Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rotoworld (2/22/12): Redskins coach Mike Shanahan "loves" Oklahoma State QB Brandon Weeden

Alaskins

I think now the best way to figure out who our qb is the one nobody said anything about yet

so eliminate

Peyton Manning

Andrew Luck

Robert Griffin the III

Matt flynn

Ryan Tannehill

Brandon Weeden

Kyle Orton

Rex Grossman

that leaves us the truth Brock Osweiler

hahah I kid

I'd rather have Foles instead personally...

You would definitely like my sig!

In regard to the post; I wouldn't mind having Weeden because he was a stat factory at Oklahoma State (and we all love stats on this board). I'm just feeling restless waiting for the draft and at this point, I'd support anybody not named Grossman or Beck come Day 1.

I don't care what your age is, when a QB comes out of college, it will take them 3-4 years before they can be considered elite or great... By that time Weedon will be 33. Then he will play his best play from 33-36 and then fall off physically. So we would only really get 3-4 years of 1st round qb play. And that's all hoping he lives up to his potential. Most QBs are in the middle of their prime at 29, and weedon will be in his prime when most QBs start losing their touch.

Ok so a few weeks ago I got this idea that I would keep a draft diary of what I thought of all the prospects that the redskins could possibly be linked to. Brandon Weeden was the first guy I did and as I turned out, the only one. This is what I wrote:

Brandon Weeden:

Doesn't go through progressions much, has propensity to stick to one WR or side of field and make decision where he's going pre-snap.

Some issues like this could be viewed as something that can be worked with over time with more experience, unfortunately he's already older than Aaron Rodgers.

Weak arm, can get behind it and get good velocity on the ball but from a pure arm strength standpoint and not throwing with the whole body his arm isn't very good. Adequate for the college game and short to some intermediate routes, IMO, in the NFL he will struggle with the closing speed of DBs

Deep accuracy is rather poor, had WRs very good at playing the ball and going after it on his team which led to a lot of deep completions. Positive trusts his receivers one on one and will take the shots needed.

Played in spread which almost always left him with open receivers. His go to WR was also the best at his position in the country in 2011

Average release, ok touch, accuracy on short to intermediate is good, not great.

Good job reading pre-snap possibly causing him to rely on it too much

4-5 round value, between skillset, size, and age it is hard to feel good about taking Weeden in the second or third, does not warrant a pick that high.

Ok so this is what I got after watching like only 3 games of his so obviously Im not someone you can bank on but I've noticed some people claim similar things about him which encourages me. I'm sure I could go into much more detail but after the first few minutes I started to grow tired of writing ha, oh well.

Based on those Fiesta Bowl highlights, he looks terrible to me. Most of the big passes were YAC from Blackmon. Of the others, a lot were balls that weren't thrown to a very good spot for the receiver, and he had a ton of just BAD looking passes which weren't even close to being caught.

Here is Weeden at the Fiesta Bowl this year. He opens the game with a bad INT, and a few sloppy throws, but once he got warmed up, he looked good.

aUbkSR4wtWI

He finished the day 29 of 42 for 399 yards with 3 TDs and 1 INT.

He is pretty good.

He looked good. But after watching that I'd rather have Blackmon.

i'm gonna laugh when peyton's healthy, the colts absolutely fleece us for the number one overall pick, and we get andrew luck for a gazillion draft picks hahaha.

the point is you cant believe ANYTHING you hear right now, because we just don't know.

And TK's basically said as far as the draft and free agency goes this season, don't put the cart (d) before the horse (fa).

Like the guy on Twitter said *Cough* *Cough* Smokescreen

I don't mean to single this post out...but these types of posts crack me up.

We have "insiders" on this board who have admitted that there is no way to know what Shanahan and Allen will do come April. So, to claim that this is simply a smokescreen is ridiculous. Even someone like TK or LL56 might have information that Shanahan is leaning toward trading up for RG3 or trading back for Tannehill (I made those scenarios up as examples). But that doesn't mean anyone knows what will happen in 2 months. It's just as likely that we end up with Weeden as it is we end up with anyone else.

Can't this report that Shanahan loves Weeden simply mean that Shanahan loves Weeden? It doesn't have to be false information purposely released. It doesn't have to mean we're going to draft him. It could just be a coach who appreciates what a player brings to the table. I'm sure I could find an article stating that Shanahan loves Aaron Rodgers, but reading that wouldn't automatically ring a bell in my brain that he's either pretending that's the case or about to trade 8 firsts for him.

Trade down and pick him up late in the first? Gross. IF we can't get RG3 and IF we can get Blackmon at 6 and IF nothing else pans out at QB, I'd take him in the 5th round or later. I bet Weeden signed baseballs for kids he was throwing against in opposing secondaries.

uncle-rico-picture.jpg

Archived