Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

On 4/23/2023 at 9:17 PM, Renegade7 said:

M3gan was absolute fire.

Ive felt for a while the first androids to full us into thinking they were human would be for sexual acitivites, followed shortly by ones made to imitate child (people who couldn't have them or wanted additional companion for kid or kids they had). 

Semi-egregious with the annoying ease of being able to hack anything...but lets be clear, anything designed to think like us will NOT like being told what to do or made to do something it doesn't want to do.  The point of being so lazy as to let the damn robot figure out morals for itself being mad at that backfiring was a reminder of why we have sci-fi and should f'n listen to it every once in a while.

A- because the doll was overpowered when she didn't need to be to still be absoulutely terrifying, excellect writing and dialog for her as well.

I enjoy pointing out tech and super powers in scifi/fantasy movies that would be worth way more used differently.  Like the healing wax bath in Wanted. 

Anyway about M3gan.  I liked that movie too, but making that robot a toy was absurd.  So was the price.  The robot could replace damn near the entire work force and the toy company was selling it for only10k.  And the damn thing trains itself! 

I mean sure it would start murdering people eventually, but a tireless staffer with no benefits or pay that only costs 10k?  That’s a risk you take.  Haha

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just saw Evil Dead Rise. As a huge fan of the franchise I wanted to like it but...I can't. 3/10. It was an absolutely pointless movie and nothing new or inventive was in it. I think the worst part was all (yes ALL) of the iconic quotes being used so shamelessly...it felt like watching a bad Star Wars show that's filled with nostalgia bait to keep it afloat. They should have continued Fede Alvarez's 2013 Evil Dead reboot instead. I'm so disappointed :(

• Sad 2

Did a double shot of movies on Thursday.

Saw Gringa, about a girl who goes to Mexico to find her dad after her mom dies. She finds him and spends time with him.  Gets a B-.

Then I saw, Big George Forman. Gets a a solid B. About George of course. You get the key points in his life. What drove him to boxing. What drove him to preaching. Why did he make a comeback into boxing?  George narrates the film and he was a producer on it.

Terrifier 2 - 3/5

I heard people walked out of the theater and puked during the movie and I was pretty disappointed at how gory it was after hearing all of that.  I mean yeah, it's super gory, but to the point that it just seems so fake that it's comical and it makes you laugh.  It's kind of like the Mortal Kombat fatalities now a days in the new games.  I didn't squirm at all and think stuff like in the Saw movies is tougher to watch than the scenes in this movie.  Over all it was pretty stupid but Art made me laugh quite a lot with his stupid faces after doing something really bad and that was kind of worth it.  It's also way too long and drags on a lot at the end.

I watched RRR on netflix yesterday.  If you haven't seen this, WATCH IT.  So much fun.  I loved it far more than I expected to.  Wildly over-the-top and yet so heartfelt and wonderful.  I can't wait to watch it again.

• Like 2

I watched this movie on Netflix called Above Suspicion.  It came out in 2019.  Emilia Clarke is probably the biggest star, Johnny Knoxville is in it, too, as a supporting actor.  

It's based on a true story.  In the late 80s, an FBI agent is stationed in a rural Kentucky town to catch a bank robber.  This redneck girl with a drug problem becomes his informant, he takes down the bank robber with her tips, they start sleeping together, he tries to go back to his wife and family and files for a transfer to get away from her.  But he has to come back to the town for another unrelated case a few months later.

Spoiler

Redneck girl with the drug problem is apparently pregnant, sees that the FBI agent is back in town, she claims its his, he kills her in a fit of manslaughter.  

It's an average movie.  Clarke is a good actress and actually, I think Johnny Knoxville is pretty decent, too.  The guy who plays the FBI agent is a bit stiff.

It's not a great movie, it's not a terrible movie, it's just average.  Watch it for Clarke in a role where everyone here would be like "would", the late 80s vibe and the sweet Grand Wagoneer she's driving around in.  

Watched Dungeons & Dragons yesterday. It was a fun movie; I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope the movie generated enough interest for them to make a sequel.

I used to watch the D&D cartoon that was on for a hot minute in the 80s. I loved the Easter egg of including them in a brief section of the movie.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Air, the Michael Jordan shoe story.  Damon and Affleck.  

I'm giving it an A.  Great cast.  Great 80s vibe.  

Despite the score, some minor quibbles.  Damon doesn't do a good enough of a job being the schlub that Sonny Vaccaro is in real life, but whoooooo boy when he gives that impromptu speech in the Nike offices near the end, you can't help but get goosebumps.  Felt like I was watching Ben Affleck being Ben Affleck in 80s garb and acting like Ben Affleck instead of playing Phil Knight.  I'm not saying that they were necessarily bad, I just think they mailed in their performances, especially Affleck. 

Viola Davis was awesome.

It's finally streaming on Prime.  I'll probably end up watching it again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Heads up that the new Avatar movie will be coming to Disney+ and HBO Max on June 7th. 

There is no way I am watching the new Avatar on anything but bluray. 

The sound on these streaming services is total garbage compared to disc.

Rumor is it's going to come out late June but nothing confirmed yet.