Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Via Twitter: Shanahan has evaluated 10 to 15 college QBs this season

Califan007 The Constipated

Who will be the next head coach at Penn ST.  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next head coach at Penn ST.

• Tom Bradley
    • Eric Mangini
    • Mike Munchak
    • Al Golden
    • Chris Petersen
    • Pat Fitzgerald
    • Rich Rodriguez
    • Ron English
    • Jim Grobe (Wake Head Coach)
    • David Cutcliffe (Duke Head Coach)
    • Brian Norwood (If RG III Leaves)
    • Tom Clements
    • Bo Pelin
    • Tony Dungy
    • Other Please Explain

If both Luck and RGIII are gone and we can't trade up would Shanahan pull the trigger at #6/7 overall in the 1st for Tannahill?

I'm sure he would, if he thinks he has the talent to be the QB we need. I'm not convinced he does, but I'm not Shanahan either. I have only seen his game vs Kansas St but I'll keep watching, hopefully he'll be awesome if he's the guy we take.

scouts at Griffins games is not new info LOL welcome to info getting repeated from jsteelzs and my twitter accounts months later.

And one of your tweets said that we had enough scouts at the Oklahoma game to field an offense.

Some people do pay attention...LOL.

Now I am going to catch hell for this part. In watching Baylor Washington last night. I thought Price throws a better ball. He's only a sophmore though. It does give me pause on RG3.

To be fair, RG3's running back was having a career day, so it's not like he had to ball out.

Prices throws were tight spirals, RG3's weren't consistent like that. Price definitely threw a better ball last night. I haven't seen enough of RG3 to say that Price would be a better QB, but last night, I felt like he was for that game.

And one of your tweets said that we had enough scouts at the Oklahoma game to field an offense.

Some people do pay attention...LOL.

Now I am going to catch hell for this part. In watching Baylor Washington last night. I thought Price throws a better ball. He's only a sophmore though. It does give me pause on RG3.

He did look real good. That run where he hit the pylon was really nice. But RGIII has done it consistently for a season now and progressed over 2 seasons. That guy Prince played a hell of a game yesterday though. I would throw up with excitement if we drafter RGIII however....he is going to be a real game changer.

Prices throws were tight spirals, RG3's weren't consistent like that. Price definitely threw a better ball last night. I haven't seen enough of RG3 to say that Price would be a better QB, but last night, I felt like he was for that game.

True enough. However, as we all know, one game doesn't make a QB. RG3's throws have more often than not have been on time on target, with good throws all around. But I do agree that last night Price's passes looked better.

Weird, I saw the complete opposite. Price threw nothing but wobblers.

:ols:

I know all of these tweets sounds pretty obvious, but it's a good piece of mind that I at least know it's going on, makes me feel that the draft is in good hands and that I shouldn't fret over it because Shanahan wakes up first thing in the morning to try and find the right QB for us.

That's nice to know that Shanahan is doing the same exact thing that every other FO in the NFL does.

Is it his fault that someone tweeted a pretty insignificant detail as if it was a big deal? Its interesting to know the semi-specifics. No one said it was earth-shaking news.

If you feel that Beck has "shown his worth" and having him even "in the mix" makes no sense to you, why would you think he could be traded?

Any NFL player can be traded. If Mike Shanahan can trade for Beck, then he can also trade Beck. Although Beck has little value, the Redskins can still get something for him. What was Jeremy Jarmon worth? He wasn't worth much, although the Redskins got Jabar Gaffney in exchange for him. Mike Shanahan could at least get a 7th round draft choice for beck which is somewhat worthless.

True enough. However, as we all know, one game doesn't make a QB. RG3's throws have more often than not have been on time on target, with good throws all around. But I do agree that last night Price's passes looked better.

I do agree there and it's also why I said I haven't seen much of RG3 this year also. It was just one game. It was the first game of Price's that I saw at all. One thing I do believe is that the great players step up in big games. They both stepped up last night. I do know that I will keep an eye on Price next season and watch his games when I can. He definitely intrigued me.

So fun factoid for everyone: Mensa Mike didn't even talk to Jay Cutler before he.drafted him. Not at the combine, not at the pro day, not at all.

---------- Post added December-30th-2011 at 09:06 PM ----------

LL56:

Let's say Griffin stays in school and you had to stake your reputation on a prediction of what QB they'd take, who would it be?

(Just a fancy way of asking who's on the radar besides RG3 and Luck)

Tannehill. For the simple.fact that he's the least corrupted out of all the QBs

Not all news needs to be "breaking" :ols:...

For me, the more info I'm able to read about Shanahan's evaluation process, the better. :yes:

Totally agree, and thanks for posting this Cali. I don't follow our insiders on twitter (not anything against them, I just hate twitter/facebook and have no accounts with either site) so I missed this little tidbit.

It's nice to know that QBs are so important to Mike to the point where he's waking up extra early, I'm sure, to watch some college football QBs on tape before his already busy day begins.

---------- Post added December-30th-2011 at 07:30 PM ----------

Weird, I saw the complete opposite. Price threw nothing but wobblers.

:ols:

lol, I was thinking the same. Plus, his balls were coming off high more times than not, especially in the first quarter. He would either overthrow his target or his WRs had to really go up and get it.

Everyone sees things differently, huh? Especially with QBs. So hard to judge them, lol.

scouts at Griffins games is not new info LOL welcome to info getting repeated from jsteelzs and my twitter accounts months later.

Never repeated your info on here, but I watch everything y'all say like a hawk lol. You JSteelz and TK were why I joined Twitter in the first place....now I follow just about every dude that ever tweets about the Skins lol.

Shanny tried to get Bradford, was going to get Dalton, passed on Gabbert and used him to trade down, drafted Cutler, and him evaluating QBs like this already, and Kyle's recent comments about us needing to find a franchise QB and that we will, leaves me confident in their ability to get their guy and him being the right one.

All that's nice, but he's whiffed miserably on the last three veterans (McNabb, Grossman, Beck). And he expressed his desire to draft Beck cuz he thought Beck was a pretty good QB coming out of BYU. He's QB record is spotty in total.

All that's nice, but he's whiffed miserably on the last three veterans (McNabb, Grossman, Beck). And he expressed his desire to draft Beck cuz he thought Beck was a pretty good QB coming out of BYU. He's QB record is spotty in total.

That's why I'm impressed with who he has liked in the draft, because those have been pretty good, better than the vets. Who knows how Beck would have turned out had he been drafted by Shanny instead of on to a miserable Dolphins team. Grossman at least puts points on the board, and he hasn't been the sole reason for losses this season. As far as free agent QBs go, it's not easy to hit on them, which is why they are free agents. My concern is with the draft, where we will be taking a franchise QB at some point, not with free agency where we are limited to bottom rung talent.

In that case he also "expressed his desire" to draft Romo sits to pee as well...so I think overall the scales still tip favorably for Shanahan.

Our posts showed at the same time. Mine at the current time of 2:14 but yours says 2:17, so clearly I have the power to read 3 minutes into the future.

Archived