Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barkley Annoucment at 1pm,(4PM EST)

Missin Meast

Actually, in the article Irsay basically says "there's no way Luck is the next Peyton Manning." I just don't know if he knows he said that or not lol...

It's about time someone in that organization said something like this. I'm not sure the NFL has ever seen a QB as good as Peyton, and there is very little reason to believe we ever will again. This whole thing about crowning Luck before he's ever taken a snap is total bull**** when you look at what Manning has done for Indianapolis and this league as a whole.

Claiborne is a Junior, I think you're thinking on their Safety.

Nah, I was thinking of Tyrann Mathieu, who is definitely a corner. He's normally the guy that people talk about with them. But, Claiborne is a stud... Not sure why that thought didn't automatically pop into my head.

But the fact that you got them confused only speaks to how good LSU's secondary was this season. Matthieu is the other cornerback, at least according to websites, but I thought he played safety for some reason.

The Honey Badger will probably go in the 1st round if he comes out this year, but I don't see him being nearly as dominant at the next level given his size. I think he benefits greatly from the defense around him. Granted, his one on one take aways are sweet to watch w/ LSU, but I don't see him as an every down player in the league if he's facing guys like Calvin Johnson or Dez Bryant.

Yeah man, he's talking about Morris Claiborne, best CB in the draft, even ahead of Kirkpatrick of Alabama. But the fact that you got them confused only speaks to how good LSU's secondary was this season. Matthieu is the other cornerback, at least according to websites, but I thought he played safety for some reason.

Either way, it's not like Claiborne would be a bad choice for the Skins, but secondary is probably lower on our needs list.

Do you guys know where Claiborne and kirkpatrick are projected to go in the first? Was wondering how deep this class of CB's actually is.

Do you guys know where Claiborne and kirkpatrick are projected to go in the first? Was wondering how deep this class of CB's actually is.

Claiborne is graded at 96/100 by Scouts inc. and is 3rd highest player in the draft. He probably goes in the top 5.

Kirkpatrick is right behind him at 95/100 and is the 7th highest player in the draft. Top 10 pick there too.

Following them is Alfonzo Dennard (89/100, 23rd ovr.), Janoris Jenkins (83/100, no ovr.), Chase Minnifield (82, no ovr.), and Brandon Boykin (80, no ovr.).

Everyone after them is below an 80, which means they're probably going to need a year. If we were going to target one of them, it'd probably be Jenkins or Minnifield in the 2nd.

Mardi Gras would be canceled if Brees left NO.

True enough. New Orleans would riot if he left. However, Meachem will be a FA, and would be interesting to look at. Considering he seems to do his best work when we're nearby (caught his first TD against us, and stripped away an intercepted ball against us as well), he might be an interesting addition to the corp, though a lot more thought needs to go into any moves at him.

Weeden? He's 28 and blew out his shoulder which ended his MLB career. NO THANKS.

Moore? System QB who also has a bit of a week arm. Also benefits from playing against sub par opponents. I'd be fine taking a late round pick for him (6th at most)

I agree with you on both counts, but I think in your hurry to put down the 2 QBs, you're overlooking the that Moore also played very well against top talent. Some of his best games were against VT (60.5% completion 215 yards and 3 TDs), Utah (73.7% completion 339 yards 2 TDs 1 INT) and Georgia (82% completion 261 yards and 3 TDs 1 INT). The one game they lost this season, against TCU, wasn't his fault (76% completion 320 yards and 2 TDs).

He's never had a completion % below 64% in any of the 4 seasons he started at Boise. He's done a hell of a job at a college that no one expected to compete, yet they did. He kept Boise in the top 10 for most of his college career. That's not too shabby.

However, he's too small to start in the NFL, and I agree, no one should be looking at him until the 5th round earliest. He has talent, but his size is what bothers me. I'm not interested in either of those guys for our future QB, though I'd be happy to have either as a future #2 (Weeden sooner than later and Moore only if ends up being 6'+ and gains 30 or 40 pounds).

---------- Post added December-24th-2011 at 02:09 AM ----------

.....Last year my jaw literally dropped when there was that ridiculous run on quarterbacks even prior to our tenth pick......

My jaw drop was actually when the Vikings picked Ponder. I thought that guy was a mid 2nd, after Dalton. That one blew me away. There had been rumors that Tennessee was in love with Locker (I think from our guys here at ES), so I was surprised, but not too shocked. I just thought the Vikings were unbelievably asinine.

DogofWar1; "Claiborne is graded at 96/100 by Scouts inc. and is 3rd highest player in the draft. He probably goes in the top 5.

Kirkpatrick is right behind him at 95/100 and is the 7th highest player in the draft. Top 10 pick there too.

Following them is Alfonzo Dennard (89/100, 23rd ovr.), Janoris Jenkins (83/100, no ovr.), Chase Minnifield (82, no ovr.), and Brandon Boykin (80, no ovr.).

Everyone after them is below an 80, which means they're probably going to need a year. If we were going to target one of them, it'd probably be Jenkins or Minnifield in the 2nd."

Appreciate the info DOW, some names/highlights im gonna have to check out now. If the Shanallen plan is to take one of the 2nd tier QB's then i'm all for nabbing a stud in our secondary with our 1st rounder.

Archived