a lot of different positions, and Kirk Cousins is sticking out on the board like a sore thumb, and he's the best player available...you take the best player available on your board. Period.
I think everybody in the 3rd and 4th round is usually depth (Ta'amu being kind of an exception with the Steelers, with Hampton's uncertainty). All the guys we picked 4th round and later are depth with the possibility of starting. Except Cousins with whom, unless he's the next Tom Brady, we're screwed if he has to see significant playing time the next couple seasons.

The guys I listed here and in my previous posts including good LB picks (Brandon, Wilber), could contribute immediately and have a chance to start even if things go well for us. Cousins is only starting if we have a disaster.

And I don't like our odds of getting a high draft pick for Cousins. Maybe I'm wrong, considering not every team spends a mid rounder on a QB backup, but for every time a backup QB garnishes a good pick in trade, I see 31 other backups that don't.

---------- Post added May-1st-2012 at 10:25 PM ----------

Those guys he mentioned had a real chance to be a starter. Those starters that are already on our team only have an imaginary chance to be a starter. Same with our other draft picks.
Lol, good one. What I mean is, the guys we passed over in the 4th round have far, far, more chance to start and help us win than Cousins. If Cousins starts, unless he's Tom Brady 2.0, we're in trouble with a 5-11 team with no #1 draft pick the next two years.

1.) The Niners don't play a ZBS, they play a man power scheme. They run power, a lot.

2.) What it really comes down to, is guys you personally like and feel would've been better, and guys the coaches evaluated and liked and felt would be the best.

We got a chance to work out or at least watch Ta'amu up close during Senior Bowl week. During Senior Bowl week, Ta'amu flashed the ability to be an effective nose, but his effort was reported to be spotty and he never really dominated or anything in one-on-one drills, and he was once again inconsistent during the game proper. Same thing with Boykin; much as I like Boykin, clearly they weren't comfortable with his medical outlook (the two concussions and the injury suffered in the senior Bowl), and given that Raheem coached him personally and we saw him work all we wanted, some combination of those two factors gave us pause, and we got a guy in Minnefield who, while he has injury concerns of his own, was at least as good, if not better than Boykin.

All the tape I've see of Kyle Wilber suggest that he was an outside linebacker, not an inside linebacker, which is the area we needed work in. And Wakeforest sort of plays a 3-4 defense, so he was a stand up, outside linebacker that we'd then be projecting maybe to move inside. Outside, we like what we have in Rak, Rob Jackson, Kerrigan, LoAx and Markus White looked good the last time I saw him play. In that case, Wilber would not be able to start or contribute immediately, unless he played teams. He could end up getting stuck behind everyone else.

Nigel Bradham (I think that's who you mean) was another guy who we worked with at the Senior Bowl who we got first hand experience coaching. This is why being able to coach the Senior Bowl was so great for us. So we evaluated him, he had a solid week by all accounts, got a sack in the game...but apparently we didn't figure he was fit for us. And that's okay. Sometimes guys aren't fits. Philip Blake was another guy we got to work with at the Senior Bowl. So was Joe Looney. Looney got hurt, like, the first day he was on North team, and Blake had a solid week by all accounts, but again, he wasn't a fit for us.

So we got to evaluate these guys on tape, and then we go to coach them in the Senior Bowl, and then we probably went by and watched MORE tape...and decided to pass.

I don't think this decision was made hastily or without thinking. Clearly we assembled our board with all the available knowledge we could, and particularly given that we coached a lot of these later round guys in the Senior Bowl.

There's also no guarantee that any of those guys are more or less likely to start. The guy we got aren't shiny and sexy. We got three big uglies that none of us really talked about before the draft. (And by the way--I don't think a guy cursing or joking around is any indication of their intelligence. Pretty insulting to the kid considering we don't know him.) This draft was thin at a lot of positions we needed. Some people feel we need a nose tackle (even though the coaches really like Cofield and he played well doing what they wanted him to do in the scheme)---the draft was really, REALLY thin on the d-line for two-gapping nose tackles. We're thin at corner; the draft was thin for legit starting corners in later rounds. We're thin at safety---the draft class at safety sucked.

We built our board. We followed our board.

