Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rotoworld (2/22/12): Redskins coach Mike Shanahan "loves" Oklahoma State QB Brandon Weeden

Alaskins

You know what is sad about all this QB ****....

I would glady take Jason Campbell over any QB on our current roster, I kind of wonder how things would have turned out if he stayed with the team, and how he would have done with this past year's team

He wasn't that bad, i came to realize what bad and really bad look like.... Grossman and Beck

Are you really okay with "he wasn't that bad?" I am ready to see this team take a risk and draft a guy who could be a franchise guy. That has to be trade up and get RG3. I think Tannehill will fit in the same mold as Campbell. Nice guy, but nothing exciting.

You know what is sad about all this QB ****....

I would glady take Jason Campbell over any QB on our current roster, I kind of wonder how things would have turned out if he stayed with the team, and how he would have done with this past year's team

He wasn't that bad, i came to realize what bad and really bad look like.... Grossman and Beck

I think i just threw up in my mouth a little. Trust me I don't like Grossman or Beck but never want to see JC in our colors again, EVER!

Jason Campbell, really? If Campbell were to play a game of chess against a fence post, bet on the fence post. You can't compare JC to either Weedon or Tannahill, both are considered very bright. Campbell never could handle the mental game in the NFL, and not finding that out is on Joe Gibbs.

I dont know what Chris Weinke's stats were but I watched all of his games and the weed is MUCH better than him. I hate how we compare players based on age or school they went to. I personally like him, but I am not saying I want him over RGIII. If Weeden is there in the second (preferrable us trading down in the second) I would love to have him .. and I think is age his a non-factor. you never know these days. if we were to get a good QB for 5 yrs I would take it.

OMG the steal of the draft?Are you kidding or are u related?We have a Weeden already Grossman!No to Weeden we've seen this crap already!!!
Seriously comparing Weeden to Grossman? What is your basis of that comparison? Since you have so much insight, what exactly do you not like about Weeden?

Here are some stats you might like:

Brandon Weeden Red Zone (Past 2 Seasons)

Comp pct 64.5

TD-Int 40-3

TD pct 26.3

Pass effic 189.1

2011 Stats Comparison

Player SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

Weeden 2011 408 564 4727 72.3 8.38 67 37 13 12 159.8

Tannehill 2011 327 531 3744 61.6 7.05 79 29 15 9 133.2

I don't know about you but that Touchdown to Interception ratio is very un-Grossman like. Grossman has MORE Interceptions than Touchdowns which for last year was 125% (16 TD to 20 Int) while Tannehill was 52% (29 TD to 15 Int) and Weeden was 35% (37 TD to 13 Int). But I am glad you can contribute with absolutely no stats, explanations or breakdowns...just over-exaggerations and exclamation points.

If we dont get Tannehill, I think we should go with the qb from ASU

If you are lobbying for him, at least know his name. (Pssst- it's Brock Osweiler)

Any word on how Weeden looked today?

I know he participated in the throwing, but not the other stuff. Anybody know how he threw?

I saw this morning before I went to work, they said he looked good. They showed some of his passes, but then again, there is no pass rush on any of these guys, so take passing with a grain of salt. He was completing some deep outs with ease. Looked smooth, with a good spiral and dropped the ball right in there where it was supposed to be.

Just like when these guys work out at their "pro days." If I'm a GM, I get more tape on a guy and make my decision based on that and the combine and pro days would have very little to do with whoever I picked. I want football players and not workout warriors. But that's just me.

Any word on how Weeden looked today?

I know he participated in the throwing, but not the other stuff. Anybody know how he threw?

He did very well from what I'm reading. The clip about him starts at 1:30.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d8273b4e1/Best-of-the-QBs

Weeden surprised scouts by participating in throwing drills despite a reported hamstring injury. The gamble paid off when he impressed onlookers with his exceptional arm strength, zip and velocity. Weeden made all of the requisite throws with outstanding accuracy, and his ball placement rated near the top of the charts. Weeden also showed good footwork, quickness and body control executing three-, five- and seven-step drops. His fluidity executing drops should convince scouts he is capable of making the transition from a spread system to a pro-style offense.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d5d8273bdf7/article/luck-rgiii-hill-show-off-athletic-chops-in-indy-workouts

I'm not sure how accurate the reports are about how Shanahan "loves" him, but I would be totally fine with taking him in the 2nd round. He looks really good, and he comes across as a guy who can come in and command this offense from day one. Plus, I loved hearing him explain his transition to taking a snap under center, and the connection he and Blackmon have with each other.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d8273476e/Weeden-Blackmon-show-off-their-skills

If we can't land RG3, I think Weeden would be a pretty good consolation prize.

so what i gather from the last blast of posts is:

campbell<grossman<weeden

and this is based off of how the guy did in college with the best WR coming out this year in the most QB friendly division in college football.

and as for redzone stats and campbell, in the actual NFL:

2007-2010 redzone stats:

99 for 176 (56%) with 37 tds and 1 int

just some stats for people and perspectives, but all of this is moot because people's opinions and player preferences are so deeply ingrained that there is no saving them.

and this is based off of how the guy did in college with the best WR coming out this year in the most QB friendly division in college football.

I will admit that when it comes to Weeden, this is the main factor that gives me pause and question if he could carry an offense in the NFL. This is where I could defer to the Shanahans who would be able to tell if Weeden is the real deal or just a product of the system/great talent at wideout.

