Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whitney Houston Dead

Gracelander

Nah, it's not harsh.

I was raised with a family first mindset. You have to cancel or postpone a concert to fly to your daughter at a moment like this you do it. He can afford to. His fans won't riot. This is a moment that comes once and you really should be there for her... even though likely nanny or some other relative was the real Mommy.

Nah, it's not harsh.

I was raised with a family first mindset. You have to cancel or postpone a concert to fly to your daughter at a moment like this you do it. He can afford to. His fans won't riot. This is a moment that comes once and you really should be there for her... even though likely nanny or some other relative was the real Mommy.

It is harsh when you don't know all the facts of their family structure which Kleest explained. Besides, for all we know, he could be on his way to LA.

It is harsh when you don't know all the facts of their family structure which Kleest explained. Besides, for all we know, he could be on his way to LA.

Nope, don't need to :)

It's judgmental, but not harsh. You hear about the death of the mother.... within an hour you should have a plane ticket booked and be running to the airport to give what support you can. If the family blocks you out so be it, but you every damn thing in your power to be there as soon as is humanly possible.

And yes, I'm being harsh... but that's what I believe in.

If true, who takes a bath after drinking hard and taking multiple amounts of Xanax? A bed certainly sounds better.
Sad story.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/blood-sweat-dishevelment-whitney-houston-tumultuous-final-days-144148765.html

"Thursday in particular had been an obviously rough day in public for the troubled singer, whose appearance and behavior raised eyebrows among reporters, photographers, and regular folks who witnessed her erratic rounds."

"First she first visited Brandy, Monica, and Clive Davis at rehearsals for the mogul's pre-Grammys party, where a Los Angeles Times reporter described her as reeking of alcohol, "visibly bloated," and "disheveled in mismatched clothes and hair that was dripping wet with either sweat or water." According to the Times, when Houston wasn't mugging and gesticulating wildly for Brandy and Monica — who were doing a media junket, as well as preparing a duet — she was alternately skipping around the lobby or "wandering aimlessly" around the Beverly Hills Hotel grounds. Reportedly, guests had even called security to report the singer doing handstands by the hotel pool.

Great singer, great Superbowl performance. RIP and prayers for her daughter.

TMZ:

With the death of ex-wife Whitney Houston, and his daughter Bobbi Kristina in the hospital, sources close to Bobby Brown tell TMZ he is on his way to Los Angeles be with his daughter ... and skipping a concert to do so.

According to our sources, Bobbi Kristina has not been alone since her mother passed -- she's had Bobby's family by her side the entire time.

New Edition has a concert tonight in Nashville, but we're told Bobby will skip the show so he can get to Los Angeles to be with Bobbi Kristina.

As TMZ first reported, Bobbi Kristina has been in the hospital twice since Whitney passed away.

Odd that most would seemingly assume that he wasn't trying to get out to support his daughter in his time of need.

From all accounts that I am aware of, he has been a pretty good father in spite of himself at times.

None of us know the dynamics of his relationship with his daughter either. For all we know she wants nothing to do with him.

I was reading some comments on a story about Bobby being upset last night. The comments were shameful that people want to blame this man for her choice to continue her trainwreck of a lifestyle.

Isn't it a matter of fact that Whitney Houston's downward spiral coincided with her marriage to Bobby Brown?
Yup. But I'm with Kosher on this (for once). You can't blame him for her continued abuse of drugs. They've been divorced for 5 years. At some point you have to take responsibility for your own actions.

Yup. But I'm with Kosher on this (for once). You can't blame him for her continued abuse of drugs. They've been divorced for 5 years. At some point you have to take responsibility for your own actions.

.....I dunno. What you say is true but I'm not sure that absolves him of blame. It just means that he doesn't shoulder that blame alone.

Isn't it a matter of fact that Whitney Houston's downward spiral coincided with her marriage to Bobby Brown?

Me and my mom discussed this last night and I'll tell you the samething I told her. We don't know if she was using drugs before she hooked up with Bobby Brown. Lets not be nieve. Whitney was out there. She was known to enjoy partying. Also, she was about 6 or 7 years older than Brown.

She had been dating him since '89. She was still in the prime of her career at that time. It was about 7-8 years into their relationship that she started to fall off somewhat.

Whitney built her image, but that was never who she was. That is why her and Bobby got along so well to begin with. I speculate that they were truly in love and really tried to make it work.

They couldn't help but enable each other. Bobby has since the divorce cleaned up and re-focused on his career. Whitney on the other hand went the other direction at times.

