Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need to draft 2 QBs

Riggo-toni

How did it set us back three 1st round selections?

Well because we used 1 pick on him and then we are unable to use the other 2 1st round picks that we would have had. In reality selecting any player would yield on a pick being used on him, but we lost out on the opportunity to add 2 more players

So Shanahan is lying when he says he got the OL, CB and Lber he wanted anyway?
No. Shanny probably did fine on his other picks. But as a team that finished last in our division (again), we had a lot more holes than picks. Especially when you consider the need for rotational guys, and players with injury histories or one failed drug test away from major suspension. Shanny should have picked up another player that can contribute if RG3 doesn't bust.

Instead we got an insurance policy for a case where if RG3 busts, we're screwed anyways.

I believe the more knowledgeable posters here that Massie really isn't a fit for the ZBS after all. By my count, that still leaves at least 5-6 guys we could have chosen from, to get a player that could meaningfully contribute this season.

I think we should have gotten a sixth-seventh rounder or QB FA, for someone to try beating out Rex Grossman. I'm reading other poster's comments that Cousins probably won't unseat Rex this season anyways. But I think Cousins or a decent 6th/7th/FA QB could beat Rex for the backup position in a couple years anyways. Why spend a 4th on a player with such little impact? Looks to me like for every season a backup QB getting a high draft pick in trade, there were about 31 other backup QBs that didn't. Why play those odds?

Lemme clarify my position: I'm not happy in principle over spending 3 first rounders and a second rounder on one guy, but if RG3 elevates to the next level like we hope, then we're back to at least respectability for the first time since Gibbs 2.0. I'm happy overall with Shanny's drafting otherwise. But when we've gone all in for RG3, taking a flyer on a fourth where we know Shanny can find good players, doesn't make sense to me.

Yes.

thank you. So if we had a first round pick in 2012, and we used that first round pick on RG3....how exactly do we come up short THREE first round picks. If we gave up three first round picks to get RG3, than we couldn't have picked up RG3....because it took a FIRST ROUND PICK in 2012 to get RG3.

:bash head with hammer smiley we used to have:

thank you. So if we had a first round pick in 2012, and we used that first round pick on RG3....how exactly do we come up short THREE first round picks. If we gave up three first round picks to get RG3, than we couldn't have picked up RG3....because it took a FIRST ROUND PICK in 2012 to get RG3.

Apparently we GAVE UP 3 1st round picks regardless.

I need to lie down.

Preferably in a padded room before I do something to someone I shouldn't.

Hail.

You realize you're agreeing with GHH and I, right?

Or are you trying to make me power bomb a baby seal?

RG3 is the one we are going to develop lol! and have you not seen the last 20 years lol!

What do the last 20 years have to do with Shanahan?

And did I miss RG3's rookie season? You somehow seem to know he wasn't developed already. I want the number of your crystal ball guy.

Simple, we traded our #6 overall this year's draft, our 2013 1st rounder, and our 2014 1st rounder. And our second rounder this year's draft. That's 3 1st rounders and a 2nd. In exchange we got the Ram's #2 overall pick, which we used to get Griffin.

Ergo, we invested 3 first rounders and a second rounder in RG3. That's what we spent to get him. Does anyone not understand this? If you don't, where do you think this years first and second and our next two drafts' first round picks went?

edit: By comparison, we invested a 4th rounder in Cousins, which makes *my* head hurt. So you guys getting a headache in this thread aren't alone.

*In a list ditch move to save the lovable big eyed wonders of the sea:

Maybe it's simple semantics.

In topsy-turvy Semantic Land, you literally give up 3 1st's, regardless of getting 1 back in return. So whilst in effect even in this crazy far flung corner of the Universe, you still only gave up 2 picks; in Semantic Land reality you ALWAYS gave up the original 3.

And now my head is spinning faster than a fast spinning spinning thang.

Hail.

*Edit* And just HOW the Hell did PCS get a hold of my HS Math Paper final? And just WHAT the Hell else does he know? And for the record, as bad as that looks, I want it noting for the record my handwriting's improved since then.

Cancell the padded room. I have a hard drive to wipe .....

Archived