I will admit that when it comes to Weeden, this is the main factor that gives me pause and question if he could carry an offense in the NFL. This is where I could defer to the Shanahans who would be able to tell if Weeden is the real deal or just a product of the system/great talent at wideout.

i absolutely agree with you. i don't pretend to know qbs, but i saw the sports science on blackmon and it's sick:

i mean that's just a joke, and this is the guy that weedon has put up his numbers with.

here's a list of big 12 qbs drafted recently:

vince young

josh freeman

sam bradford

colt mccoy

all of them had very successful college careers, but for one reason or another just don't stack up well in the NFL currently.

my hope for RGIII is that smaller college = better QB because less talent, which is why i think someone like josh freeman has more NFL success than some of the other guys.

and this isn't necessarily a damning of all big 12 qbs, just perspective when we talk numbers and big 12 qbs.

so what i gather from the last blast of posts is:

campbell<grossman<weeden

and as for redzone stats and campbell, in the actual NFL:

2007-2010 redzone stats:

99 for 176 (56%) with 37 tds and 1 int

just some stats for people and perspectives, but all of this is moot because people's opinions and player preferences are so deeply ingrained that there is no saving them.

I wasn't advocating for him and I was just answering a question about how he threw. FWIW, I'll take one of the big 2 (doesn't matter to me) before I take any of these other guys. I'd rather get our QB in the 1st round then have to rely on a project guy. Talk about not even coming close to what I was saying.

And how else are we supposed to judge any player in the draft? They are called college players for a reason. Meaning, they have no "Pro" experience.

I wasn't advocating for him and I was just answering a question about how he threw. FWIW, I'll take one of the big 2 (doesn't matter to me) before I take any of these other guys. I'd rather get our QB in the 1st round then have to rely on a project guy. Talk about not even coming close to what I was saying.

And how else are we supposed to judge any player in the draft? They are called college players for a reason. Meaning, they have no "Pro" experience.

what the hell is wrong with this site? i didn't quote you, allude to something you wrote, and to be honest i didn't even read your post before i wrote what i wrote.

my post had nothing to do with anything you posted, i mean did you read what i wrote, look at the last 5 or so posts and then come to the conclusion that i was attacking you?

what is wrong with the reading comprehension here? and why is everyone so defensive?

this site is getting pathetic and it's because of posts like the one i'm quoting here from you pjfootballer.

what the hell is wrong with this site? i didn't quote you, allude to something you wrote, and to be honest i didn't even read your post before i wrote what i wrote.

my post had nothing to do with anything you posted, i mean did you read what i wrote, look at the last 5 or so posts and then come to the conclusion that i was attacking you?

what is wrong with the reading comprehension here? and why is everyone so defensive?

this site is getting pathetic and it's because of posts like the one i'm quoting here from you pjfootballer.

You said, "Last Blasts of Posts" which I thought you had included me in, since I was talking about Weeden throwing the ball. You can be quoted without having directly responded to someone. Where did I say you were attacking me? I was responding to your post as I (incorrectly I guess) thought you were responding to what I wrote.

I'm not being defensive, just debating. I was thinking we could have a civil debate, but it doesn't look that way. So now this is the 2nd thread YOU have gotten defensive in (jsteelz thread). I tell you what, you'll need to have thicker skin to survive in here. And if this site is so pathetic, go start your own.

You said, "Last Blasts of Posts" which I thought you had included me in, since I was talking about Weeden throwing the ball. You can be quoted without having directly responded to someone. Where did I say you were attacking me? I was responding to your post as I (incorrectly I guess) thought you were responding to what I wrote.

I'm not being defensive, just debating. I was thinking we could have a civil debate, but it doesn't lool that way. So now this is the 2nd thread YOU have gotten defensive in. I tell you what, you'll need to have thicker skin to survive in here. And if this site is so pathetic, go start your own.

Talk about not even coming close to what I was saying.

that's you saying that i had taken something you said out of context and then going on to defend your post about how people said weeden looked throwing.

i take that as you thinking i'm attacking you and you defending your post which contained basically no opinion, just a statement of other people's analysis of weeden.

if you look at that chain of events it's just plain silly that you thought my post applied directly to you as nothing i said in any way resembled a response to anything you said, nor were you quoted in any way shape or form and yet you take it as a rebuttal or attack on what you wrote.

my frustration obviously comes from the other thread in which the same thing happened, but at least the other guy had an excuse, albeit a lame one. that one has already been cleared up, and i hope this one would be too, but obviously you're exactly what i pegged you as, you took something not relating to you, made it about you, and then cried foul.

i mean you saying that you wanted to have a civil debate is a joke because you didn't respond to what i wrote, you responded to how you felt about what you thought i meant because you assumed your post was important enough to be included with what i was referring to.

oh and the "go start your own" remark just cements you as someone who doesn't want to debate, but rather make someone who you think disagrees with you go away.

Then put me on ignore. What the hell do I care? Jeez, you are really sensitive today. It's just a message board. None of what we say matters anyway. The FO is in charge and not us. Hell, this whole board is sensitive today. I think I'll take a break for the rest of the day. I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of mental patients.

Back on topic: I watched every pass I could of his at the Combine. Looks pretty solid. Good zip on the ball, accurate, tall in the pocket.

I am good with him as a QB to bring in. However, I don't think I would see him as an immediate starter and a franchise QB for a decade.

I personally don't care about the guys age. If he's the best option for 4-5 years, let's get him and move on with it.

Archived