Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rotoworld (2/22/12): Redskins coach Mike Shanahan "loves" Oklahoma State QB Brandon Weeden

Alaskins

According to SI.com's Don Banks, Redskins coach Mike Shanahan "loves" Oklahoma State QB Brandon Weeden after coaching him on the Senior Bowl's South roster.

Banks says he heard a "theory recently" that the Redskins might trade down into the 20s or back into the 20s to snag Weeden at the tail end of the draft's first round. Weeden is considered pro-ready at the age of 28, and could give Rex Grossman or another veteran stopgap a serious run for the starting job in training camp. The Redskins have a defense ready to contend in 2012.

--------

What do you all think?

On the one hand, he looks pretty good. On the other hand we're batting .000 with quarterbacks who came out of college late (see Beck, John).

This would be one of those RARE occasions where it's perfectly ok to scare folk out of the thread running and screaming at one of your alter ego 'Evil Jay's' spawn of the devil pics.

Hail.

I think I understand the words that are coming from your keyboard...

So, nothing to see here folks, forget this thread ever was created? JLC, if you are reading this, we like Tanehill way more?

This past season Weeden passed for 4727 yards, completed 72% of his passes, and had 37 TDs to only 13 INTs. He has prototypical size and arm strength. Most importantly, he was a winner in college, even beating Luck's Stanford team and RG3s Baylor team.

Weeden could be the steal of the draft. It may be idle speculation, but I would be happy with this move. At the least, I would prefer Weeden over Tannehill.

I think I understand the words that are coming from your keyboard...

So, nothing to see here folks, forget this thread ever was created? JLC, if you are reading this, we like Tanehill way more?

I was more playing with PCS on a long running theme I have with him; running behind this being nothing new; Rotoworld being a terrible, fan fuelled 'reference' source; and the inevitable reaction your gona' get as this grows in response.

Norhing personal.

Hail.

Dude is a baller....I mean I don't know much but I really liked him in the bowl game vs Stanford beating Luck and his post game interview, been wondering if Shanny would like him...could be very a interesting move... I kinda like it....

This past season Weeden passed for 4727 yards, completed 72% of his passes, and had 37 TDs to only 13 INTs. He has prototypical size and arm strength. Most importantly, he was a winner in college, even beating Luck's Stanford team and RG3s Baylor team.

Weeden could be the steal of the draft. It may be idle speculation, but I would be happy with this move. At the least, I would prefer Weeden over Tannehill.

Here is Weeden at the Fiesta Bowl this year. He opens the game with a bad INT, and a few sloppy throws, but once he got warmed up, he looked good.

<edit rule 11 violation: quoting video>

He finished the day 29 of 42 for 399 yards with 3 TDs and 1 INT.

He is pretty good.

After watching those highlights... I would rather go with someone else. he misfire quite a bit and it also looked like he does not do a good job of moving off of his first target.

Weedon will take time to develope which might not be the ideal situation when you are 28.

You know, that could have also been pretty much said of Wienke except Chris didn't play with anybody of Blackmon's stature.

Archived