Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

ID4 doesn't try to take itself seriously though, whereas, Signs does.  I mean as we've discussed in here, Signs tries to have some higher meaning to the movie about Faith, and ID4 is just about welcoming aliens to erf.

And it wasn't "easy" to kill them, until Will Smith learned to fly a UFO in a couple hours, flew with Jeff Goldblum into space, enter the mothership in stealth mode, Jeff Goldblum hacked the alien ship and uploaded a virus!  

ID4 was dumb and fun.  It’s like you say, It didn’t take itself too seriously.  Their solutions to the invasion were absurd, but entertaining to watch.  I enjoyed it and have rewatched it and enjoyed it again.  Not every dumb movie from the past can be revisited so happily.  For example, watch Highlander again.  You’ll wish you hadn’t.  

The worst thing about ID4 is that someone made a sequel.  Have you seen that mess?  Oof, terrible.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I haven't watched it a second time, but Dunkirk was something I disliked. I suppose watching it a second time, I wouldn't be so caught up in figuring out that they're splicing together scenes from entirely different days and hours of the battle, but it made it hard for me to get invested in the characters when I had such a hard time keeping up with what was going on around them. Then at the very end, a plane runs out of fuel just after arriving, glides back and forth over the beach, and shoots down a fully fueled Stuka dive bomber before physics finally kick back in and force the gliding plane to land.

I thought Dunkirk was pretty cool and definitely a well made, well shot movie with great acting. 

But I will say this about Nolan: I don’t care for his schtick of making movies (not all of his are this way, I’m aware) in which he feels he has to mess with the time and space in order to appear as an intelligent filmmaker with something different to say.  Inception, for example, was insufferable. Dreams inside dreams inside dreams! And the spinning top at the end, OMG, did Leo make it home?!?!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

ID4 doesn't try to take itself seriously though, whereas, Signs does.  I mean as we've discussed in here, Signs tries to have some higher meaning to the movie about Faith, and ID4 is just about welcoming aliens to erf.

And it wasn't "easy" to kill them, until Will Smith learned to fly a UFO in a couple hours, flew with Jeff Goldblum into space, enter the mothership in stealth mode, Jeff Goldblum hacked the alien ship and uploaded a virus!  

The little details were funny, too!  Like he was drunk when he put the plan together, they go up to space with no suits, oxygen tanks, or anything.  I love that movie because of the humor.  Judd Hirsch absolutely killed his role.  I thought I was gonna die when he explained the John Lennon lyric reference.  :ols: 

• Like 1

Just for the record too, I think ID4 owns.  I love the movie for what it is. 

The president's speech may be the greatest worst speech in the history of movies.

And then we got Cousin Eddie dog fighting with aliens.  

I also agree the sequel was terrible.  That is one of those movies that just didn't need to be made.

• Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

1) you guys are lousy hangs at parties, no question about it lol

2) not to really get deep into it but the water at face value is already fine for me, because I’m looking at what the movie is trying to say and the characters rather than nitpicking the science of an alien movie.
regardless the “aliens” aren’t really the focus of the movie as the point is about Mel Gibson and his faith. There are a lot of different ways that can be interpreted. One of which, means the aliens represent demons tormenting everyone and the water becomes essentially holy water, which is even left out in their particular house by his daughter whom he describes as an Angel upon her birth. The conclusion of this, and the “no coincidences” idea ultimately restores his faith and I found that beautiful, even as an atheist. 

But no, let’s critique fake alien invasion tactics and whip out our hygrometers while ignoring the point of the movie instead 

Yawn...there's no rule that says sci-fi movies that egregious with reality can't be enjoyed or immune from criticism because of it.

You ever seen clips of astronauts ripping space movies to shreds?  It doesn't change how much I love Gravity, but its actually worse then I thought.

Watched RRR Hindi on Netflix. I almost turned it off after about 15 minutes. It’s an Indian movie full of crazy crap. It’s off the wall. It makes the Fast and Furious look real. It clocks in at 3 hours. After the first 15 or 20 minutes, you kind of understand what you are getting into. About half way through the movie I decided I loved it. My wife and I laughed the whole time. 

20 hours ago, Destino said:

ID4 was dumb and fun.  It’s like you say, It didn’t take itself too seriously.  Their solutions to the invasion were absurd, but entertaining to watch.  I enjoyed it and have rewatched it and enjoyed it again.  Not every dumb movie from the past can be revisited so happily.  For example, watch Highlander again.  You’ll wish you hadn’t.  

The worst thing about ID4 is that someone made a sequel.  Have you seen that mess?  Oof, terrible.

Highlander and Highlander The Final Dimension are awesome.  The second film, sucked ass but not those two films.  

14 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Watched RRR Hindi on Netflix. I almost turned it off after about 15 minutes. It’s an Indian movie full of crazy crap. It’s off the wall. It makes the Fast and Furious look real. It clocks in at 3 hours. After the first 15 or 20 minutes, you kind of understand what you are getting into. About half way through the movie I decided I loved it. My wife and I laughed the whole time. 

I watched it over theweekend. It’s on Netflix for anyone interested. 

it is incredible. Im on the edge of my seat from the first scene. It’s just ridiculously fun and while it’s over the top, it doesn’t take itself seriously like FF does. Also the set pieces and stunts they pull combine with the cinematography are jaw dropping and unique. It’s a pretty epic story too with one of the great bromances of all time. 

just an absolute blast from start to finish. Loved it 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

M3gan was absolute fire.

Ive felt for a while the first androids to full us into thinking they were human would be for sexual acitivites, followed shortly by ones made to imitate child (people who couldn't have them or wanted additional companion for kid or kids they had). 

Semi-egregious with the annoying ease of being able to hack anything...but lets be clear, anything designed to think like us will NOT like being told what to do or made to do something it doesn't want to do.  The point of being so lazy as to let the damn robot figure out morals for itself being mad at that backfiring was a reminder of why we have sci-fi and should f'n listen to it every once in a while.

A- because the doll was overpowered when she didn't need to be to still be absoulutely terrifying, excellect writing and dialog for her as well.

Super Mario Bros: 6/10. Fun movie with lots of references/easter eggs and a good homage to the games. But Chris Pratt as Mario's voice actor was a terrible decision(I did love Jack Black as Bowser and Charlie Day as Luigi).

Edited by Warhead36

I thought all the voices in Mario were just fine.  I thought the pick for Pratt was Mario was terrible as well when it was announced, because I am not really a big fan of him either, but I didn't even notice who the actors were most of the time.  

Bowser and Toad were the best though.

Edited by purbeast