1.) The Niners don't play a ZBS, they play a man power scheme. They run power, a lot.

2.) What it really comes down to, is guys you personally like and feel would've been better, and guys the coaches evaluated and liked and felt would be the best.

We got a chance to work out or at least watch Ta'amu up close during Senior Bowl week. During Senior Bowl week, Ta'amu flashed the ability to be an effective nose, but his effort was reported to be spotty and he never really dominated or anything in one-on-one drills, and he was once again inconsistent during the game proper. Same thing with Boykin; much as I like Boykin, clearly they weren't comfortable with his medical outlook (the two concussions and the injury suffered in the senior Bowl), and given that Raheem coached him personally and we saw him work all we wanted, some combination of those two factors gave us pause, and we got a guy in Minnefield who, while he has injury concerns of his own, was at least as good, if not better than Boykin.

All the tape I've see of Kyle Wilber suggest that he was an outside linebacker, not an inside linebacker, which is the area we needed work in. And Wakeforest sort of plays a 3-4 defense, so he was a stand up, outside linebacker that we'd then be projecting maybe to move inside. Outside, we like what we have in Rak, Rob Jackson, Kerrigan, LoAx and Markus White looked good the last time I saw him play. In that case, Wilber would not be able to start or contribute immediately, unless he played teams. He could end up getting stuck behind everyone else.

Nigel Bradham (I think that's who you mean) was another guy who we worked with at the Senior Bowl who we got first hand experience coaching. This is why being able to coach the Senior Bowl was so great for us. So we evaluated him, he had a solid week by all accounts, got a sack in the game...but apparently we didn't figure he was fit for us. And that's okay. Sometimes guys aren't fits. Philip Blake was another guy we got to work with at the Senior Bowl. So was Joe Looney. Looney got hurt, like, the first day he was on North team, and Blake had a solid week by all accounts, but again, he wasn't a fit for us.

So we got to evaluate these guys on tape, and then we go to coach them in the Senior Bowl, and then we probably went by and watched MORE tape...and decided to pass.

I don't think this decision was made hastily or without thinking. Clearly we assembled our board with all the available knowledge we could, and particularly given that we coached a lot of these later round guys in the Senior Bowl.

There's also no guarantee that any of those guys are more or less likely to start. The guy we got aren't shiny and sexy. We got three big uglies that none of us really talked about before the draft. (And by the way--I don't think a guy cursing or joking around is any indication of their intelligence. Pretty insulting to the kid considering we don't know him.) This draft was thin at a lot of positions we needed. Some people feel we need a nose tackle (even though the coaches really like Cofield and he played well doing what they wanted him to do in the scheme)---the draft was really, REALLY thin on the d-line for two-gapping nose tackles. We're thin at corner; the draft was thin for legit starting corners in later rounds. We're thin at safety---the draft class at safety sucked.

We built our board. We followed our board.

Agree or disagree, appreciate the info. Good food for thought, thanks.

On LeRibeus, I'm mainly joking now for comments similar to Grimm's "I'm going to Seattle" quote.

Quick point of emphasis Re: players instead of Cousins--

Lots of reoccurring players mentioned, namely Ta'amu, Massie, Boykin, etc.

I think it's important to remember that some of those were still on the board when we picked Robinson at #119. Brandon Boykin, James-Michael Johnson, Ron Brooks, Ronnell Lewis, all of those guys were there at our 2nd pick. If we wanted them, they were ours.

*Note: I understand that, for some, that isn't the point. And that the point is Cousins shouldn't have been taken at all. Just pointing out that the Cousins pick didn't necessarily preclude us from drafting some of those names.

Quick point of emphasis Re: players instead of Cousins--

Lots of reoccurring players mentioned, namely Ta'amu, Massie, Boykin, etc.

I think it's important to remember that some of those were still on the board when we picked Robinson at #119. Brandon Boykin, James-Michael Johnson, Ron Brooks, Ronnell Lewis, all of those guys were there at our 2nd pick. If we wanted them, they were ours.

*Note: I understand that, for some, that isn't the point. And that the point is Cousins shouldn't have been taken at all. Just pointing out that the Cousins pick didn't necessarily preclude us from drafting some of those names.

