Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whitney Houston Dead

Gracelander

RIP Whitney. :(

I remember when she first started during my senior year of high school; one of the students sang one of her songs during our high school graduation ceremony.

If it turns out to be drugs or health related because of past drug use; her ex led her on the path of destruction that looks like took her life.

I read something where her mom had just talked to her about 30 minutes before she had passed. Drug related? Sudden health problem brought about because of past drug use?

We will find out.

Looks like the grammys will have sort of tribute during tonights show.

So I log onto facebook this morning, and this is the first thing I see. My exact words were "Oh my God." Such a shame. She lived a life of both success and torment. I'm thankful, for her sake, that that torment is over.

Thanks, Whitney, for sharing your talents with us; and for that amazing "One Moment in Time" at the Super Bowl. I still choke up a little just thinking about it.

RIP.

From what I've read so far it sounds like she was drinking hard the night before went back to her hotel room. She had a prescription for Xanax which was found near by. Apparently she came home and took Xanax while in the bathtub.....with the alcohol still in her system and she fell asleep and slid down in the tub and drowned. (They found her in the tub with her head under water).

Really unfortunate.

From what I've read so far it sounds like she was drinking hard the night before went back to her hotel room. She had a prescription for Xanax which was found near by. Apparently she came home and took Xanax while in the bathtub.....with the alcohol still in her system and she fell asleep and slid down in the tub and drowned. (They found her in the tub with her head under water).

Really unfortunate.

Yeah, that's what TMZ is reporting and they are legit with their sources. Makes you wonder how much xanax she took and how much alcohol was still in her system. You seriously have to have a lot of that stuff in your system to fall asleep and drown, if that ends up being the case.

Hopefully the family steps in and takes good care of the daughter.

Kind of a boring Sunday, so I'm going through youtube and watching a lot of her performances. Absolutely incredible. I don't think her talent will ever be matched. I do think they chose wisely, though, in having Jennifer Hudson sing the tribute to Whitney tonight at the Grammys.

My goodness it looks like this story just got worse.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/12/whitney-houston-dead-bobbi-kristina-hospital/#comments-anchor

Whitney Houston's 18-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was just rushed to Cedears-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles ... TMZ has learned.

According to our sources ... Bobbi was taken out of the Beverly Hilton, where Whitney died yesterday, on a stretcher.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ police and fire responded to a call for a medical emergency, but would not confirm who was transported.

I take Xanax and if I take two it takes me maybe two hours before I'm exhausted and I weigh about 280. She must have taken quite a few. Sad either way.

Yeah, I was prescribed xanax a few months ago when I was having issues sleeping and when I took it at night, it just relaxed me enough to turn my brain off and get to sleep. Just from my experience, it would seem as though you'd have to take quite a few of those to get to the point where drowning doesn't wake you up. Then again, I've never mixed that stuff with alcohol, and I'm sure that exacerbated the effects of the xanax. Of course this is all conjecture, who knows the real story.

If true, who takes a bath after drinking hard and taking multiple amounts of Xanax? A bed certainly sounds better.

Someone who's possibly already drunk or already has drugs in her system? Everything's a good idea when you are a bit intoxicated...

Yeah, that's what TMZ is reporting and they are legit with their sources. Makes you wonder how much xanax she took and how much alcohol was still in her system. You seriously have to have a lot of that stuff in your system to fall asleep and drown, if that ends up being the case.

You think you need that much? I know I took a benzo last night to get to sleep and apparently I nodded off in the dining room right after I finished a bowl of cereal. I was waiting for my laundry to finish and my friend found me sitting at the table asleep, and moving my hand (empty) back and forth from the table to my face like I was still eating cereal. Now I had spent all day (literally--7 am to 9pm) trying to buy a car and was tired beyond belief, and I take stuff to help me sleep like never so I have low tolerance, but still. I just took one pill.

Talking to my mom about it today (she's a nurse), she said while my stepdad was deployed to Iraq and she was by herself, a couple of times she had a couple of drinks, taken a xanax and was in the bath and passed out. She doesn't think you would need that much--to pass out, slide under the water, and not wake up in time--under certain circumstances

BTW, who was the other celebrity who died in the bath back in the day? Hendrix or Morrison? Or someone else? Seem to remember someone but I ca't pull who exactly.

I think Jim Morrison died in a bathtub.

I think if one takes Xanax regularly, it takes more to have an effect, so she may have taken quite a few. I don't take it that often and it takes very little for me to nod off.

Poor Bobbie Kristina, I hope she's okay. What a tragedy to lose her mother so young. I could imagine that she freaked out.

You think you need that much? I know I took a benzo last night to get to sleep and apparently I nodded off in the dining room right after I finished a bowl of cereal. I was waiting for my laundry to finish and my friend found me sitting at the table asleep, and moving my hand (empty) back and forth from the table to my face like I was still eating cereal. Now I had spent all day (literally--7 am to 9pm) trying to buy a car and was tired beyond belief, and I take stuff to help me sleep like never so I have low tolerance, but still. I just took one pill.

Talking to my mom about it today (she's a nurse), she said while my stepdad was deployed to Iraq and she was by herself, a couple of times she had a couple of drinks, taken a xanax and was in the bath and passed out. She doesn't think you would need that much--to pass out, slide under the water, and not wake up in time--under certain circumstances

BTW, who was the other celebrity who died in the bath back in the day? Hendrix or Morrison? Or someone else? Seem to remember someone but I ca't pull who exactly.

Who knows. I mean, it sounds like this is something that she has taken for some time, so her body could be used to it. I've never mixed drinks with any prescriptions, so I don't know if you'd need much if you already had alcohol on board. Sounds like investigators found other prescriptions too, so she could have had those in her system too, who knows though. You definitely need a fair amount of something, or multiple things, on board to pass out and not awaken to the body's natural reaction to drowning...

Hopefully her daughter is okay though, yikes. Scary, I don't know what I would have done if I were an only child at 18 and my mom passed away like this, poor girl. :(

Thank goodness she has a supportive dad who's cancelled his engagements and has flown to LA to be by his inconsolable daughter's side as she goes through this tragedy...oh wait, nevermind. Seriously, why the crap isn't that father by his daughter's side right now?

Jim Morrison was found in a bathtub, but it was France in the '70s and once they decided it didnt seem like a murder they didn't bother with an autopsy. I don't think they ever figured out of he ODed and died or drowned while unconscious.

Jim Morrison was found in a bathtub, but it was France in the '70s and once they decided it didnt seem like a murder they didn't bother with an autopsy. I don't think they ever figured out of he ODed and died or drowned while unconscious.

Given his lifestyle and excesses it was most likely an OD for Mr. Mojo Risin

Thank goodness she has a supportive dad who's cancelled his engagements and has flown to LA to be by his inconsolable daughter's side as she goes through this tragedy...oh wait, nevermind. Seriously, why the crap isn't that father by his daughter's side right now?

That's a little harsh.

That's a little harsh.

After reading this is the second time this girl has been rushed to the hospital since her mother's death yesterday and her father still not being by her side, and in fact, is across the country with his band, I don't know, I think that's messed up. Maybe he flew out today, hopefully he did and my criticism of him is unwarranted. Just hard to see a young girl clearly despondent over this tragedy get rushed to the hospital multiple times and the dad's just doing his thing with his singing gigs.

That being said, yeah, my post was a little harsh, particularly when I don't know the family dynamics at all. I guess I don't get the mindset of not dropping everything immediately to be with your loved one who's just suffered the biggest tragedy of her life...

Archived