Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barkley Annoucment at 1pm,(4PM EST)

Missin Meast

Mike will trade up if he thinks it's worth it to trade up, that's really the long and short of it. There are far too many unknowns in the equation at present to come up with a more detailed, plausible WWMSD scenario.

Yeah, but if he trades, then when? Wait until which draft pick? There's always the threat of someone jumping up. This is why I'm not a GM.

I agree with that, but I do think if Locker had been there, Shanny would have stayed put and snapped him up. My bet is that Shanny was suprised he got snagged by Tenn too. Watching Twitter and the draft at the same time was pretty fun. I was shocked as hell that Gabbert was there and we traded down. I really like the way it worked out though.

I think that Locker would be a Redskin, too. And yes, Twitter and ES and a wife who didn't know WTF was going on made it a ton of fun. That and the Goodell chants.

I wasn't shocked that we passed on Gabbert; the competition between Newton and Gabbert was just, bleh. Never thought that either would amount to anything. At least we passed on the right one.

I've seen Locker make some throws that absolutely made me realize why Mike wanted him. I think if he had been there, we might've taken him. TK and/or LL have implied that Locker was never really in play though, so maybe we're wrong. At least I think it was TK and/or LL...

Although I've been pretty adamant about it being way to soon to even start talking Draft as its 4 months away, here's how I see it going based on current order & why I'm not needing a paper bag to breathe into. :)

1 Colts Luck & keep Manning after restructuring a few contracts so they can also resign their WRs.

2 Vikings- OL from USC or Blackmon

3 Rams- Blackmon or the OL from USC

4 Jaguars- NOT taking a QB. They extended their GM who said first priority was getting a coach in there to develop Gabbert.

5 Browns- Don't see the Walrus pulling the plug on McCoy after only two years. Peyton Hillis wants out. I see them going RB

6 Buccaneers- The coach is gone, but I still see them taking the CB from LSU

7 Redskins- RG3

The Honey Badger (CB from LSU) isn't draft eligible, as far as I know. He's a true sophomore.

Otherwise, I like the looks of that mock draft. :ols:

So what free agent QBs might the Skins try to bring in.

Matt Flynn, Alex Smith, what about Dennis Dixon? He's been good in Pittburgh when he's played, hasn't he?

Maybe Jason Campbell. After all if Shanny's evaluated all his QB's wrong so far maybe he should re-evaluate the first one he looked at in Washington?

---------- Post added December-22nd-2011 at 07:03 PM ----------

Yeah, but if he trades, then when? Wait until which draft pick? There's always the threat of someone jumping up. This is why I'm not a GM.

I think that Locker would be a Redskin, too. And yes, Twitter and ES and a wife who didn't know WTF was going on made it a ton of fun. That and the Goodell chants.

I wasn't shocked that we passed on Gabbert; the competition between Newton and Gabbert was just, bleh. Never thought that either would amount to anything. At least we passed on the right one.

you trade with the team who's about to pick generally.

Not to derail the thread but I have to disagree with you Thinking Skins.

Aikman would be elite on any team.

In fact, his numbers would probably be greater if his team wasn't built around the running game. :2cents:

its hard to say. i have to believe he was helped out by and excellent line and the NFLs all time leading rusher. after his running game was gone, he looked very mediocre- even before you expect QB's to start looking so-so as they get older.

but he was very good, no doubt.

Mike will trade up if he thinks it's worth it to trade up, that's really the long and short of it. There are far too many unknowns in the equation at present to come up with a more detailed, plausible WWMSD scenario.
That's the final word, like TKs said the past month, isn't it.

What worries me about the draft now, is I don't think we'll lose both of the last two games. We may have to trade up to get RG3, or have somebody get just above us and nab him. (I'll take the win(s?) though.)

Not to derail the thread but I have to disagree with you Thinking Skins.

Aikman would be elite on any team.

In fact, his numbers would probably be greater if his team wasn't built around the running game. :2cents:

Well we don't need to get too caught up with that. I can throw in Eli, Steve Young before he won his (and continuously lost to Aikman), Heck look at Dan Marino and it makes my argument. He's considered a great QB, but people love to argue that he's below Elway because of the rings. Look at Jim Kelly and how he's thought about today for losing 4 SBs vs taking a team to 4 SBs. I just mentioned Aikman because he came to my mind first, but there are definitely others.

In hindsight, I'd much rather build my team around a Trent Green than an Eli Manning.

Well we don't need to get too caught up with that. I can throw in Eli, Steve Young before he won his (and continuously lost to Aikman), Heck look at Dan Marino and it makes my argument. He's considered a great QB, but people love to argue that he's below Elway because of the rings. Look at Jim Kelly and how he's thought about today for losing 4 SBs vs taking a team to 4 SBs. I just mentioned Aikman because he came to my mind first, but there are definitely others.

In hindsight, I'd much rather build my team around a Trent Green than an Eli Manning.

I sincerely believe that if Kelly had won one SB, he would be looked at like Peyton Manning is right now. Kelly ran the offense in Buffalo. They didn't have headsets back then and ran the no huddle. I still feel as though Kelly was one of the greats. Had he come straight to the NFL in stead of the USFL, his stats would have rivaled the ones we consider great today.

Tiny, weak arm, not NFL material unless you're looking for a franchise clip board holder. Reminds me of Ken Dorsey.

Yup, what some of the big schools said about him as well. Ken Dorsey can't wear Kellen's jock strap when it comes to numbers. He's going to be a good pro. Like I say, Drew Brees with Montana style. People over estimate physical and underestimate mental. They do it all the time. Four years from now, people are going to be going damn. He was gettable.

I have a game to watch.

That's going to depend on pre-draft buzz and the demands of whatever teams we talk to residing in the top 10 of the draft. We won't really know enough about the way the draft might unfold to even make a guess until the combine at the earliest.

That's the final word, like TKs said the past month, isn't it.

What worries me about the draft now, is I don't think we'll lose both of the last two games. We may have to trade up to get RG3, or have somebody get just above us and nab him. (I'll take the win(s?) though.)

I agree. I get the feeling we'll finish 7-9 and that could push us down to the middle of the first round. If RG3 is really the guy, though, I don't mind seeing us give up quite a lot to go up and get him.

The Honey Badger (CB from LSU) isn't draft eligible, as far as I know. He's a true sophomore.

Otherwise, I like the looks of that mock draft. :ols:

Claiborne is a Junior, I think you're thinking on their Safety.

Yeah man, he's talking about Morris Claiborne, best CB in the draft, even ahead of Kirkpatrick of Alabama. But the fact that you got them confused only speaks to how good LSU's secondary was this season. Matthieu is the other cornerback, at least according to websites, but I thought he played safety for some reason.

Either way, it's not like Claiborne would be a bad choice for the Skins, but secondary is probably lower on our needs list.

Archived