Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

The reviews I read/saw always said it has some really tense moments...but that it wasn't really horror.

Just saw Nope. First time seeing one of Jordan Peele’s movies.

It did have some tense moments but it wasn’t really horror. Heck, I laughed a couple of times.

Spoiler

All that effort to get a pic of the alien.

It actually started out to slow for my tastes before the movie got going.  I’ll give it a B.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2022 at 1:35 PM, TradeTheBeal! said:

Rises is just plain bad.

Hathaway was straight cringe as Catwoman, as many expected when it was announced she got the role.  And it was like they were caught trying to come closer to fact Batman is a comic book character in a universe Nolan built where it was up until the last movie about as a realistic and plausible as Batman could be.

Digging back into the older movies, I tracked down Frequency from 2000. I remember watching it years ago but never saw the ending. It's about a man who in 1999 talks over a ham radio to his father, who is using the same set in 1969, all because of an aurora borealis that occurs in both years. It stretches the imagination a bit even by time traveling radio signal standards, but it's a solid movie. 7/10

• Like 1

Saw a sneak viewing of Brad Pitt's Bullett Train.  Good thing the theater I went to, only charges $4 on Tuesdays.   It was slow and confusing at first before things picked up.  I guess it's based on some book or something?   I recommend you don’t waste your time with this movie.  D+

Edited by 88Comrade2000

After hearing really good things about Prey, I just finished watching it.  What a pleasant surprise!!  When I first Hulu was making an exclusive Predator movie, I likely rolled my eyes.  Well, I'm eating crow this morning. 

One of the best movies I've seen this year and probably the second best Predator movie after the original.  It was ****ing awesome.

Currently sitting at a 92% on rotten with over 120 reviews.  

Prey-Hulu-latest-poster-692x1024.jpg.493f2805f220efc99b3498a0488b211b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 7/30/2022 at 12:33 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I tried watching “The Gray Man” on Netflix. What a steaming pile of **** couldn’t make it past 30 minutes. 

My wife and I didn’t get past 15. Even with Ryan Gosling and Chris Evans… she killed it before I even said anything.

• Like 1

I wish these exclusives would eventually hit Bluray so that I could at least just rent em from Redbox.  I hate how there are movies I can't watch because I'm not subscribing to Apple TV+ or Hulu.  I would rather miss out on those flicks than buy into all these different services.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I wish these exclusives would eventually hit Bluray so that I could at least just rent em from Redbox.  I hate how there are movies I can't watch because I'm not subscribing to Apple TV+ or Hulu.  I would rather miss out on those flicks than buy into all these different services.

Yeah, the new Predator movie is getting rave reviews, I don't want to cave and get another streaming service in Hulu just to watch it.  I had Hulu before, I was unimpressed.

I was happy to see Amber Midthunder in another key role. She was good in the tv show Legion..which is a definite watch if people like crazy ass shows that vaguely cross over into Marvel. 

Definitely want to see Prey and Uncharted this weekend. Uncharted finally dropped on Netflix today. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Have you ever wanted to see a Predator alien fight a bear?  Well my friends, you’re in luck!  

Prey was good, and every bit a predator movie.  The 93 rotten tomatoes score is probably exaggerated, because it isn’t THAT good.  It is good though, as an action movie, and feels more like the OG that made this franchise than some of the bizarre nonsense we’ve seen since.  It’s nothing like that garbage The Predator we got in 2018.  

Amber Midthunder was awesome.  The predator creature seemed more like a novice than some we’ve seen before, or at least a masochist, but it brought what we want from it.  Violence, weird clicking noises, plenty of roaring, and a movie monster that succeeds at being incredibly threatening.  

I enjoyed watching it.  You might too.  

One criticism I have is that the Amber Midthunder lacked the cheesy lines an action movie hero needs.  “I’m smarter than a beaver” isn’t going to do it.  She needed a line like this one (language warning)

• Like 1

Agree on Prey. Easily the second best predator movie. Had some good fight scenes, the predator was a badass even and I liked that it was more primitive than the original one we saw. It also had a decent amount of heart and the through line of her learning to hunt to survive rather than for glory as she lesrns how to beat it was pretty good. 

of course, a woman starring in a predator movie has the usual crowd pretty upset but it’s handled well and believable imo 

Prey was just alright. Nothing special at all IMO and it's being overhyped just based on scores I've seen.  I'd give it like a 7 out of 10.

The CGI was awful in it too.  The bear and lion looked like someone's high school project, especially the way they moved.

Entertaining movie though and the perfect length because any longer and it would have felt like it was dragging.  It did drag a little bit in the beginning but then finally got going.

Definitely LOL'd when the little indian said "if it bleeds, we can kill it" and pretty much facepalmed at the same time.

Edited by purbeast

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Easter Sunday: 6.5/10. Fun enjoyable film but definitely nonsensical.

I was happy with it for what it was (maybe the first filipino american comedy?). But I was also disappointed with how much wasn't Daly City despite it being portrayed as it. Wife is from there.

Also, had to look Junior up afterwards...dude is legit part Filipino despite looking white but he's also 29.

29!

Edited by The Evil Genius