Exactly. We had our shot, and we passed by a lot of those guys twice. A lot of whom we worked with at the Senior Bowl to boot.

Sure that maybe part of it because it extremeskins and were fans and thats what we do, but what it actually comes down to is what people type in their posts.

Not what you claim it comes down to.

And many have stated their point isn't about which players they 'personally' liked it was about benefit of using a 4th round pick which potentially addressed a future need at back-up QB vs drafting a position that potentially provides both immediate on the field benefit and long term benefit.

That argument for which players was actually at the request of the mods.

Another way to frame my point: I view the rookie year and future on the field benefit from a back-up QB that reaches their potential to be less beneficial then the on the field benefit of any other position that reaches their potential.

Its easy to say Cousins was the right pick because we picked him.

So obviously he was the highest rated player on our board, therefore it makes shooting holes at other possible prospects easy because we didn't pick them.

But only time will tell.

I'm not gonna sit here and shot holes at Cousins because I actually like him as a prospect but lets not pretend that the other teams that passed on him don't see holes in his game either, all prospects will have flaws.

We won't know whether it was the right/wrong decision unless we can see the future.

But specific to Ta'amu:

During Senior Bowl week, Ta'amu flashed the ability to be an effective nose, but his effort was reported to be spotty and he never really dominated or anything in one-on-one drills, and he was once again inconsistent during the game proper.
Cool, now were actually talking some football.

And I watched the practices and the Senior Bowl game and if you saw or the reports you read said that Ta'amu effort was spotty and he never really dominated in one-on-one situations then I not only disagree but I wonder what you saw or read. I thought Ta'amu looked like a 34 scheme specific 2-gap or 1 gap NT. And apparently the Steelers a team that (a) historically drafts well (B) runs our same defensive scheme, traded up ironically enough with us to draft him so obviously he was a valueable player on their board.

But, again only time will tell.

Here's one report of from the Senior Bowl

Alameda Ta'amu/DT/Washington: If scouts were hoping to be wowed by Ta'amu, all they need to due is watch the Senior Bowl game film. The big defensive tackle was dominant every time he lined up and was a constant nuisance for opponents. He collapsed the pocket on several occasions, overpowering opponents to make plays behind the line of scrimmage or force the action. His quarterback pressure at the end of the first half ended what looked to be a potential scoring drive for the South. In the second half the South was forced to double team Ta'amu in the attempt to slow him down.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/01/28/senior-bowl-risers-and-sliders/index.html#ixzz1tgjurSE8

---------- Post added May-2nd-2012 at 02:05 AM ----------

Here's my complete view on the Cousins pick from the 2 QBs thread: (only posting it to pre-empty false assumptions about my viewpoint)

---------- Post added May-2nd-2012 at 02:23 AM ----------

LeRibeus might work out, but just want to throw this in, because it's funny. I know it's not rocket science, but I thought intelligence was required for the ZBS.

LeRibeus curses, apologizes, curses again. (snip, another funny bit) “There’s this place down here called Dickey’s. They have a thing where you can get all the veggies you want, and by veggies I mean mac ’n cheese and mashed potatoes.”

Gettis and Compton may work out, too. I don't know if people saying Gettis is a better prospect than LeRibeus is praise of Gettis or criticism of LB. But Phillip Blake and Joe Looney (drafted by the Niners in their ZBS scheme), were both picked in the fourth and should have at least as much ability to contribute as the guys we did bring in, certainly more than Cousins will unless RG3 busts.

Off topic but lol 'by veggies I mean mac ’n cheese and mashed potatoes.

Gil Brandt said some good things about LeRibeus pre-draft (great feet/starters potential) but that interview clinches it, lol that dude has the mentality of an lineman.

I would have liked the Phil Blake, for the connection to Griff alone, but he was taken 1 pick before we traded with the Steelers.

I think LeRibeus competes and could win a starting OG in training camp.

I spoke on those specific guys because HailGreen specifically mentioned those guys as people we could've drafted with our 4th round pick, in addition to others, not just here, but elsewhere and in other threads, who have mentioned specific guys we could've/should've drafted instead.

Moreover, HailGreen doesn't need you to fight his battles for him, greenie.

Archived