Sad circumstances and a terrible loss for the people that love great musicians.

---------- Post added February-12th-2012 at 07:21 PM ----------

Me and my mom discussed this last night and I'll tell you the samething I told her. We don't know if she was using drugs before she hooked up with Bobby Brown. Lets not be nieve. Whitney was out there. She was known to enjoy partying. Also, she was about 6 or 7 years older than Brown.

Bobby was known to be a partier as well. I get that she should have been more responsible, but often times that is not the driving force behind addiction. They were both messed up.

They couldn't help but enable each other. Bobby has since the divorce cleaned up

Bobby was known to be a partier as well. I get that she should have been more responsible, but often times that is not the driving force behind addiction. They were both messed up.

I agree.

TMZ:

With the death of ex-wife Whitney Houston, and his daughter Bobbi Kristina in the hospital, sources close to Bobby Brown tell TMZ he is on his way to Los Angeles be with his daughter ... and skipping a concert to do so.

According to our sources, Bobbi Kristina has not been alone since her mother passed -- she's had Bobby's family by her side the entire time.

New Edition has a concert tonight in Nashville, but we're told Bobby will skip the show so he can get to Los Angeles to be with Bobbi Kristina.

As TMZ first reported, Bobbi Kristina has been in the hospital twice since Whitney passed away.

Good, glad to see that he is FINALLY getting his butt out there. I'm sure she was surrounded by family this whole time, but family members still are not "him." Like I said, I just don't get it. :whoknows:

Burgold,

It just seems like a reason to jump on Bobby Brown for something.

I'd say this is one of the smaller things Bobby Brown is being "jumped on" in regards to anything having to do with Whitney Houston.

.....I dunno. What you say is true but I'm not sure that absolves him of blame. It just means that he doesn't shoulder that blame alone.

Again, not knowing the dynamics of their relationship outside their reality show and interviews, it seems as theirs was a really toxic relationship. Sounds like they both enabled each other but ultimately, it was Whitney's owns decisions and actions that sealed her fate, sad as it is.

I hope the tribute at the Grammy's tonight goes well and everyone can remember her for her incredible voice and talent, and not so much as just another cautionary Hollywood tale.

http://www.heatworld.com/Celeb-News/2012/02/Kevin-Costners-sad-statement-about-Whitney-I-should-have-saved-her/

The Bodyguard star Kevin Costner has released a heart-breaking statement about the death of his former co-star Whitney Houston, saying he “should have saved her” like he saved her in the film they both starred in together.

The 57-year-old actor said, “I let her down. I should have been there, and I wasn't. And now for the rest of my life I will have to live with that pain.”

Continuing to speak about the roles they both played in the 1992 film, Kevin sadly commented, “I saved her then, I should have saved her now. She was my one true love. I still have I Will Always Love You as my ringtone, and I count it a badge of honour every time I get mocked for it."

According to tmz.com it seems that Bobby B. was being inappropriate with his invitation.

"

Bobby Brown was asked to leave Whitney Houston's funeral today ... after he got into an argument with Whitney's family over whether or not he could bring nine people into the church with him ... TMZ has learned.

Brown was spotted going into the church today in Newark, NJ ... but was seen leaving shortly thereafter.

According to our sources, Brown was invited, plus two, but instead showed up with an entourage of nine people. We're told Bobby became upset when he found out they would not seat his whole party.

Our sources say Bobby wanted to sit with his daughter, Bobbi Kristina, but Whitney's family was not having it.

We're told Rev. Jesse Jackson tried to smooth things over ... but to no avail."

According to tmz.com it seems that Bobby B. was being inappropriate with his invitation.

"

Bobby Brown was asked to leave Whitney Houston's funeral today ... after he got into an argument with Whitney's family over whether or not he could bring nine people into the church with him ... TMZ has learned.

Brown was spotted going into the church today in Newark, NJ ... but was seen leaving shortly thereafter.

According to our sources, Brown was invited, plus two, but instead showed up with an entourage of nine people. We're told Bobby became upset when he found out they would not seat his whole party.

Our sources say Bobby wanted to sit with his daughter, Bobbi Kristina, but Whitney's family was not having it.

We're told Rev. Jesse Jackson tried to smooth things over ... but to no avail."

We knew it was something. Unreal. i've defended Brown all week, but he's TOTALLY wrong if this is true. What would possess him to bring 6 extra people when he was told he and 2 more could come?

Archived