Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need to draft 2 QBs

Riggo-toni

Simple, we traded our #6 overall this year's draft, our 2012 1st rounder, and our 2013 1st rounder. And our second rounder this year's draft. That's 3 1st rounders and a 2nd. In exchange we got the Ram's #2 overall pick, which we used to get Griffin.

Ergo, we invested 3 first rounders and a second rounder in RG3. That's what we spent to get him. Does anyone not understand this? If you don't, where do you think this years first and second and our next two drafts' first round picks went?

Yes we gave them three first rounders. They gave us their first rounder. Flip it over...what did the Rams invest to get all those picks?

No I'm not...what exactly are we agreeing on. I'm tired, so maybe I'm missing something here.

Uhhh.

That we gave up two first rounders. We didn't give up three. We moved up this year. We didn't lose the pick. We only lost two first rounders.

Uhhh.

That we gave up two first rounders. We didn't give up three. We moved up this year. We didn't lose the pick. We only lost two first rounders.

ok, great. So what is all the fussing about?

:ols:

seriously, I thought we were arguing two different things. Been a long day

What do the last 20 years have to do with Shanahan?

And did I miss RG3's rookie season? You somehow seem to know he wasn't developed already. I want the number of your crystal ball guy.

everything. There is one constant. This dumb fan base. Because we drafted two, we might be doing a disservice to RG3.

If you think RG3 won't require any development i want what you are smoking lol

everything. There is one constant. This dumb fan base. Because we drafted two, we might be doing a disservice to RG3.

And if you think drafting Cousins has any effect whatsoever on Griffin, I want no part of what you're smoking.

ok, great. So what is all the fussing about?

:ols:

seriously, I thought we were arguing two different things. Been a long day

skinfan2k disagreed with me saying we gave up the same amount of draft choices the Raiders did for Palmer.

First off, did you just imply I was dumb? Second off - Nevermind. Not going to say anything. Don't want to get myself banned.

Yes we gave them three first rounders. They gave us their first rounder. Flip it over...what did the Rams invest to get all those picks?
Looked that way, they gave us their first rounder, which we used on RG3. In addition to the two first rounders and second rounder we traded to swap first rounders with them this draft. We're still out three first rounders and a second, once we make our pick.

The Rams invested their original first rounder this draft in a trade with us, and got 3 1st rounders (2012,2013,2014) and a 2nd(2012) in exchange. Simple.

skinfan2k and his math skills.

First off, did you just imply I was dumb? Second off - Nevermind. Not going to say anything. Don't want to get myself banned.

KDawg, its hard to explain. Living in DC you would realize the # of idiotic redskins fans and general football fans in general. I never said that we gave up 3 1st round picks, i said we invested 3 1st round picks. There is a huge difference.

KDawg, its hard to explain. Living in DC you would realize the # of idiotic redskins fans and general football fans in general. I never said that we gave up 3 1st round picks, i said we invested 3 1st round picks. There is a huge difference.

Okay, so, we'll chalk this up to a wording differential and I'll go to bed. My head hurts.

Just so I'm clear. We're still working on Semantic Worlds principle here right? Give up/ Invested- Who's checking when it's all the same thing out there.

Hail.

Just so I'm clear. We're still working on Semantic Worlds principle here right? Give up/ Invested- Who's checking when it's all the same thing out there.

Hail.

Yes! Invested, spent, used, that's the same.

I think some people are just looking at it, just in terms of the trade by itself. Looked another way, we spent 2 1st and a 2nd, to swap 1sts with the Rams. That's 2 1sts and a 2nd we lost so far.

Now when we spend that 1st we just got on RG3, that's 3 1st and a 2nd we've spent to get him. Simple.

This all reminds me of the ol' one about the Eskimo who breaks down driving through Wales, to be told by a helpfull Welshman after he's popped the hood 'I'm no expert, but I think you've blown a seal.' 'So what?' replies the angry Eskimo, 'you **** shee ..... I'ma leave it and depart stage left.

Hail.

No. Shanny probably did fine on his other picks. But as a team that finished last in our division (again),

Instead we got an insurance policy for a case where if RG3 busts, we're screwed anyways.

I think we should have gotten a sixth-seventh rounder or QB FA, for someone to try beating out Rex Grossman. I'm reading other poster's comments that Cousins probably won't unseat Rex this season anyways.

Lemme clarify my position: I'm not happy in principle over spending 3 first rounders and a second rounder on one guy, but if RG3 elevates to the next level like we hope, then we're back to at least respectability for the first time since Gibbs 2.0. I'm happy overall with Shanny's drafting otherwise. But when we've gone all in for RG3, taking a flyer on a fourth where we know Shanny can find good players, doesn't make sense to me.

I get why you feel that way, but I think you under value exactly as I spelled out before exactly how bad the QB play hurt the team last year. You think the team is still rebuilding, I don't think Shanahan is acting as if that is true. He drafted for depth as he stated. He saw an opportunity to get a high value backup at QB, cut loose another one and save a million against the cap. Might not make sense to you, but I can see why they choose to go that route. I like the draft and I like the UDFA's brought in to address the other positions of need.

I get why you feel that way, but I think you under value exactly as I spelled out before exactly how bad the QB play hurt the team last year. You think the team is still rebuilding, I don't think Shanahan is acting as if that is true. He drafted for depth as he stated. He saw an opportunity to get a high value backup at QB, cut loose another one and save a million against the cap. Might not make sense to you, but I can see why they choose to go that route. I like the draft and I like the UDFA's brought in to address the other positions of need.
Yeah, I believe Shanny and Allen when they've said for awhile they don't believe in rebuilding. They've still done a great job of filling holes left by Vinny. I'd like to agree to disagree with you on what kind of hole they should have spent a 4th rounder on. Hail.

And leaving on a math note... I think a Redskins fan came up with this fallacy in some argument:

5fgg9i.jpg

Maybe we didn't draft 2 QBs after all...... (cue twilight music)......

I haven't found one media pundit who likes drafting Cousins.

We have so many holes and are invested in Griffin. It makes no sense. I really hate that we drafted Cousins it already has caused a lot of drama.

Todd Mcshay

Matt Hasselbeck

are 2 that loved the pick.

I'm sure there are more.

Anyway...who cares what the pundits say.

Archived