Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ummm guys....

TK

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Stop still my joy..... atleast for tonite....lol

Not sure that Andrew Luck wouldn't be a bad "consultation" prize. lol

However, on that note, I'm not a big college football fan, so I'm going off of the "experts" and my ES family on how good RGIII is, and will welcome him. If he's as good and has the potential that everyone says he has, then a couple of pieces and the NFC East is ours for the taking.

I know everyone seems to be happy with the 'Skins getting the #2 pick, but would there be more or less happiness if Roger Goodell on draft days says this: "With the 1st pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select, quarterback from Baylor, Robert Griffin III."

:ols: I been thinking about that all night. I am not going to lie, I probably would be devastated for a minute or two...

Sometime within the last couple of months in the Draft database thread some of us were thinking that the Redskins could be behind this RG3 hype machine to make teams want to draft him while we swoope under everybody and get Luck.

But like you said Luck is the best consolation prize ever.

QFT. When my buddy text me and said we just traded for the 2nd pick, I said to myself damn, I don't know who i'd be happier with, because what if the horseshoe does pull a crazy ivan on draft day and grab RG3? But does it really matter? We're either going to get a very highly prospected heismann trophy winner, who's about as dynamic a player as you can get at the moment (considering what the league is slowly morphing into). Or, we're going to get a QB that most "experts" have predicted as the most all around prototypical QB to come into the league since Elway. I like our choices :ols:

:ols: I been thinking about that all night. I am not going to lie, I probably would be devastated for a minute or two...

Sometime within the last couple of months in the Draft database thread some of us were thinking that the Redskins could be behind this RG3 hype machine to make teams want to draft him while we swoope under everybody and get Luck.

we can alll debate the compensation for the #2 pick but that we are about to land an absolute stud QB is basicaly beyond debate. EITHER one of these guys is an absolute home run. That's why we make the deal by the way. Do you think Shannallen didn't consider this possibility? The fact that they made this deal means they are absolutely fine with either, as they should be. Luck would not be a consolation prize. He's better than RG3 (albeit only slightly and arguably dependent on what system). He is like drafting peyton manning early in his career. He is basically as "can't miss" as it gets. We are getting an all world prospect regardless. I am thrilled!

You know I had a thought about this. Now that the Skins are #2. What are the odds, Indy tries to negotiate with both RG III and Luck? Is that a possibility? If both stone wall then who do you take if you are Indy? I really don't know.

You know I had a thought about this. Now that the Skins are #2. What are the odds, Indy tries to negotiate with both RG III and Luck? Is that a possibility? If both stone wall then who do you take if you are Indy? I really don't know.

I think if you are picking 1 you can negotiate with whoever you want. Isn't that what Houston did with Mario Williams and Vince Young?

Very glad the suspense is over. Was not looking forward to a nerve wracking draft day.

Now the suspense to see if he's worth it.

If RG3 can excel at the next level, we are finally getting somewhere.

If not, this is worse than the Mike Ditka trade. If this were the old front office, this would be a move just to sell jerseys and tickets.

Hoping for the best.

8. Please use descriptive and accurate topic titles for your thread.

Adherence to this rule assists visitors in utilizing discretion when selecting content to read. It serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed and potentially prevents multiple threads on the exact same topic. Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content, without the editorializing of titles by members.

We are having a preponderance of threads being started, particularly in the Stadium forum, where a title of 2 to 3 non-descriptive words is used. This shows a lack of courtesy to your fellow members. With an ever-increasing number of new threads every day, and an expanding member base, members become more selective about which threads to open and spend their time reading, and which ones to bypass. They cannot do that if the thread titles are 'Guess what?', 'Hey, I just noticed...', or 'WTF!' You are also creating extra work for the Staff who, instead of just merging redundant, repetitive threads based on accurate titles, now has to open each one up and try and figure out where it belongs. So, regardless of the forum, if your thread title is simply "Santana Moss" or any other person's name and nothing else, you may find yourself in the No New Threads group. In all our forums, we expect accurate and clear descriptions of your topic in your title.

Sorry, couldn't help pulling your chain. I'll take my punishment, but I just couldn't help it.

Everyone is so excited about RG3 and it get that, but how do we know the Colts wont pick him?

Well one thing is for certain: They can't choose two people with the 1 pick. Either way we get a solid QB when it's all said and done. Smile, it's okay to be happy when the Skins do things right.

8. Please use descriptive and accurate topic titles for your thread.

Adherence to this rule assists visitors in utilizing discretion when selecting content to read. It serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed and potentially prevents multiple threads on the exact same topic. Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content, without the editorializing of titles by members.

We are having a preponderance of threads being started, particularly in the Stadium forum, where a title of 2 to 3 non-descriptive words is used. This shows a lack of courtesy to your fellow members. With an ever-increasing number of new threads every day, and an expanding member base, members become more selective about which threads to open and spend their time reading, and which ones to bypass. They cannot do that if the thread titles are 'Guess what?', 'Hey, I just noticed...', or 'WTF!' You are also creating extra work for the Staff who, instead of just merging redundant, repetitive threads based on accurate titles, now has to open each one up and try and figure out where it belongs. So, regardless of the forum, if your thread title is simply "Santana Moss" or any other person's name and nothing else, you may find yourself in the No New Threads group. In all our forums, we expect accurate and clear descriptions of your topic in your title.

Sorry, couldn't help pulling your chain. I'll take my punishment, but I just couldn't help it.

welcome to the NNT club, TK!

(jk, jk)

seriously though ... so psyched to be a redskins fan right now.

lol. Poor Cleveland

Yeah it's funny because as much as some people in here are upset over the picks, I don't think I've read anything good about Cleveland NOT beating our trade offer. If Cleveland had beat it, I just don't imagine I'd be thinking, "well, at least we have that extra pick in 3 years. Yeah, I'd much rather have that extra pick than a QB."

I know it was a huge price, but in this case the risk is definitely worth it.

Here's an ESPN article: "Losing out on RG3 is devastating to the Browns"

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/43621/losing-out-on-rg3-is-devastating-to-browns

I think if you are picking 1 you can negotiate with whoever you want. Isn't that what Houston did with Mario Williams and Vince Young?

All I know is that once Luck signs with the Colts prior to the draft, we can begin negotiations with RG3.

Either way, would you be all that upset with Luck if they take RG3?

I'm seeing a lot of the responses on ESPN.com from other fans, and it really is amazing to me how braindead people can be

"Lulz, the Redskins just traded away their entire draft."

"Dan Snyder just can't resist to make the big splash"

"He needs to be locked away in a closet until training camp"

"Man, yo, they gave up three first rounders (2013,2014,2015)! :ols:

"Offseason champ strikes again"

I normally shy away from this kind of talk, but I seriously wonder what the reaction would've been if any other franchise made this move. I guess that's what 12+ years of ****ty management can do to a teams reputation.

The excitement should be tempered a little with the fact that the Rams would rather pay Bradford more and keep him than "trade" him for RG3 and pay less (yes, heard it from TK first). Wonder what the FO would have given for Bradford.

Ok, did get a chuckle out of that one.

Archived