Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

On 8/8/2022 at 9:20 AM, EmirOfShmo said:

I watched the 3 part "Trainwreck: Woodstock '99" documentary on Netflix last night. Pretty good with a lot of video capturing the moment. I guess I forgot what a ****show that concert was. 

Check out the HBO one from last year if you haven’t. It was also very good and went into more detail about some of the incidents involved.

• Thumb up 1

I don’t really like that casting. Cavill doesn’t a lot of things well but I don’t think he has the charisma to the a classic Bond or the grit to be something like a Craig version. He’s kinda one note too. It works for Geralt and Superman but I don’t see Bond working out. He’s also kinda mammoth which would be an interesting version of the character. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

I read yesterday that the Bond people were potentially casting was for someone under 30 or around 30 and 6' or taller. Connery was 32 in his first Bond film. Craig was 38. They want to cast someone for 15 years moving forward and Cavill being 39 doesn't fit that role (and I'd think he'd have been perfect).

John Boyega would have been an interesting choice if he'd been taller. I could see someone like Alex Pettyfer getting it though as he's closer to 6'. 

41 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Maybe this has been posted already but they are making a Rambo 6?  And it appears the premise is The Punisher is Rambo's kid and they participate in The Purge series together?  The trailer is mostly as mashup of other movies.

Last I heard was that Tarantino wanted to do a First Blood remake starring Adam Driver. 😐

I don't think Rambo 6 gets made since 5 was titled Last Blood and was poorly received. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Day Shift.  It's on Netflix.  I'm no vampire movie expert but this was kind of fun until the last 15 minutes which were pretty dumb.  I'm giving it a B-.  Again, using the Spiff method of going in with exceedingly low expectations, I came away decently surprised.

Jamie Foxx is an LA based vampire killer who's on the outs and needs to come up with cash fast in order to keep his ex-wife from selling her home and moving to Florida to live with her mother, taking their daughter with her.  He's needs to get back into the vampire killing union in order to become official and make serious money (not going to get into how it works) and does so with the help of Snoop Dogg.  There's a "buddy cop" aspect to this as he teams up with Dave Franco's character, a nebbish desk jockey who is tasked with keeping Foxx on the straight and narrow (yeah, right).

Foxx is good and does Foxx things, and I think Snoop Dogg might actually be a hell of an actor if he had the right script.  The chemistry between Franco and Foxx works but it's not magic.  I don't know who Meagan Good is but she is a goddess, couldn't take my eyes off her anytime she was on the screen.   

The way it's shot, the colors, it reminds me of Michael Bay which isn't a bad thing if you like some of his aesthetics (and I do, from time to time).  This isn't a GOOD movie but it's dumb, enjoyable fun with some pretty well executed action/vampire killing scenes.

1 hour ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Maybe this has been posted already but they are making a Rambo 6?  And it appears the premise is The Punisher is Rambo's kid and they participate in The Purge series together?  The trailer is mostly as mashup of other movies.

INJECT THIS INTO MY VEINS

• Haha 1

Just now, Die Hard said:

13 lives.

The movie (and acting) itself isn’t really special. But the details of the story itself are mind-boggling. Definitely worth a watch.

You also have to realize the water they were in was 0 visibility.  They couldn't see an inch in front of them.

But filming underwater scenes like that probably wouldn't translate to the big screen very well lol, so I get why they did it for the movie.

I thought the movie was fantastic.  

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

You also have to realize the water they were in was 0 visibility.  They couldn't see an inch in front of them.

But filming underwater scenes like that probably wouldn't translate to the big screen very well lol, so I get why they did it for the movie.

I thought the movie was fantastic.  

As I said, the details of the story were fascinating (zero visibility among them).

I’m not sure it translated well on screen. It could have been summarized in 2 pages of text. And it was a long movie. The 2 main actors (Colin Farrel and Viggo Mortensen) were indescript… added nothing to the movie except generating some interest.

But worth the watch.

Saw the “Beast” with Idris Elba.  Man vs lion; with the lion winning most of time.

The ending was perfect.

Spoiler

Idris led the killer lion into a pride of lions and after fighting with Idris, the  other lions come to Idris’s rescue.

Movie gets a solid east from me.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thumb up 1